• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Because of the context of how it's used, the Germans use the term Sturm to define anything that was heavy or used offensively. Sturmpionier, SS-Sturmbannführer, Sturmpanzer, Sturmgewehr, etc.

Okay, from that aspect it makes sense to me. Alan always makes sense, that's what's so right about him....

Like my Sturmweiner? It has been used offensively a time or two...

Okay, that deserves some sort of forum commendation for humor....I'm still laughing....

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    "Why does anyone need an assault weapon?

Well, one time a car-load of "Gangstas" stopped in front of my house looking for trouble. I was expecting them and came prepared. They weren't expecting me to stand up holding an AK across my chest when they arrived. They decided to not even exit the vehicle. I never heard from them again.

So there's one reason.

A lot of people make a big deal about the potential lethality of such weapons; but they never make a big deal out of the potential to keep things orderly by the simple fact that almost no one is going to start getting unruly when they see an assault weapon. I've used guns to defend myself three times. I've never had to fire a shot- and I stopped the threats immediately.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    London, I think I'd change locations and/or profession.

Actually, I live out in the country. Our biggest crime problem out here is daytime theft when everyone is at work.

Question: Why were you expecting a car load of "Gangstas" to stop by your house?

I had an altercation with one earlier that day. He didn't like me talking to his girlfriend. When he came to my house and started talking to me like he owned the place, I forced him off of my property. He was the only thug in the neighborhood, but like they say, "Crime is mobile." I knew what a chicken-shit he was and expected him to come back later, and I was right.

Eventually his girlfriend had enough of his shit and kicked him out. Now he's some other neighborhood's problem.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Actually, I live out in the country. Our biggest crime problem out here is daytime theft when everyone is at work.

You need a half wolf, half Rottweiler that you feed only on weekends to roam freely in your house while you're at work. The dog will serve double duty licking up the blood trails after the burglar has been neutralized....

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    You need a half wolf, half Rottweiler that you feed only on weekends to roam freely in your house while you're at work. The dog will serve double duty licking up the blood trails after the burglar has been neutralized....

Due to the work schedules of the people who live with me there is always a car parked outside and an armed person inside.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Do to the work schedules of the people who live with me there is always a car parked outside and an armed person inside.

Which part of Texas do you live in, if you don't mind me asking? Even the county would be fine. I'm just curious. I wouldn't want to live in a place I don't have a high degree of confidence that my home will not be violated.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    About 10 miles outside of S.A. on the SE side. Everything has its trade-offs; living in the country means having less people around to witness and deter daytime theft. The bulk of the problem is coming from one house in my neighborhood in particular which is constantly occupied by career thieves.

Anyway, I have signs on every door saying things like, "We don't dial 911," "There is nothing here worth your life," "Beware of owner," etc. Between that, the constant presence of an occupant, and the constantly barking dogs, I don't really worry too much. If they are dumb enough to try to steal from me they will leave in a police cruiser or an ambulance.

I'd still rather live here than the city any day.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I'm a vehement believer in the Castle Doctrine, and if someone is stupid enough to violate the sanctity of my home then their life is forfeit, pure and simple.

Just make sure you know the law. Texas law isn't as unsympathetic to shot/killed criminals as it should be.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Just make sure you know the law. Texas law isn't as unsympathetic to shot/killed criminals as it should be.

Oh, yah! Californication does not have a Castle Doctrine and you're almost expected to serve tea and crumpets to home invaders. Doesn't faze me. I figure if someone violates my home they are a threat, and I will neutralize that threat by whatever means necessary. I figure in the aftermath I'll encourage my lawyer to appeal to the sympathy of the jury. Let's just hope it never comes to that, and based on my local area the likelihood is extremely low.

Bultx1215

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    Bulverde, TX
    If someone enters with intent, the last thing I will be worried about is the law. Just sayin. I'll worry about the aftermath once I have survived. I was just wondering specifically what was being said by unsympathetic.

Top Bottom