• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    After reading GA criminal trespass laws, I did not find anywhere where he would have violated a trespassing law. Please enlighten me.

He entered property of another with criminal intent.

Doesn't matter, police report said he was caught on video in a break in. So that ups it from Criminal Trespass to Burglary.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Then his actions are even more bizarre.

He is on video trespassing in a house, so the "doing nothing wrong" narrative is off the table.

JonPayne doc gives a good view of how the DA saw it.
    I have known many people who have walked into a house being framed in. Done it myself at time or two. No occupants there obviously. Nothing to steal at that point. Don't know why anyone would be so offended.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio

Doesn't matter, police report said he was caught on video in a break in. So that ups it from Criminal Trespass to Burglary.
    We don't know Arbery's intent.

The police report does not say he was caught on video in a break in. It says McMichaels said Arbery was caught on video.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Classic case of 3 contestants playing stupid games, and winning stupid prizes.

Yes, but only one prize has been handed out so far. At the end of all this, I'm guessing all 3 would act differently if they could do it again knowing what they know now.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Dead men tell no tales. What happens from this point forward is dependent on whatever entity decides whether to charge/indict or not.

If it goes to trial, all the defense has to do is create a reasonable doubt.

My guess is that whatever actually occurred has zero to do with what has been related, other than the responding officer’s report.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I have known many people who have walked into a house being framed in. Done it myself at time or two. No occupants there obviously. Nothing to steal at that point.

More stuff was stolen at my house while was under construction than at any other time. So bad we installed cameras, JUST LIKE THEY DID.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    The police report does not say he was caught on video in a break in. It says McMichaels said Arbery was caught on video.

Correct. Thus they were in pursuit of a felony they witnessed and could make a CA arrest. It was how the DA justified their actions.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Fair enough.

We have similar issues in Texas. You can make a CA arrest. You can OC a shotgun. On the other hand, someone pursues you, with a shotgun, it is reasonable it is not to give it to you for free. When these two folks meet each other, in front of a truck out of view, well who knows what really happened.

And this is why, bravado aside, consensus is let a police handle property issues.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    The video clearly shows the two men 50 yards ahead of him in truck and he ran for 15 seconds in their direction. So yeah, he ran towards danger for quite some time. Perhaps he did not realize it was danger till it was too late, but it is indisputable he ran towards them for some time.
    He was jogging. Since when is that an attack or illegal? If he was attacking, why not the man in the back? And the driver door was opening. Why run AROUND the passenger side of the truck to attack? Please.
    Your attack theory doesn't hold water.
    After reading GA criminal trespass laws, I did not find anywhere where he would have violated a trespassing law. Please enlighten me.

At the time they stopped him, they had no direct evidence that he had even actually committed a crime. They did not see him actually do anything illegal. Let alone anything that would justify deadly force. They did not have the videos we do. The person that called them had not seen the video inside the house. The one from across the street, I can't identify him from those. A discription of clothes, yes, identification, no.
    When they decided to use deadly force, instead of following and reporting where a possible felon had gone, they became the attackers. When he went around the truck instead of attacking the driver exiting the truck, he was trying to escape possible stalkers. Not attacking. They chased him down. He didn't chase the truck and force them to stop.
    Say what you want to justify "bad guy got what he deserved". And maybe he was one. Bottom line, father and son were stupid. It could have easily been avoided and the man in jail if he really deserved with them at home patting each other on the back for being good citizens.
    Instead, one is dead and they may well spend the rest of their lives in jail.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I think it comes down to whether or not the McMichaels were justified to pursue & try to arrest or hold Arbery. If they were not justified then Arbery has every right to fight them, the McMichaels would be the instigating party. If the McMichaels were justified in the pursuit & confrontation then they won't be guilty of the death.
    What I have read (and can't immediately document) is that they'd witnessed him engaging in suspicious behavior, and were on the phone with police who asked them to keep him in sight while they sent a unit out. I'm not seeing many people say anything like that, and I figure it would be all over at least some news, so it might just be made up.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    He was jogging. Since when is that an attack or illegal? If he was attacking, why not the man in the back? And the driver door was opening. Why run AROUND the passenger side of the truck to attack? Please.
    Your attack theory doesn't hold water.At the time they stopped him, they had no direct evidence that he had even actually committed a crime. They did not see him actually do anything illegal. Let alone anything that would justify deadly force. They did not have the videos we do. The person that called them had not seen the video inside the house. The one from across the street, I can't identify him from those. A discription of clothes, yes, identification, no.
    When they decided to use deadly force, instead of following and reporting where a possible felon had gone, they became the attackers. When he went around the truck instead of attacking the driver exiting the truck, he was trying to escape possible stalkers. Not attacking. They chased him down. He didn't chase the truck and force them to stop.

There are no eyewitnesses saying he jogging. There is no video showing him jogging. That is MSM narrative. Perhaps GBI investigation will uncover some video, or some witnesses who say they saw him regularly jog in that neighborhood. But that is not established fact yet.

They saw him commit a felony, they were in pursuit as authorized by GA law. This is all in the police report or the DA explanation. Now you can call BS on some of their claims, but that is the established fact pattern and explains how we got to where we are.

There is still so much unexplained how far from his house, has he ever jogged there, anyone ever see him jog there, what were his convictions & mental record for, where is video of getting caught in burglary, on and on.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    What I have read (and can't immediately document) is that they'd witnessed him engaging in suspicious behavior, and were on the phone with police who asked them to keep him in sight while they sent a unit out. I'm not seeing many people say anything like that, and I figure it would be all over at least some news, so it might just be made up.
    What I read is that someone called them and they drove around and found him. There is a big difference between keep and eye on him and forcibly stop him at gun point. Suspicious behavior does not justify deadly force.
    I was reported to and stopped by the police for suspicious behavior because I drove through a neighborhood where my truck was not recognized. I was driving slowere than most people that live there. I was noticed because I actually obeyed the speed limit.
    Do I deserve to die for that?

I was pointing out to my kids where I had once lived. I am glad I moved.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    So,,,,that justifies what the father and son did?
    Got it.

Nowhere have I even suggested anything is justified. I still cannot even figure out WTF happened.

But yeah you "Got it". Nice jump to conclusion, like you have been doing with everything so far in this thread.

Top Bottom