Venture Surplus ad

Why Don't You Carry Switchblade.....or do you?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Second time I've seen the ZT mentioned and I looked 'em up...look tough and sturdy.
    I swear by it, except for a little wear on the finish of the clip it looks as good as the day I bought it. I was amazed how well the the edge keeps. I have had many folders and this knife by far keeps it's edge longer.
    Texas SOT

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Cool. Very similar in appearance, different blades. This is the one I got him:
    29201466-origpic-1359ce.jpg
    I believe that's the limited edition they came out with about a year ago, very nice. About the same length, but not as wide, less weight.

sylvirfoxx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2017
    Texas
    I believe that's the limited edition they came out with about a year ago, very nice. About the same length, but not as wide, less weight.
    I think you're thinking of the 0450 (which is almost 7.5 inches, and just a hair shorter than yours, the 0770). The 0452 is pretty much identical the 0450, just slightly under 2 inches bigger. You're right though - I think the 0450 was some kind of special run. Not sure about the 0452.
    ZT-0450-vs-0452.jpg

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I think you're thinking of the 0450 (which is almost 7.5 inches, and just a hair shorter than yours, the 0770). The 0452 is pretty much identical the 0450, just slightly under 2 inches bigger. You're right though - I think the 0450 was some kind of special run. Not sure about the 0452.
    ZT-0450-vs-0452.jpg
    The 0450 I believe is titanium. The limited edition one that I saw was carbon fiber and looked similar to that 0452 and was a little bit lighter than mine. I wanted it, but at nearly $300, I didn't want it that bad. LOL!

sylvirfoxx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2017
    Texas
    The 0450 I believe is titanium. The limited edition one that I saw was carbon fiber and looked similar to that 0452 and was a little bit lighter than mine. I wanted it, but at nearly $300, I didn't want it that bad. LOL!
    Heheheh. I feel your pain. 0452 wasn't cheap, but it was worth it - husband had been eying it for a few months, and he loves it and it's one of his daily carry knives.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Heheheh. I feel your pain. 0452 wasn't cheap, but it was worth it - husband had been eying it for a few months, and he loves it and it's one of his daily carry knives.
    I'm sure he'll be happy with it, I certainly am with mine.
    I bought mine when I was in Colorado and I had thought I lost my Kershaw. It was the weight and ease of opening that sold me, plus I like the Kershaw and being that ZT is a high end Kershaw. I since found the Kershaw and it feels like holding a brick next to the ZT.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    can you find a decent knife in walmart?

Yes sir. My first CRKT came from Wally World. I gave a whole $22 for it and carried for 8 years until I lost it. Of course that was several years ago. It's not on par with everything these folks have been discussing, but it's a decent knife. A CRKT is 1 of the 2 knives I carry every single day.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Yes sir. My first CRKT came from Wally World. I gave a whole $22 for it and carried for 8 years until I lost it. Of course that was several years ago. It's not on par with everything these folks have been discussing, but it's a decent knife. A CRKT is 1 of the 2 knives I carry every single day.
    I'm not trying to be a snob, there are many decent knives under $100. You might say I got spoiled and for 3 years I think I got my $180 worth.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I'm not trying to be a snob, there are many decent knives under $100. You might say I got spoiled and for 3 years I think I got my $180 worth.

I never assumed you were. I just meant the knives y'all were discussing were far superior to anything you'll find at Wally World. Unless you try Cam's way.

Top Bottom