• ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    So what do I tell my shooting buddies when they are clearing the FTF/FTE from their 1911's (its not one or two of them, its most of them) while I continue to chew up the target with a Glock?

I'm not dissing 1911s just saying they require "maintainence".

How many Glocks get sent back vs. 1911s to get them to feed correctly?

Glocks are ugly but they work...everytime.

Now my apologies for the hijack.....

Bitchslap 'em and tell 'em that they're either limpwristin' 'em or not taking care of their weapon. I don't care WHAT make of weapon it is, or how "it doesn't need it" - when your LIFE depends on it going bang every time, you'd DAMN WELL best take care of it - and that means at least a monthly clean - more often as indicated!!
    Venture Surplus ad

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Really? How do you manage putting the slide release through the barrel link? That's the most annoying part for me lol. Sometimes it moves back and you can't slip the slide release through it because it's not aligned with the slide release hole.

Piece of cake - it's got a LOT to do with practice, but a dab of grease on the link to help it "stick", roll gun on side, slide in barrel an' drop in release. Try it with eyes opened, paying attention to just how you hold things - and you'll actually learn that it's pretty dang easy!

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    Piece of cake - it's got a LOT to do with practice, but a dab of grease on the link to help it "stick", roll gun on side, slide in barrel an' drop in release. Try it with eyes opened, paying attention to just how you hold things - and you'll actually learn that it's pretty dang easy!

It's the angle of the dangle.

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    Ask ChunkyMonkey OR FuelFather how long it takes me ta put a 1911 back together....blindfolded. They had to be able to do the same in order ta shoot my guns - and they shot 'em regularly!

Knowledge of a weapon system is absolutely critical - and if you can't field strip and reassemble quickly, then you're screwed, no matter WHAT make it is. I just figure if I'm gonna shoot somethin', it's gonna be with a *good* gun.
    th_thefinger_red.gif

Yes, please, someone ask me......

I've never seen him do it blindfolded, yet alone do it at all....lmao....okay, I'm runnin'

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    I used my wifes sonic care tooth brush to clean a gun one time, she was pissed the next day when she brushed her teeth because it tasted like hoppes 9.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Toss the parts on an old cookie sheet in an oven preheated ta 200 degrees - leave in for 30 minutes then remove and allow to cool to the touch. No worries about water inside a small crevice then!

Sheesh.....kids!

Works, too. But having the water at 200, it dries really quickly anyway. Never had a problem getting mine dry.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Yeah, that was my first reply. Freaked at the word "oven." Then I remembered the boiling point of water...

umhmmmm....right....<G>

Actually, baking is better only because you're bringing the base material up to a temperature that it'll evaporate the water with enough residual heat to ensure it's totally dry. Using hot water on cold metal CAN mean water leave behind in crevices/etc.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    umhmmmm....right....<G>

Actually, baking is better only because you're bringing the base material up to a temperature that it'll evaporate the water with enough residual heat to ensure it's totally dry. Using hot water on cold metal CAN mean water leave behind in crevices/etc.

But like I said before, I run my cleaner for half an hour. I have to be careful handling the parts I take out because they're hot!

Top Bottom