• ...and so much more!
  • Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    What if we make more jobs? Jesse Ventura once talked about how to combat school shootings. With a little tweaking his idea ain’t bad.

Janitors that are former servicemen that need jobs. Screen applicants to xyz whatever you feel is important, they can stay busy fixing/cleaning up messes and they also can coordinate a response faster than waiting on le. Ok so I’m saying let’s give mercenaries jobs in schools.

Allow militia members to donate time and help schools.

Like I said: my knowledge and skills are limited to a lot of you guys.

I don’t understand some of what’s been debated in this thread. I think schools are in a position to take up arms and change how they operate. Knowing that schools are mostly liberal or filled with office jockeys I like many of you see schools not asking the public for help in fixing this. No the schools will step away from community input and seek guidance from government and politicians.

In another universe, the parents standing outside ignored the police and took action.

I do think letting the public help is the answer when people have a fear of government. So...do it people. Encourage it.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I also work in education, and I understand your concern about some educators. But, unless there is a due process to specifically prohibit a school employee with a LTC from carrying on campus, that decision should be left to the individual. And the school district and local PD should partner to offer advanced training for those who choose to carry in subjects like weapon retention, de-escalation, and threat assessment. The time for prohibition is over. It's time that legislators and school boards justify why they don't want the people who are entrusted with student safety to have effective tools to do their job....

.....and maybe spend the money squandered on STAAR tests, sports stadiums, and lavish administrator salaries on things that actually matter.
    AMEN !

Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX
    The simplest, most cost effective solution.

Has an Active Shooter ever gotten passed a properly secured door?
    The Connecticut shooter shot his way through a controlled entry point. Shot out a window next to the locked door. Although that implies that the physical security of the entry was substandard. So he got past the properly secured door by going around it.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    The Connecticut shooter shot his way through a controlled entry point. Shot out a window next to the locked door. Although that implies that the physical security of the entry was substandard. So he got past the properly secured door by going around it.
    But did he just walk through an open door?

A locked door on your home isn't going to stop someone determined to enter. But it will slow them down.

I'd apply the same logic on the doors of a classroom. That time that is slowed down benefits responders to a threat.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

So he didnt get past the secured door, he went past the unsecure window capt obvious sighs

<Insert that pic of cars driving around the gate>

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    While controlled entries obviously can't stop every planned attack, they could as obviously stop many...

Repeal Gun Free Zone legislation to make potential terrorists just a little more afraid of citizens and teachers.

Frankly, as these attacks increase in number, schools and staff will likely become more intent on maintaining security. And, I think as our society continues to degrade, incidence will increase.

Even if extreme gun control could stop lawlessness (I think it will really only increase it), it won't ever be implemented thoroughly enough to remove 400 million firearms from circulation. That genie really is out of the lamp...

The best answer would be for our society to embrace America's "gun culture" and make it work as effectively as possible by encouraging ownership and training at a state and national level, even by funding, and especially in schools. But that won't happen, because it would take control away from the globalist controllers, and put that control back in the hands of the people where it belongs.

Meantime, take care of you and yours and avoid putting yours in dangerous situations outside of your control. My attitude is that my home and land are my "safe space", and travel beyond my gates is at increased risk to be avoided, or accepted as necessary, but never without awareness.

Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX
    But did he just walk through an open door?

A locked door on your home isn't going to stop someone determined to enter. But it will slow them down.

I'd apply the same logic on the doors of a classroom. That time that is slowed down benefits responders to a threat.
    The question I answered was: “Has an Active Shooter ever gotten passed a properly secured door?” In that case he did so fairly easily. The door worked as planned but he had an easy work around.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Then I’m not sure why you asked the question. The door was in fact secured as intended but made no difference.

Are you being intentionally obtuse?

22wp1j.jpg

Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX
    Are you being intentionally obtuse?

22wp1j.jpg
    No. You asked a question and I answered it, even pointing out that the way he got past the door didn’t defeat the door itself. If your original point was what I assumed, then you meant that every security measure helps and I am in complete agreement. But he sure got past (not passed) that door.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    No. You asked a question and I answered it, even pointing out that the way he got past the door didn’t defeat the door itself. If your original point was what I assumed, then you meant that every security measure helps and I am in complete agreement. But he sure got past (not passed) that door.

Gotta respect when someone wordsmith's a simple question for sake of arguing.

+1 for you.

So let me rephrase:

Has an Active Shooter ever entered via door by defeating its security mechanisms? Not by going in window, tailgating, cloning key, going down chimney, boring up from China, driving tank through wall, entering via septic system, or teleporting in, using time machine to already be in school when it is built, etc?”

Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX
    Gotta respect when someone wordsmith's a simple question for sake of arguing.

+1 for you.

So let me rephrase:

Has an Active Shooter ever entered via door by defeating its security mechanisms? Not by going in window, tailgating, cloning key, going down chimney, boring up from China, entering via septic system, or teleporting in?”
    Maybe I should have said “sort of”. I qualified my answer in the very first response by saying: “Although that implies that the physical security of the entry was substandard. So he got past the properly secured door by going around it.” I really don’t get why you find this so vexing. Any security measure in the chain can fail, as it clearly did in both the CT and Uvalde shootings. I’ll have to talk to our superintendent and the rest of the board at our next meeting about our newly installed secure entries. We already have a lot to talk about as regards our campus security and this is one more thing to add.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    The debate was "your solution to mass shooting" not can we secure a building from mass shooters. With enough effort we can secure a building against shooters but even our prisons have people escape.
    There is no solution to mass shooting without locking up those that would commit the shooting. People that want to kill will kill. I remember the time that we had mass lockups of crazy people in mental hospitals. Without those institutions crazy people will still kill.

Top Bottom