Target Sports

Why Don't You Carry Switchblade.....or do you?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tbark44

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    nowhere
    Well as a Maker of Handmade Switchblades i carry one all the time of various styles depends on what i just built an the testing i plan to do on it , otherwise i carry a kershaw onion design for beating up ect. here is some of my work .T bar K Custom Knives

Attachments

• ot1.jpg
      ot1.jpg
      99.8 KB · Views: 317

sucker76

Don't let the username fool you
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 15, 2015
    Lake Jackson
    Well I got a Lightning OTF knife to start carrying. It's cool factor is though the roof. I haven't really had the chance to use it except for opening a box. More to come on this one after I've used it for a month or two.

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    Well I got a Lightning OTF knife to start carrying. It's cool factor is though the roof. I haven't really had the chance to use it except for opening a box. More to come on this one after I've used it for a month or two.

I got one of those and figured it would last a couple of months. It's been 4 years now as my EDC. Great little knife.

sucker76

Don't let the username fool you
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 15, 2015
    Lake Jackson
    It's too bad neighboring stated don't think the same. I'm going to work in Louisiana for a few months and I found out they are still illegal there to carry. I'll go back to the ol Gerber lock back.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I bought a couple more Boker Kalishnakov autos for gifts. These things hold up great, and hold an edge pretty well. I have used and abused these knives, and they keep on giving. I have two in my vehicle, scratched up, clip bent, sharp enough to shave with it, and it always pops open when I push the button. My favorite knife I own.

Hard to beat IMO for $40. Here is a link for $40 and free shipping.

https://www.bladehq.com/cat--Boker-Kalashnikov--249

Last edited:

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    My luck with the Boker Kalishnikov has not been as good. Bought 2 and both died within a few months. Some sort of spring failure as both stopped opening. I think I’ll save for a nicer knife.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    My luck with the Boker Kalishnikov has not been as good. Bought 2 and both died within a few months. Some sort of spring failure as both stopped opening. I think I’ll save for a nicer knife.
    Send it back. I've had several with zero issues. And I aint' exactly nice to them.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I carry an auto knife daily. The only OTF I've liked is the ProTech Dark Angel.
    I have a Microtech but it doesn't operate well enough for me to depend on it.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom