• ...and so much more!
  • MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Small flasks of Everclear, cigarettes, etc. It's amazing how people will give you what you want if you can feed their vices.

Our thoughts exactly, and having many 'trade goods' already on hand is wise.

Oh, wait, are you asking about something legal, moral, and ethical? If so, I'd be interested in an answer, too.

LOL wont give 3shts about legal moral ethical if things are that sideways. It sounded like TheDan was speaking in the realm of financial instruments, etc, and to keep this simple - lets look at just the two kinds of 'gold'.

Gold-backed investments that are being hawked so hard now would not be immune to 'control'; even when converted/exchanged for FedCoin/FRD, because any expenditures/purchases would still be monitored/controlled.

Gold, physical gold, in your hand gold. Whatcha gonna do? Carry around scales and carve off a gram or two to trade for...?? You could, I suppose. But dont sit in someone's living room to do it - or their smart TV's monitoring camera will rat you out. And don't buy something you cant hide - or it's appearance in your possession could raise questions.
    Venture Surplus ad

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    What would be outside of their eventual control that one could diversify into?

Tangible and/or productive things. Gold, silver, lead, crypto, < NOPE capital goods, skills, natural resources, community, <Again, NOPE , property you physically control. Not sure what you meant by 'community' but even the best hearted folk can and will change quickly to protect their own.

There's lots of different kinds of wealth. What works for you will depend on your preferences and skills. If you're broke and really don't have a clue where to begin, start with learning to garden and getting some chickens.

Seriously, it boggles my mind that some people get all worked up and go through these mental exercises without ever growing beans before.

Some people are that way, yes, and they are in for a very big surprise.

Every emergency is a come as you are event. What you have, right here right now, might be all you'll ever have... that isn't monitored, controlled, or disallowed.

tgt218.jpg

Last edited:

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    replying within a reply makes it hard to reply to that reply...
    Gold, silver, lead, crypto, < NOPE
    Why "nope"? How are you going to buy gas on the black market after you've used up your carbon allotment for the month without an alternative currency?

community, <Again, NOPE Not sure what you meant by 'community' but even the best hearted folk can and will change quickly to protect their own.
    I originally wrote "people", but thought that sounded a bit... elitist? machiavellian? I dunno, but human capital can't be disregarded, so I changed it to community. Of course people are going to act in their own best interest. That's why you cultivate reciprocal relationships so you have shared interests.

If you really have no plans to interact with anyone then you don't need to worry about any of this CBDC nonsense. Just go be a hermit in the wilderness. It's unlikely anyone will bother you.

I think we're talking about different scenarios really. Orwellian nightmare dystopia is a gradient; not an on off switch.

It sounded like TheDan was speaking in the realm of financial instruments, etc
    Financial instruments by their nature are part of the financial system and already captivated. @Darkpriest667 is probably a better guy to ask about decentralized financial instruments than me. For all I know there's a black stock market.

I'm not really a money guy; more a "means of production" guy. Goes back to what I was saying about what works for you will depend on your preferences and skills.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    replying within a reply makes it hard to reply to that reply...
    You're right, I'll not do that again.
    Why "nope"? How are you going to buy gas on the black market after you've used up your carbon allotment for the month without an alternative currency?

A better question might be - even with an alternative currency - who could one buy gas from on the sly? It's not just our side of a trade that has difficulties. Gas would be highly monitored, evil thing that it is. Dave on the corner might sell you a few gallons for a bit of your gold scrapings... but maybe he'll keep his hidden gas instead, for his own use. Might be moot, though, if your smart truck has already transmitted that you're now 'out of allowed miles' and won't start again until the 1st of the month.

I originally wrote "people", but thought that sounded a bit... elitist? machiavellian? I dunno, but human capital can't be disregarded, so I changed it to community. Of course people are going to act in their own best interest. That's why you cultivate reciprocal relationships so you have shared interests.
    Shared interests are a good plan, until they're not. Mike Tyson comes to mind: "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face."

If you really have no plans to interact with anyone then you don't need to worry about any of this CBDC nonsense. Just go be a hermit in the wilderness. It's unlikely anyone will bother you.
    For us, it's not a matter of being worried about it - more of a curiosity, and a staying aware, of how things evolve - to make decisions as things do. Not worried about being bothered, either; the thicket runs deep. :D

I think we're talking about different scenarios really. Orwellian nightmare dystopia is a gradient; not an on off switch.

Agree. And the downhill slide is slippin faster, it seems.

Financial instruments by their nature are part of the financial system and already captivated. @Darkpriest667 is probably a better guy to ask about decentralized financial instruments than me. For all I know there's a black stock market.

I'm not really a money guy; more a "means of production" guy. Goes back to what I was saying about what works for you will depend on your preferences and skills.

Agree again. AND - these times are different than when it's been a good idea to diversify investments for a stock/economic crash, or war/attack, or major natural disaster - i.e. to be well positioned for when things get back to normal. Normal is over.

How is this different? The added component to the perennial powermongers who want to control your every move - is the technological ability to monitor, and control through CBDC, every step you take.

O.S.O.K. 1961

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2018
    SATX Northwest Quadrant
    Then you might want to GTFO now *.
    It isn't easy - but it's not impossible.

*Or not. Even a canary has the right to prefer her cage.
    GTFO to where? I mean do you live in Belize or something? Just saying. I've lived in the country for many years - I am currently in a neighborhood on the edge of San Antonio... this after suffering in a crappy apartment for 4 years - not ideal but not too bad for now. I would love to get a piece of property in the hill country and that is my goal but that is going to take me some time. Just economic reality. I will just have to deal with things as they develop. I am well prepared for SHTF - relatively speaking.

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    How is this different? The added component to the perennial powermongers who want to control your every move - is the technological ability to monitor, and control through CBDC
    Right. So have some currency and assets outside of that.

these times are different than when it's been a good idea to diversify investments for a stock/economic crash, or war/attack, or major natural disaster - i.e. to be well positioned for when things get back to normal. Normal is over.
    eh, normal changes all the time. Every generation has it's zeitgeist. The Soviet Union only lasted 70 years and now they are back to more or less how they were; ruled by oligarchs. These things tend to only last a few generations.

It's important to prepare to thrive, not just survive. Just surviving is a fall back plan.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Right. So have some currency and assets outside of that. < (cbdc)
    I appreciate your words, truly. There's just one little thing I'm not clear on yet -

Say cbdc is in place - and 99.99% of everything, all goods/services, are in it's purview and control. What, exactly, can you now spend your outside currency/assets on ?

My dilemma is that those of us who would resist are too few in number (and structural economy) to provide an alternate resources option. More simply, we'll have plenty of funds but nothing unmonitored to buy.

Unless, of course, you've left the US.

Add: I wonder how much foreign purchases will be monitored via customs/shipping/etc.

Last edited:

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Say cbdc is in place - and 99.99% of everything, all goods/services, are in it's purview and control. What, exactly, can you now spend your outside currency/assets on ?
    Duck eggs and FIAT parts. Maybe some unvaccinated vegetables or repair services, too.

My dilemma is that those of us who would resist are too few in number (and structural economy) to provide an alternate resources option.
    Black markets exist even in North Korea.

If you don't think Americans will break the law when it's convenient for them, just look how spectacularly the war on drugs has failed. You can buy any illicit substance you want despite harsh mandatory minimums for the ones selling it.

As soon as the programable features of a CBDC to limit what or when you buy things is used, people will start figuring out ways around it.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Duck eggs and FIAT parts. Maybe some unvaccinated vegetables or repair services, too.
    Ah, got it. Now all ya have to do is hope the dude with the ducks takes bitcoin. :)

I'm hopeful they'll trade for a flask of everclear; since we have none of the former and a lifetime supply of the latter. :roflfunny:

Last edited:

John Sam Rayburn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2023
    Lufkin, Texas
    American society is so sick and debased that most people think paying 3% of every purchase to criminal Bankers in New York is NORMAL.

The entire purpose of FedCoin is to modernize and codify that depravity into the digital age for the next 100 years.

Snowden.jpg

NorthBallistics

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2023
    Chilliwack, BC, CANADA
    he entire purpose of FedCoin is to modernize and codify that depravity into the digital age for the next 100 years.

The entire purpose of FedCoin is to track and control your buying. That's it, nothing more. They want to be able to track everything, so they can deal with you accordingly. This is a major problem in our world and we all need to resist it. In Nigeria they limited all cash machines to allow $40 a week withdrawal, forcing people to move to the digital dollar, and in some cases starving their own citizens who would not access it.

The great reset, has to become the great resist.

John Sam Rayburn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2023
    Lufkin, Texas
    The entire purpose of FedCoin is to track and control your buying. That's it, nothing more.

Wrong.

An additional purpose of FedCoin is to more efficiently steal the savings of old people via Inflation.

The high prices we see today are the result of the 4 Trillion NEW Dollars they printed in 2020.

Old People who had $100,000 in savings now have the value of $60,000.

Where did that $40,000 of value go, and to whom ? Fedcoin gives them the ability to do that at light speed, daily, in addition to controlling what you spend money on.

Trump Inflation.jpg

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    No one listened to Ron Paul.
    I did then I stopped.

~40 years ago I was at a party with most of Ron Paul's staff. They swore up and down that the greenback was about to be replaced with new money in different colors. This would drive out of existence all cash hoards and, somehow, give the government more control over the people. They had, they swore, seen and handled the sample bills from a test print run.

This massive totalitarian action wasn't out on some distant horizon. It was scheduled to happen in the next two weeks. A month, tops.

There are only so many decades that I can devote to listening to people tell me the sky is falling before fatigue sets in. Between those staffers, people like them, and some other "the end of the world is coming any day now" folks who surrounded me as a kid, I got worn out.

These days it takes a lot to make me pay attention, much less take action.

Feel free to condemn me for not engaging. I imagine I, rightly or wrongly, simply won't care.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    One last question -

As gold has no intrinsic value in itself, but only in relationship to an established 'currency', of what benefit (other than retaining value independent of a specific failing state) would a gold-backed cbdc be?

Goods and services are priced in one fiat currency or another...regardless of method of payment.

Thanks -

Edit for clarity: I understand (finally) that bitcoin has its own value basis; I'm asking about gold-backed cbdc-s.
    Gold absolutely has intrinsic value both for its mechanical/physical and electrical properties and while intangible, its beauty is intrinsic as well.

Gold's intrensic values of beauty, malleability and corrosion resistance is WHY we have used it for coinage and how it became the standard by which monetary value is referenced.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    They are building a gold-backed Central Bank Digital Currency.

The Russians have been preparing for this since the Marxist Neo-Con Republicans began attacking them in 1991.

View attachment 401517

This week Padraig Martin published a good audio about this. Worth a listen...

If russia has such large gold holdings, why has the value of their ruble plummeted?

It climbed after the dip following the invasion of Ukriane, but TODAY the value of the ruble is $.010. That is after the insane inflation our dollar has seen over the same period of time. It gives me extreme doubts they could create a viable GBDC even if they wanted to.

e7d0c7f7a60f508ee5dd10a4853c332e.jpg
    430a0b6b5546079646de1b9eb799bb17.jpg
    7223ada55d5e46e64c639f0bc52aa053.jpg

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

John Sam Rayburn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2023
    Lufkin, Texas
    ~40 years ago I was at a party with most of Ron Paul's staff. They swore up and down that the greenback was about to be replaced with new money in different colors.

Ron Paul was correct about most things. But it's true his movement did attract a lot of fringe people.

I also quit engaging. I did my time as an Officer in the G.O.P. Now it's up to my Grandchildren to fix the Clown World America that ignoring Ron Paul led to.

Money Color.jpg

John Sam Rayburn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2023
    Lufkin, Texas
    If russia has such large gold holdings, why has the value of their ruble plummeted?

Because like the U.S. Dollar, the market price of the Ruble is not connected to gold.

It's a free-floating fiat currency like the Dollar, more affected by Forex Traders and Western sanctions than anything real like natural resources, manufacturing capacity, military strength, etc.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Because like the U.S. Dollar, the market price of the Ruble is not connected to gold.

It's a free-floating fiat currency like the Dollar, more affected by Forex Traders and Western sanctions than anything real like natural resources, manufacturing capacity, military strength, etc.
    Right. And, which is why I still cant see how a bric system, backed by gold, would be valued without correlating it to a established (albiet fiat) currency.

Top Bottom