• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Sorry, that's just completely inaccurate.

http://www.nctr.usf.edu/pdf/473-132.pdf

You want to ruin a gun show - or pretty much anything else for that matter - make it free. It's as simple as that.
    Playland Park here in San Antonio was free and it was almost destroyed by vandals, drugs, rapes murders you name it. Then they started charging, IIRC it was .10 cents just to get in the park. WOW what a difference it make, suddenly you go, clean, family safe.

Study after study has been down on everything you can imagine. Make it free and it will be destroyed...
    Venture Surplus ad

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    I don't mind paying to get in. It's not that much and that's coming from a poor guy. I took 5 pistols to sell but had no bites. Everyone wanted to low ball me but I didn't have to sell. That will not stop me from going back. I had a great time and appreciate the free parking. Can't wait for the next one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Good show. Picked up a few items I needed and got to visit with a couple TGT sponsors. :)

I thought prices looked good overall as well and slightly higher then online, which is normal. Minus, of course, 22LR which was double for most vendors.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Playland Park here in San Antonio was free and it was almost destroyed by vandals, drugs, rapes murders you name it. Then they started charging, IIRC it was .10 cents just to get in the park. WOW what a difference it make, suddenly you go, clean, family safe.

Study after study has been down on everything you can imagine. Make it free and it will be destroyed...

Guys, could we please take this discussion elsewhere? It's not really appropriate in this thread. Thanks!

As for .22LR prices, I also saw a lot of overpriced boxes and it just made me laugh. It's starting to show up in shops/stores at decent prices, we just need to be patient and not feed these vendors who are price gouging because a few folks are panicking!

Cheers! M2

rl96ss

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    CenTex
    Good show I sold a pistol and picked up a new G27 for $500 out the door. Those fde Tavors were following me around seem like they were everywhere I looked. Had to convince myself to wait. Oh well, enjoyed my time as always.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Good show I sold a pistol and picked up a new G27 for $500 out the door. Those fde Tavors were following me around seem like they were everywhere I looked. Had to convince myself to wait. Oh well, enjoyed my time as always.

I held a few of them too!! They feel just right. :)

RunnerRunner

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nov 15, 2013
    I held a few of them too!! They feel just right. :)

The Tavor is a very nice bull pup. It just feels right when it is against your shoulder. The prices I saw on them at the show were decent as well.

The San Antonio show was my first time I've been and it was really well done. It was also nice meeting a few of you all and putting faces to screen names.

cpmack1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2014
    San Antonio, Tx
    I'm new to the forum(s) here and am just getting in on the threads and this talk of going to the premier gun shows has me thinking. I'd been hearing a lot about them since my return to the US, but nothing positive, everything was said to be overpriced, etc. Well guys, you've convinced me I should go. I haven't been to any because I've been in Korea for the past 6 years working for Uncle Sam and just got back in mid 2012. I've been looking for a few guns to add to my collection and its been trial and error, even though I have acquired a couple I wanted, it was a pain and I still have a few more I'm looking for. One gun I'd like to see, handle and possibly purchase is a Heritage Arms Rough Rider in the 410/45lc western style 6 shot version. Haven't seen any up for sale on any of the lists. I see lots of Taurus' around, and that bothers me that so many used ones are on the market, and I would hope its because they didn't meet the expectations of the new owners, and not because they are overpriced and crappy guns, but I'm not hearing good things about them. I'm familiar with Magnum Research and they along with Smith and Wesson versions are little out of my price range for now even though they appear to be highly rated.
    So.... When is the next gun show here in San Antonio? I will most certainly try to attend and hope to find what I'm looking for.

Low151

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    SA
    The next gun show in SA is tomorrow. This is a SAXET weekend, so no Premier. Good luck finding what you are looking for. I'm still looking for a great Korean joint here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cpmack1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2014
    San Antonio, Tx
    Well there are two places I go to... One is the Texas BBQ (East Meets West) one block north of Rittirman on Harry Wurzbach... and the other is a place just south off Rittirman on Industy Park Ave... about one black east of I35. The BBQ place has a Korean Menu that is pretty close to the real thing... I eat there a couple of times a week for lunch. The other one is off Industry but is a bit expensive, it is also pretty close to the real thing. The one on Industry looks like a light house from Rittirman... so not hard to find.
    I'll give that gun show a visit tomorrow... thanks for the info.

Low151

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    SA
    The other one is off Industry but is a bit expensive, it is also pretty close to the real thing. The one on Industry looks like a light house from Rittirman... so not hard to find.

Yeah, I tried that place once and while we enjoyed it, I'm not sure why my meal was so high. Two Bulgogi dinners= almost $50? Wow...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom