• Total voters

perfor8

God, guns, and guts
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 30, 2018
    Fort Worth
    If I needed one an average of once a year I still wouldn't see the point of carrying a tourniquet. I'm wearing a t-shirt - that'll do. Most people will go their whole lives without ever seeing an injury requiring one.

It would be the equivalent of a cowboy wearing a dive knife. OK, he might fall in a pond, get caught underwater on a tree root, and saw through it with his dive knife, saving his life. Or, he could use the Case pocketknife he always carries in his pocket, if he's the one cowboy in a million to which this will happen.

Get real. It's not some complex, specialized tool, like a firearm. It's a damn strap.
    Texas SOT

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    If it makes you feel better to have a bunch of first aid devices on you all the time, by all means do so. Get the training. You can be sued for anything and especially if you applied the deadly force that made the big bleeding hole. Lawyers will be lining up for the bad guys distraught mother and a tourniquet applied by an untrained killer will be an issue.

c.tiberius

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 28, 2015
    I do have a cat and a rat in the backpack that I carry daily in the car. As the change of clothes, first aid kit, mosquito repellent sunblock and other so items that are intended for me and my comfort . I would probably not bother using a tourniquet on a bad guy. They are for me and whomever I'm with. EMS can take care of the bad guys.
    In my opinion, you have higher chances of using a tourniquet in your lifetime than your gun.
    (Almost got shot by a friend while hunting, he shot 2 feet in front of me as we walked along the trail. And another guy from our church,on 2 separate occasions shot his handgun in front of me and being the cocky bastard that he is acted like it's no big deal and I'm exaggerating )
    Based on this, I carry the CAT and RAT.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

perfor8

God, guns, and guts
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 30, 2018
    Fort Worth
    I do have a cat and a rat in the backpack that I carry daily in the car. As the change of clothes, first aid kit, mosquito repellent sunblock and other so items that are intended for me and my comfort . I would probably not bother using a tourniquet on a bad guy. They are for me and whomever I'm with. EMS can take care of the bad guys.
    In my opinion, you have higher chances of using a tourniquet in your lifetime than your gun.
    (Almost got shot by a friend while hunting, he shot 2 feet in front of me as we walked along the trail. And another guy from our church,on 2 separate occasions shot his handgun in front of me and being the cocky bastard that he is acted like it's no big deal and I'm exaggerating )
    Based on this, I carry the CAT and RAT.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I've seen first-hand dozens of shootings, never one requiring a tourniquet. Even those who were dead/dying would not have benefited from a tourniquet. People have this misconception - "I'm bleeding, a tourniquet will fix it". Other simple procedures will ALWAYS take precedent over a tourniquet: direct pressure (yes, even on arterial bleeds) elevate the affected area relative to the heart, and apply pressure to pressure points (arteries leading to the would), in that order. A tourniquet is a last resort after those have failed. Even given all the above, tourniquets are only applied to limbs, so no GSW in your head, neck, truck, or even extreme proximal limbs can be treated with a tourniquet. It's a damn strap. You're wearing one better than the commercial devices in the form of a T-shirt.

I should stay at Holiday Inn Express more often...

Last edited:

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I carry a few ancient bandaids and a few equally old ibuprofen.

Oh, and a week old bottle of water I drank from...a week ago...

So what, do I look like a doctor?

Geez, would you quit making all those gagging, gasping sounds and die already?

You're harshing my buzz.....

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    A C.A.T. is with me at all times in the truck, as well as a partial roll of Coban. My Trauma kit will be with me in the truck as well as soon as I put it out there. Just going through it and putting stuff where I want it.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    In my truck I carry a really good first aid kit with a large and small tourniquet in it. Also carry bug spray, sun block, bottled water, 3 flashlights, spare batteries, spare knives, fire starting kit, boonie hat, extra sun glasses, FR jersey, impact gloves, spare work boots, 18V impact wrench, 18V drill, 18V grinder, 18V charger, Battery booster, 12V air compressor, fix a flat, and a 30 cal ammo can with spare ammo for every weapon I own and usually extra mags too.

TL;DR - I usually have anything I could possible need.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    C.A.T.?

Kurt Coban?

Ah, he didn't make it, no tourniquet for him......rimshot!

Yeah, I'll help if I can, but mouth to mouth resus., hell no!

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    In my truck I carry a really good first aid kit with a large and small tourniquet in it. Also carry bug spray, sun block, bottled water, 3 flashlights, spare batteries, spare knives, fire starting kit, boonie hat, extra sun glasses, FR jersey, impact gloves, spare work boots, 18V impact wrench, 18V drill, 18V grinder, 18V charger, Battery booster, 12V air compressor, fix a flat, and a 30 cal ammo can with spare ammo for every weapon I own and usually extra mags too.

TL;DR - I usually have anything I could possible need.

No wonder your gas mileage sucks...

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I wear an emergency tourniquet around my waist every day. My new car came with an extensive 1st aid kit. That is a first for any car I have ever owned (14 now)

Top Bottom