• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I can't find a capacity for the small one HF's website. Or even the internal dimensions. Just to give us an idea, can you drop a fully assembled full size pistol into the small one?

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    No you can do small parts, IE barrel, guide rod, springs etc, the larger looks like it will drop right in. The small one has 1 liter cap so sez the box.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I wouldn't be interested in the small one, especially with the 3 min. shut off and no heat. Thanks

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Are y'all precleaning 'chunks' from parts or just drop n go in the washing machine?

Any chance someone has before and after pics?

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    I have the 2.5 liter and it doesn't have a 3 minute max. It recommends doingno more than three minutes at a time though. There wasn't a need for me to do more than two 3 minute cycles. Also, has a heating feature thats gets them pretty warm. Does a great job, especially on the BCGs of my AR15s

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    The Harbor Freight machine doesn't seem very good. The cleaners I'm used to, you can see ripples in the surface of the water when it runs.

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    Same Guy with some brass, not very positive results............

So is it the HF machine, the solution used, time, or what?

The video I posted was my actual machine, the brass video is a related vid from another. With my HF machine, I see small ripples on the surface, but it does do a helluva job. All the work is being done in the bottom of the tank anyways.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    An idiot without a clue shouldn't be shown as an example of product effectiveness. Use water with Alconox - then tell me what the results are. THAT is formulated to be used in ultrasonic cleaners - not simple green, etc.

J. Fred

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 10, 2011
    Devil's Backbone,RR32
    I've been using the Hornady solution I bought with their ultrasonic cleaner.Looks to be doing alright with an all purpose cleaner.

I received some info this morning from Lyman about their solutions.They have two different solutions.one for steel and another for cases.Wonder if this is just marketing or a more specific product would do that much of a better job or not ?

From Lyman.....
    "Select the proper solution for your applicationCleaning with ultrasonics requires the correct solution for the correct cleaning application. Lyman has partnered with a renowned chemical research team to develop the right solutions for use with today's new Ultrasonic Cleaners. Our Turbo Sonic case cleaning solution was formulated to deliver premium results in cleaning cases inside and out. Our gun parts solution is the perfect choice for steel and stainless steel parts such as barrels, cylinders or other parts."

If I run across some Alconox I'd like to give it a try too.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Alconox has been used for decades in hospitals for cleaning things of ALL types. One of the best all-around cleaners there are. Google 'em or check on eBay - that's where I bought mine. The quart-sized container (like a milk carton shape) I purchased will likely last me about 3-5 years...<G>

Top Bottom