Mar 31, 2023
    Lufkin, Texas

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Interesting video from Peter. The gist is that a CBDC allowing a central bank to control all transactions isn't a revolutionary idea because that's how it already is in the western banking model, and we don't have to worry about it being used as a political tool in the US like China does because that would require Congress to pass a law allowing it.
    :facepalm:

He also says that FedNow will outcompete all other digital currencies(like Bticoin) because the Fed will make it free to use. I think he's right on that. Large companies and normies are going to love it. At least at first.

I also think it's interesting that Peter is talking about FedNow like it's a CBDC because it isn't supposed to be one. Jumping the gun a bit...

TXAdj.....

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2023
    Burleson, TX
    I just want to be left the fuk alone. They need to stop screwing with shit. I don’t want lane assist on my cars, I don’t want electric cars, I don’t want solar or wind anything, I don’t want the fool in govt tellimg me what I can and cannot do for my own good, and I sure as hell dont need a Fuking digital currency.
    Amen and well put!

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Interesting video from Peter.
    As much as I pay attention to this guy, there are times (as I've said before) when he goes off the rails. Parts of this vid are insightful and informative.

And some of it is definitely worth that facepalm.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    As much as I pay attention to this guy, there are times (as I've said before) when he goes off the rails. Parts of this vid are insightful and informative.

And some of it is definitely worth that facepalm.
    As insightful as he is, you have to understand his bias (and blind spots). Neo-lib capitalists like himself and his clients aren't going to have a problem with a CBDC as it's just going to make their business easier, and they don't see the dangers of consolidating that power because they are of that system.
    Just ask the Canadian Truckers.
    Perfect example to show the "it can't happen here" folks. Yeah we're different from Canada, but not that different.
    ...and it wasn't so much what was done to the truckers, but how the hammer was dropped on people who did nothing but send a paypal or venmo donation.

O.S.O.K. 1961

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2018
    SATX Northwest Quadrant
    Cash, barter, garden, pantry...getting what you need now.
    There's ways.
    So... I still work. I need the money I get from my company for working to pay my mortgage and bills. I have no other debt than the mortgage which is good but I can't just use cash if I'm being paid in CBDC.... I mean, if they declare a full switch over to it and companies start paying their employees or 1099's, etc. in it, then how do you get cash? You can give the mortgage company barter items... This is the problem and what concerns me. If I can opt out of using CBDC, I will - I will just choose to get paid in dollars. But what if we don't get a choice? Now, I know what we need to do - on a macro scale but in the mean time, I really don't want to comply.

John Sam Rayburn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2023
    Lufkin, Texas
    If I can opt out of using CBDC, I will - I will just choose to get paid in dollars. But what if we don't get a choice?

Your Federal Reserve CBDC will be denominated in Federal Reserve Dollars.

You won't get a choice to "opt-out".

Your Mortgage Company won't accept anything but CBDC, just as you do not drive to their office and hand them a smelly stack of paper Federal Reserve Notes every month right now.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    So... I still work. I need the money I get from my company for working to pay my mortgage and bills. I have no other debt than the mortgage which is good but I can't just use cash if I'm being paid in CBDC.... I mean, if they declare a full switch over to it and companies start paying their employees or 1099's, etc. in it, then how do you get cash? You can give the mortgage company barter items... This is the problem and what concerns me. If I can opt out of using CBDC, I will - I will just choose to get paid in dollars. But what if we don't get a choice? Now, I know what we need to do - on a macro scale but in the mean time, I really don't want to comply.

This will be long - so apologies in advance. And PLEASE someone correct my understanding where it's wrong.

CBDC is not like crypto: Bitcoin et al have their own value, etc.
    CBDC is/will be valued in USDollars. (Might be called FRD - Federal Reserve Dollars)

Think of CBDC like the digital funds we all use now, almost exclusively, to get paid, pay bills, shop, order online, etc. We have an account at the bank that our debit/credit cards are linked to... and it works well, is convenient, and easy. And, for the most part, private. Until recently - what someone purchased with a 'card' was unknown - other than by retailers for targeted marketing. (If my card pays for ice cream at the grocery, next time I use it there I get a printed coupon for X brand ice cream)

The difference if/when CBDC is implemented - is that all of our digital transactions will now be visible to the Federal govt. We'll still have a 'card' to function as before but rather than being issued by our Bank - it might look like this:

tgt216.jpg

There are a lot of things in play here - other than how you and I will pay our bills.

With luck - all we will lose is privacy. With CBDC, the gov having complete control over transactions, what we can buy and what we cannot, is on the table.

Will we have a 'federal account' that our money goes through rather than a 'bank account'? As long as our funds stay available in a brick & mortar bank - we still have a chance to withdraw cash. Once that changes, game over. They wont need to 'outlaw' cash - if it's not available anywhere: a simple Fed rule of "do not convert CBDC to cash" is a kill shot.

I understand your fears; they are shared. Here is how we are going to do it...subject to change:

Now: My husband and I both draw Social Security, deposited monthly into bank accounts. We pay bills and shop digitally with the Bank card. Each month, we withdraw any excess funds in cash (keeping the Bank's receipt for proof of source), and tuck it away.

When it's CBDC and there's still cash available: Pay bills & shop for groceries with the CBDC card, other purchases either CBDC or cash, withdraw excess funds from the Bank in cash, as before.

If/when it's only CBDC: Pay bills with it, and groceries if that's the only option. Other purchases: stored cash/barter/ etc.

One might point out that when it's CBDC only then the paper greenbacks are worthless. Odds are, when/if the Feds go to a 'cashless' system, an opportunity will be given for any 'cash at home' to be surrendered for CBDC credits. (Which is why we kept the withdrawal receipts, to prove it was ours in the first place, etc). If the relinquish opportunity isn't there - well - we then have plenty of toilet paper, firestarter, etc.

All of the above ^^ is only my guess and opinion... which is about all any of us can do at this point. Who knows what's ahead. I dont. I just know that we'll do the best we can with what we got. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

O.S.O.K. 1961

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2018
    SATX Northwest Quadrant
    Thanks - I do understand the difference between encrypted, decentralized crypto currency and encrypted digital central bank currency. I guess I was thinking it would actually REPLACE dollars, not be valued in them... That does allow for the things you list of course.

Oh, and I posted a long vid in another thread and got all kinds of crap because it was an hour long. Apparently, people get upset if the vid is over like 15 minutes. Maybe if I'd have done like you and warned them.... lol

My vid was an interview discussing how the globalists are already defeated. Something positive instead of doom and gloom.

O.S.O.K. 1961

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2018
    SATX Northwest Quadrant
    Your Federal Reserve CBDC will be denominated in Federal Reserve Dollars.

You won't get a choice to "opt-out".

Your Mortgage Company won't accept anything but CBDC, just as you do not drive to their office and hand them a smelly stack of paper Federal Reserve Notes every month right now.
    Yes, that's what I was talking about. We wont' have a choice. I mean, even if you have zero debt and own your home, land etc. you will still need to buy stuff. And if we can't get case which is the natural progression, they will be able to track everything as Mountain girl mentioned. I am guessing that "flea markets" will become popular again so that people can barter and use gold and silver to buy stuff. Of course, there will be federal monitors watching this - so if you have a "OSOK's handloads" table, they will likely be after you - because at this point, that will likely be illegal.

Bottom line is that we the people need to decide if we're going to go along with all of this BS or put a stop to it. And it's increasingly looking like there's only one way that will be achievable...

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Thanks - I do understand the difference between encrypted, decentralized crypto currency and encrypted digital central bank currency. I guess I was thinking it would actually REPLACE dollars, not be valued in them... That does allow for the things you list of course.

Oh, and I posted a long vid in another thread and got all kinds of crap because it was an hour long. Apparently, people get upset if the vid is over like 15 minutes. Maybe if I'd have done like you and warned them.... lol

My vid was an interview discussing how the globalists are already defeated. Something positive instead of doom and gloom.
    In a manner of speaking, it (FRD) will replace that which the US is now using as currency; likely using the current value of USD at the go.

It's a fine hair, but it will be split.

O.S.O.K. 1961

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2018
    SATX Northwest Quadrant
    I am hearing and seeing that in a practical sense, we will not be able to resist this crap without resorting to drastic measures. I hope that is not the case but if it is not, well, then let's roll.

Top Bottom