• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    If you’re not a fan of Junior, you guys can skip ahead to about the 2:50 mark. (click on the Family Traditions title)

Me 'n ole Hand Jr...they lived in the rent house behind us when my Dad was stationed at Barksdale AFB after WWII, there was no fence and my mom and his wife would sit out there and drink tea while me and ole Hank Jr played in the sandbox.
    Gun Zone Deals

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    For turn up Thursday. We had some finely made, plastic bottle, brown looking liquid known as...

Evan Williams.

Personal thoughts? It tastes like gasoline. You know when you siphon some gas and you get over excited and apply too much vacuum? Ending in a light and delicate swig of unleaded?

Evan Williams taste about the same. Strong notes of dirty fuel hose ending with hints of metal shavings. Makes Jim Beam seem like top shelf stuff.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    For turn up Thursday. We had some finely made, plastic bottle, brown looking liquid known as...

Evan Williams.

Personal thoughts? It tastes like gasoline. You know when you siphon some gas and you get over excited and apply too much vacuum? Ending in a light and delicate swig of unleaded?

Evan Williams taste about the same. Strong notes of dirty fuel hose ending with hints of metal shavings. Makes Jim Beam seem like top shelf stuff.

You need to try Rebel Yell. One of the oldest whiskies made.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Evan Williams.

Thanks... I'll stay away from that crap.

Have you tried the new Fistful of bourbon?

single stack

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    FL
    Evan Williams is okay for bottom shelf Bourbon.
    My preference for inexpensive is Ezra Brooks.
    I don't want to shell out the money for real top of the line Bourbon but I do serve Rebecca Creek to my guests.
    Lately, I find myself enjoying blended Canadian Whisky.
    I keep a flask of Black Velvet in my golf bag for a nip to celebrate birdies.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Thanks... I'll stay away from that crap.

Have you tried the new Fistful of bourbon?

No but I did try some faker stuff. I believe the name was, "Sommers Whiskey". The neighbor sent a friend to the Asian liquor store. Told her to ask for something to help a tooth ache. She came back with that. A plastic bottle about 4" high, about 2" wide with a neck at the top.

After trying a sip. I asked to see the bottle because it was straight phucking nasty. Here's where it gets bad.

The label said it was 20% whiskey and 80% of something called "neutral alcohol". It wasn't even real whiskey. It tasted like it wasn't safe to drink. Lol, my friend drank the whole nasty thing. I turned down every offer. Phuck that.

WTF is Neutral Alcohol?? Lolololol

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No but I did try some faker stuff. I believe the name was, "Sommers Whiskey". The neighbor sent a friend to the Asian liquor store. Told her to ask for something to help a tooth ache. She came back with that. A plastic bottle about 4" high, about 2" wide with a neck at the top.

After trying a sip. I asked to see the bottle because it was straight phucking nasty. Here's where it gets bad.

The label said it was 20% whiskey and 80% of something called "neutral alcohol". It wasn't even real whiskey. It tasted like it was safe to drink. Lol, my friend drank the whole nasty thing. I turned every offer.

WTF is Neutral Alcohol?? Lolololol
    Alcohol that swings both ways....

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Evan Williams is okay for bottom shelf Bourbon.
    My preference for inexpensive is Ezra Brooks.
    I don't want to shell out the money for real top of the line Bourbon but I do serve Rebecca Creek to my guests.
    Lately, I find myself enjoying blended Canadian Whisky.
    I keep a flask of Black Velvet in my golf bag for a nip to celebrate birdies.

Evan Williams is great in bourbon & coke. Angels Envy is good straight, as is Baby Blue.

Rebecca Creek gets cut with vodka too. (neutral alcohol) (not kidding)

I have pretty much switched to single malt scotch, usually Glenfiddich.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    And for the 3rd year in a row the worlds best whiskey Is William Larue Weller Kentucky bourbon. I thought I might just have to try it until I saw the avg street price, $1,600/bottle. GULP

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    And for the 3rd year in a row the worlds best whiskey Is William Larue Weller Kentucky bourbon. I thought I might just have to try it until I saw the avg street price, $1,600/bottle. GULP

Other Weller is highly drinkable and affordable.

And, Weller is part of the Buffalo Trace family. Stablemates include Blanton’s and EH Taylor.

All good value bourbon and good value bond and limited editions.

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    Long time coming but I have a box of Fireball in the fridge. My wife just had our 4th kiddo 1 week ago. (Finally got a girl). First thing she told me while she was still in recovery was that she wanted a Firrball and rootbeer.

P.S. the box of Fireball is actually 2 1.75L sacks in a box. Think of a box of wine.

Not my even my 10th choice but the better half just spent 9 months off the wagon. It's the least I could do.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom