• ...and so much more!
  • Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I hear ya.
    I'm one of those that it doesn't matter, being a petite athletic chick, but I'm on the other end of the scale. In reality, the BMI was done long long ago as a population study tool to categorize groups and but it didn't account for the entire group. It was never intended to be an individual scale after the study. It was taken and run with.

I'm 5'3" 103lbs, blood panel is perfect, very active, daily weights and a little cardio, eat clean (and cheat not so clean). I've been the recipient of and administer of the traditional gold standard fitness assessments, sans the hydrostatic. I've built programs. I've run classes.

Every person has their own philosophy on their body. And we have to take them all differently because they come from places different from you (or me or who ever's eyes you're looking through). All you can do is put info out there and motivate them. It's up to them to take it.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Unfortunately I don't have much of a chance to work out anymore. Before I retired I worked out in the school gym every morning during the week at 5:30 and felt really good. I've never had to watch what I eat and only gained weight when I worked out. since I retired I've lost 40 lbs. but I'm still 6'1" but only weigh about 175 (down from 220 when I was working out). I feel good and work every day so I'm OK with my weight. I love to drink beer and fortunately it doesn't put weight on me. I guess it's an inherited thing 'cause my parents and other relatives were never heavy.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    Well, seeing as how I get home and have nothing to do anymore since I completed my final certification I decided 2 miles a day on the weekends only wasn't enough. I ramped up and started doing 3 miles each weekday. Half a mile alone is the walk to the jr. high track and back. Granted running would be better but my army injuries prevent me from getting very far when running, unless its for my life. :marine:

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    Processed food in general is nasty. I rarely eat out so luckily that is never a problem. I always cook from scratch with real food.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Processed food in general is nasty. I rarely eat out so luckily that is never a problem. I always cook from scratch with real food.
    With the exception of fast food, eating out typically gets you fresh food. Any restaurant that's halfway decent is going to use fresh ingredients and will get deliveries daily. Of course they do tend to use a lot of butter and salt to make things delicious :laughing:

Top Bottom