• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    OK folks, just a friendly reminder that we are a week away from the best gun show in the Central Texas area, the Premier Original San Antonio Gun Show!

I hope everyone has plans to attend, we’ll see ya there!

Cheers! M2

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Of course! 8am at Teran's on Houston Street!

(and sorry for being a bit incommunicado, I just got back from Omaha last night!)

Cheers! M2

Down Zero

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2014
    Yes, I do. I think if admission was free there would be a lot more gang banger and wannabee types showing up.

Several years ago, the City of Austin got the bright idea to eliminate the fare on all the buses, in hopes of encouraging ridership. They had to scrap the idea six months later because crime and thuggery on the buses increased almost immediately.

Completely false. After free bus rides for about 2 years, CapMetro spent the surplus it had and went back to charging regular fees. I have lived in Austin or Cedar Park since 1986. Oh, and my cousin plays bass for Dash Riprock, the band. So there.

Down Zero

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2014
    And I will be at the San Antonio show on Sunday. FREE PARKING! Thousands of guns! Some good deals possible. Can't wait!

Thanks for the OP, Major.

Last edited:

DamnYankee76

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Blanco
    I'll be at the show with my little one. Guys day out :-). Breakfast is too early for us. We have about an hour ride and it's Saturday!! Our one day to sleep a few minutes later. lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    Completely false. After free bus rides for about 2 years, CapMetro spent the surplus it had and went back to charging regular fees. I have lived in Austin or Cedar Park since 1986. Oh, and my cousin plays bass for Dash Riprock, the band. So there.

Sorry, that's just completely inaccurate.

http://www.nctr.usf.edu/pdf/473-132.pdf

A medium-sized transit system that experimented with total fare-free service was Austin, Texas. The experiment ran from October 1989 to December 1990. Ridership increased 75 percent during the experiment, but expanded service accounts for some of this percentage (5), and the People for Modern Transit (PMT) Technical Committee (29) claims that once the ridership increase is adjusted for normal growth and addition of University of Texas student passengers, the initial jump really only amounted to a 10 percent increase. This experiment was regarded as both successful in terms of increasing ridership and disastrous in terms of attracting problem riders who drive away quality ridership and caused system losses due to criminal activity (29). In response, 75 percent of transit drivers petitioned to have the fare-free program discontinued immediately, due to the abuse they were experiencing at the hands of problem riders (20).

You want to ruin a gun show - or pretty much anything else for that matter - make it free. It's as simple as that.

Last edited:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Guys, there's really little chance any promoters will not charge entry into these shows. At $5-8 per pop, with several thousand people attending it's not likely they will give up that revenue. Outside of vendors paying for tables, this is the only income they make off these shows to pay for the venue, employees, security, advertising, etc.

Anyhow, we did have a nice crowd for breakfast and the show was good as well. For some reason it seemed like there were either new vendors or at least different goods available, as while we normally get through everything in about two hours, this time it took three!

My buddy bought a nice FN .45 pistol and another bought an AR lower; but I am not sure if anyone else from breakfast got anything as we all went in different directions once we got through the door. I have a line on something I am interested in, but the details will have to remain "classified" until such time as the deal is done as I don't want to jeopardize the transaction!

The great news is that more dates have been announced for 2014! The remaining Premier San Antonio Gun Shows will be:

31 May and 1 June
    19 & 20 July
    30 & 31 August
    18 & 19 October

Plus there will be a show in December, but the dates are still to be determined!

So mark your calendar and tell your friends! This is the best show in the area, and one you don't want to miss!

Cheers! M2

Top Bottom