Why people distrust law enforcement

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by winchster, Oct 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. winchster

winchster Right Wing Extremist TGT Supporter

Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
  2. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    That video looks pretty damning for the officers.

How far would you say the man with the knife was? Had the officer had contact with the man before? What did the man say, if anything, just before the shot. The officer had a worse perspective than us judging him safely from behind our computer screens.

I am for waiting for all of the facts. The video does not show clearly what happened. If the officer was not justified, then he should suffer the same fate any one of us would.

I agree with you though; on the surface this does not look justified.

3. winchster

winchster Right Wing Extremist TGT Supporter

Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Chief Brown immediately requsted to have charges against the suspect dropped. The officer's statement said the guy lunged, video backs the eye witness. The Eye witness on the news stated the suspect was"several" feet from the knife and it was several more feet from the officers.

4. ArmyZach

ArmyZach Active Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Joshua
    The mother of the victim called 911.
    Lesson #1: Never invite the police into your life.

5. Sugar Land

Sugar Land TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    There you go throwing facts in. Really

6. F350-6

F350-6 TGT Addict

May 25, 2009
    It's all over the news here locally. Mom has lawyered up, all charges against suspect/victim have been dropped, LEO in question on leave/suspension, chief of police makes sure mom gets to see her son in the hospital.

Don't have all the facts, but the actions and evidence are looking like this will be an expensive one for Dallas.

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk

7. cconn

cconn Active Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Hemphill
    I can't imagine what facts could make this justifiable after watching the video. At least the officers went home safe.

8. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Based on that video alone, huh?

I will ask again, how far away would YOU say the guy with the knife was? What facts did the officer have that YOU have no clue about? What did the officer observe that would be impossible for you to see from that video?

Ever been attacked by a knife wielding man? Been cut?

Easy to judge sitting safely on your couch.

Lest you be confused, I believe if the facts, all of them together, prove this to be not justified then the officer should suffer the same consequence any one of us would.

9. TX69

TX69 TGT Addict

Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Get some!

10. stdreb27

stdreb27 TGT Addict

Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I have no clue who is right or not.

But it bugs the crap out of me that they put so much focus on "mental handicapped". A man with a knife is a man with a knife. He's not rational. Which makes it even more dangerous. It's either justified or not. Makes no difference if he has all his marbles or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.