Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    142879894_10224808245859672_7938621387215920797_n.jpg

safestuffer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2023
    Washington state
    Been a few weeks since i've been to the range, but that was a rush thing after hours with a good friend with the time he had available. Its been a looong time since I've gotten to take everything I wanted to the range and spend as much time as I needed getting everything sorted out.
    Scopes to zero, new guns to test fire, ladder loads to work through, sights to align,
    I swear I need a full 8 hour day at the range to get it all done.

Chewbacca7685

Certified Golf Cart Driver
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mission
    Snagged a membership at Coyote arms in Edinburg yesterday. $200 a year. With daily fees being $50 for me and my wife, 4 trips and it’s paid for itself. You also get $5 transfers so it’s a pretty sweet deal. Especially since we plan on doing a lot of buying this year. I’m also not used to being able to go to a place where you have your own bay. That’s a nice perk. The only one you have to share is the 100yrd.

Did some short range plinking on the new steel setup. Worked out very well. I think the wife shot her 22 revolver better than I did. She’s improving quickly now that we’re able to go regularly. I just have to get her shooting more semi auto pistols. That’s her weakest spot so far. Hopefully my new one will be in tomorrow. We plan on going out first thing in the morning on the 4th. Gotta celebrate freedom with freedom. I don’t know how I’m gonna stockpile ammo with all this range time lol.

ea332bf7ef94bee8c91ae34dbf95cbea.jpg

c436d0557ea6beefdffd8862a8559007.jpg

34a76ef30847e5b6ccbe552c3943a5de.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Due to meeting my daughter competition goals we are more at shotgun ranges than any other. I have not been to an indoor or rifle outdoor in a long while due to it. Hell I did not even sight in my deer rifles because my daughter practices take overs.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Due to meeting my daughter competition goals we are more at shotgun ranges than any other. I have not been to an indoor or rifle outdoor in a long while due to it. Hell I did not even sight in my deer rifles because my daughter practices take overs.
    find a range that has all types of rangesthen you can do what you need to do while she's practicing!

Chewbacca7685

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mission
    An odd observation - southpaws attract?

Oddly enough she’s cross eye dominant. She’s right handed but left eye. So she can still use a pistol right handed but has to shoot a rifle on the left. So far it’s working out mostly. Obviously needs to work on stance and posture and whatnot but I’m in the school of stance doesn’t matter until you have consistent sight alignment and trigger control.

Chewbacca7685

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mission
    Got out to the range again this morning to get more familiar with the peanut butter Glock and see what the wife thinks of a larger 9mm. She’s really getting the hang of it and putting lead on steel with little issue. I’m working on tightening up my short range groups. Below is 2, 5 shot groups with the Glock and one 6 shot group with a heritage 22. Oddly I did better with the Glock even though both were a bit low. Gotta bring that up. But that’s why we train.

08c753d2ebd70575e63ec5dabc3c3056.jpg

RevolverGuy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2013
    Be sure to pack plenty of water.

I spent yesterday testing handloads in near 100-degree heat and let myself get dehydrated. Scary stuff.

Top Bottom