Capitol Armory ad

Why does the U.S. ignore fluoride toxicity in drinking water?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    You don't have to drink it to get the benefits. Brushing with a fluoride toothpaste is sufficient. I'm guessing they've seen the effects of too much fluoride on teeth as well?

Studies have shown that is isn't the same from a public heath standpoint. Maybe in theory but certainly not in practice.
    Capitol Armory ad

mantawolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Lowry Crossing
    You brush your teeth? Man that is just government propaganda tonwear out your teeth so you can be fed mush later that the government provides cheap from china. Why would you purposively grind your teeth with polishing compounds?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    I know it's very hard to filter out. You might be able to get 80 or 90 percent of it, but better than drinking all of it imho. A lot of towns in Texas refuse to put it in. It's basically industrial waste sold off to the suckers here who will drink the shit.

Edited, personal attacks and insults are not allowed.

YG

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    Umm most water naturally has fluoride in it. Depending on the source it may have more fluoride than treated water.

Sodium fluoride and fluorosilicic acid are not naturally occurring in the environment, the latter is also usually contaminated with arsenic. But you would probably believe that arsenic and lead, and other contaminates are good for you too. That's why Obama had the EPA put all that lead and arsenic in the water in Colorado, because it's good for you.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    Flouride is a naturally occurring non-organic and is commercially processed from the mineral fluorite (calcium flouride). http://www.minerals.net/mineral/fluorite.aspx.

Yes, there is controversy about adding it to drinking water. No, there is no conspiracy. Yes, it has been proven to strengthen bones and teeth in small regular dosages. Yes it has been proven to weaken bones and teeth and cause other health problems in extremely large doses.

I filter tap water through my hat. I avoid all plastics, aluminum, direct radio waves, democrats, non-organic fresh produce, beef, chicken, pork, electrical appliances, electronics, metal and plastic containers, lead paint, unaccompanied minors, blue bell ice cream, republicans, processed paper, gluten, processed tobacco, non grain alcohol, x-rays, radar, radio waves, direct sunlight, radon, cities, vaccinations, synthetic fabrics... I also don't use the internet or cell phones and avoid skin to skin human contact.

4f8.jpg

Go back to sleep, your government loves you.

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Sodium fluoride and fluorosilicic acid are not naturally occurring in the environment, the latter is also usually contaminated with arsenic. But you would probably believe that arsenic and lead, and other contaminates are good for you too. That's why Obama had the EPA put all that lead and arsenic in the water in Colorado, because it's good for you.

fluorosilicic acid is what they add to drinking water but it's not what you drink. It dilutes and breaks down into fluoride which is indistinguishable from other sources of natural fluoride.

As to the arsenic this is from the CDC

Consumers may raise concerns about arsenic in drinking water and that fluoride additives may contain some arsenic. The EPA allowable amount for arsenic in drinking water is 10 parts per billion. NSF quality testing has found that most fluoride additive samples do not have detectable levels of arsenic. For those samples that do have some amount of arsenic, the arsenic level that an average consumer would experience over an entire year of drinking water at a concentration of 1.2 mg/L fluoride is extremely small -- only about 1.2% of the EPA allowable amount.
    Other impurities in the NSF International-certified fluoride product testing were found to be even lower than the arsenic levels, with only 1%–3% of fluoride products containing detectable levels of metals. The average exposure to a typical consumer would be less than 0.1% of the EPA allowable levels.

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    Whats the big deal? It naturally occurring in sea water, fresh water, tea leaves and so much more. Prevents tooth decay too. CDC classified it as one of the 10 greatest health achievements of our time. Get a filter if concerned.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    fluorosilicic acid is what they add to drinking water but it's not what you drink. It dilutes and breaks down into fluoride which is indistinguishable from other sources of natural fluoride.

As to the arsenic this is from the CDC

Consumers may raise concerns about arsenic in drinking water and that fluoride additives may contain some arsenic. The EPA allowable amount for arsenic in drinking water is 10 parts per billion. NSF quality testing has found that most fluoride additive samples do not have detectable levels of arsenic. For those samples that do have some amount of arsenic, the arsenic level that an average consumer would experience over an entire year of drinking water at a concentration of 1.2 mg/L fluoride is extremely small -- only about 1.2% of the EPA allowable amount.
    Other impurities in the NSF International-certified fluoride product testing were found to be even lower than the arsenic levels, with only 1%–3% of fluoride products containing detectable levels of metals. The average exposure to a typical consumer would be less than 0.1% of the EPA allowable levels.

That's a load of bull. I don't buy EPA "allowable amounts" and I certainly don't buy that it breaks down into fluoride which is indistinguishable from the natural form. This is from the same agency whose researchers knowingly falsified studies. Government health organization know very little about health and nutrition, just look at the food pyramid. I certainly don't trust what they say about how much contaminants in water is acceptable.

Just because fluoride is naturally present in certain groundwater sources, doesn't mean it is good for you either. I would venture to say that no level of arsenic, mercury, lead, fluoride, etc. is acceptable, though it may be naturally present. That doesn't mean you need it in your water, maybe in very small amounts.

Common sense says that you shouldn't drink anything that has this stuff added. Chlorine levels in tap water are suppose to be acceptable , even though you can smell it in the water. If you can smell it in the water, it is not at an acceptable level.

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    That's a load of bull. I don't buy EPA "allowable amounts" and I certainly don't buy that it breaks down into fluoride which is indistinguishable from the natural form. This is from the same agency whose researchers knowingly falsified studies. Government health organization know very little about health and nutrition, just look at the food pyramid. I certainly don't trust what they say about how much contaminants in water is acceptable.

Just because fluoride is naturally present in certain groundwater sources, doesn't mean it is good for you either. I would venture to say that no level of arsenic, mercury, lead, fluoride, etc. is acceptable, though it may be naturally present. That doesn't mean you need it in your water, maybe in very small amounts.

Common sense says that you shouldn't drink anything that has this stuff added. Chlorine levels in tap water are suppose to be acceptable , even though you can smell it in the water. If you can smell it in the water, it is not at an acceptable level.

Are you a chemist? Because you really have no idea what you are talking about. You know why the fluoride is the same? Because it comes from the same place, rock. crushed and cooked rock is how we get fluoride for drinking water. The same rock that leaches fluoride into the water so tell me again how it can't be the same. Do some research at other than conspiracy websites.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    Are you a chemist? Because you really have no idea what you are talking about. You know why the fluoride is the same? Because it comes from the same place, rock. crushed and cooked rock is how we get fluoride for drinking water. The same rock that leaches fluoride into the water so tell me again how it can't be the same. Do some research at other than conspiracy websites.

Are you a chemist?

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    Jim Jones's Kool-Aid is not the same as regular Kool-Aid, no matter how many times he tells you it is.

And no matter how much you want to believe it.

I filter my water regardless. I filter well water, river water, tap water, everything. I try to put my health and the health of my kids in our own hands.

People of Flint, listen closely.

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    There are zero decent studies that show any health risks for fluoride in drinking water when used as recommended. And this is world wide not just US.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    There are zero decent studies that show any health risks for fluoride in drinking water when used as recommended. And this is world wide not just US.

CDC:
    "Fluoridation of drinking water began in 1945 and in 1999 reaches an estimated 144 million persons in the United States. Fluoridation safely and inexpensively benefits both children and adults by effectively preventing tooth decay, regardless of socioeconomic status or access to care. Fluoridation has played an important role in the reductions in tooth decay (40%-70% in children) and of tooth loss in adults (40%-60%)"

:deadhorse:http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/00056796.htm

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom