• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    I wonder if this changes anyone’s opinion on open carry? I heard both suspects in this incident where carrying with an empty chamber too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope, it should be legal, especially for us that exercise frequently. Constitution Carry, too, so I can leave the wallet at home and just carry the lightweight.
    Gun Zone Deals

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    Nope, it should be legal, especially for us that exercise frequently. Constitution Carry, too, so I can leave the wallet at home and just carry the lightweight.

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• giphy.gif
      giphy.gif
      5.6 MB · Views: 359

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    1 reported breakin, does not mean there were not multiple breakins or trespass or whatever that went unreported.

You are the first to claim the truck was attacked.

How do you know the father did not reach for his revolver? How do you know he had a revolver and not a pistol? Perhaps the dad was trying to de-escalate his son when shooting happened. It seemed the shooting was over before the father could get out of the bed of the truck. We really cannot see or hear everything that happened in front of that truck.

LOL. Everything I have said is facts in evidence.

"you see".

I have not made a rush to judgement like you and many others, I am still trying to put the puzzle together.

2nd paragraph.
    YOU are the one that said he was attacking. Your stupid and bias is showing again.
    You may have trespassers, I sympathize. Really, I do. Stolen from too. It sucks.
    But that does not mean what and how they acted that day is right. Any of them.
    I am not defending Arbery. I hate theives as much as anyone. But if they had just followed him, and not confronted him with guns, he may well be in jail and them home patting each other on the back. Instead, they are in jail and he is dead. Really simple.
    A totality of actions caused a death. Period. A court will decide if it was a justified death or not.
    But from what I have seen and my meager understanding of the law, they are going to suffer greatly no matter which way it goes in court.
    I too have been stolen from. But it doesn't mean the actions of the McMichaels was justified given that the father knew who he was. Truth be told, i'm betting that right about now, they are wishing they had acted differently as well. No matter how the court plays out, they lose. Don't believe me, look at Zimmerman's life after court.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    More stuff was stolen at my house while was under construction than at any other time. So bad we installed cameras, JUST LIKE THEY DID.
    Oh goodness - you are so right. I looked at the video again. He has a commode stuffed under his shirt and a couple of trusses can be seen tucked in the back of his jogging shorts as he is on his run by the truck.

Dressed like he was, perhaps you can tell us what he might possibly have stolen? Put a couple of 12 p nails in his mouth?

Sheeeesh.:rolleyes:

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    There are no eyewitnesses saying he jogging. There is no video showing him jogging. That is MSM narrative. Perhaps GBI investigation will uncover some video, or some witnesses who say they saw him regularly jog in that neighborhood. But that is not established fact yet.

They saw him commit a felony, they were in pursuit as authorized by GA law. This is all in the police report or the DA explanation. Now you can call BS on some of their claims, but that is the established fact pattern and explains how we got to where we are.

There is still so much unexplained how far from his house, has he ever jogged there, anyone ever see him jog there, what were his convictions & mental record for, where is video of getting caught in burglary, on and on.
    Obviously we aren't watching the same video.

If he was on the lam, why on earth would he run toward the pickup?? Would he not run the other way? Cut across yards so he could not be followed or observed.

Talk about assuming the worst.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Nowhere have I even suggested anything is justified. I still cannot even figure out WTF happened.

But yeah you "Got it". Nice jump to conclusion, like you have been doing with everything so far in this thread.
    Pot. Kettle. Black.

From someone who has already determined (telepathically, apparently) the dead man's "intent".

Too funny.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    YOU are the one that said he was attacking.

In no post did I say anyone attacked the truck. That is fucking retarded.

But it doesn't mean the actions of the McMichaels was justified

Again for the umpteenth time I never said their actions were justified. But since you brought it up, lets look at them.

Father said (keep in mind this is AFTER he knew his son had killed someone) he ID'd Arber from a breakin video he saw. Said there were several breakins. OK. Where is this video? Whose house was it? When did it happen? What was stolen? Who else was broken into beyond the one case reported? Yeah that story is likely to fall apart under even a Barney Fife level investigation.

Now the DA said no charges as they were in "hot pursuit with solid first hand probably cause" of a felony they had witnessed? OK. What felony did they witness? The one they saw on video days or weeks earlier. ROFL. That is absurb to call that "hot pursuit with solid first hand probably cause". Noway that survives barney Fife investigation.

Now given all these errors, they were not done fucking up. The son getting out of the truck and confronting Arbery in front of the Truck, WTF was he thinking. I imagine the dad, in the bed, is thinking this is about to go bad and there is nothing I can do. And it did. His idiot son got into an altercation and someone was shot. And shot again, and shot a third time and died right there in full view of the world. As others said, the video bad optics I am shocked it exists.

Now keep in mind he may have given additional statements and clarified what he gave on scene officer. But this is what we have, and unless he document a video with Arbery on it committing burglary, he and son are seriously fucked. Even with the video, they are probably fucked.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Oh goodness - you are so right. I looked at the video again. He has a commode stuffed under his shirt and a couple of trusses can be seen tucked in the back of his jogging shorts as he is on his run by the truck.

Dressed like he was, perhaps you can tell us what he might possibly have stolen? Put a couple of 12 p nails in his mouth?

Sheeeesh.:rolleyes:

I never said he stole anything from the house. Nice make believe story though. 2 pts.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    If he was on the lam, why on earth would he run toward the pickup?? Would he not run the other way? Cut across yards so he could not be followed or observed.

Yeah pretty much what I have been asking for several pages. His actions make no sense. But it is what it is and he is not a round to explain them.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    From someone who has already determined (telepathically, apparently) the dead man's "intent".

Huh? I have posted on several pages Arbery actions/intent is unknown, and makes no sense. But somehow your read of all these posts and you think I already determined his intent? I/us will NEVER know his thought process here.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Huh? I have posted on several pages Arbery actions/intent is unknown, and makes no sense. But somehow your read of all these posts and you think I already determined his intent? I/us will NEVER know his thought process here.
    Your own words:
    "He entered property of another with criminal intent."

Care to correct your last post?

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Go back and re-read your own posts. If you did not say it outright you alluded to it.
    You posted about "if he wasn't attacking, why did he run towards the truck?".
    You are digging a deeper hole.
    Done with you.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I do not think we have enough information to reach a conclusion at this time.

I am not ready to say the man deserved to be shot.

I will say, regardless of all else, the two attempting the citizen's arrest showed poor judgement (not the same as saying the broke the law themselves). Again, even if the guy stole something from the house under construction, if it was small enough to not hide under a tshirt and running shorts it could not have been valuable enough to justify chasing him down and trying to make a citizen's arrest. And neither report mention finding anything stolen.

Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Go back and re-read your own posts. If you did not say it outright you alluded to it.
    You posted about "if he wasn't attacking, why did he run towards the truck?".

In no post did I state this.

The DA said he "it appears Arbery strike McMichael and appears to grabb shotgun". Not me. You are confusing my referencing what he said with what I say.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Your own words:
    "He entered property of another with criminal intent."

Care to correct your last post?

Yes that is what the DA said. I was repeating that.

eta

That is what bumped it up from a CT to burglary which apparently is a felony, and allows a CA, which is how the whole thing got put in motion and why the original DA did not make an arrest.

Last edited:

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    This is how I see it.

Not sure why Arbery went out of his way to attack a man pointing a shotgun at him. He chose poorly.
    I guess we watched different videos. Of the 360 degrees he could have run, he chose the one where the guy was pointing a shotgun at him, and then chose to attack him by grabbing BBL. I would have chosen the opposite direction.

Classic case of 3 contestants playing stupid games, and winning stupid prizes.
    Huh, he must have been 50 yards or so behind the stopped truck, and continued to run towards it. Seriously we are not watching the same video. Twitter video shows it took Arbery 15 seconds to catch up to the stopped truck.

After he caught up to truck, Twitter video at 17/18/19 seconds show he took a wide berth then suddenly cut left towards front of truck, where they met and shot was fired and struggle ensued. So yes, he certainly went AT the man with the gun.
    What would you call it?
    Even if the gun is pulled from over 50 yards away? You are still going to run towards him for 15+ seconds and try and take it away?

I do not understand Arbery strategy. Perhaps he did not see gun till he was on passenger side of vehicle. Even then he still ran towards danger for no apparent reason.
    Then you back tracked.
    Then you denied.
    Nice move.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    What would you call it?

I would call it facts visible on the video and corroborated by DA statements.

Are you saying Arbery did run towards the truck? Are you saying Arbery did not turn left towards front of truck? Are you saying Arbery did not grab the shotgun by the barrel and was NOT shot in hand? Because that is what the DA says happened, and that is what most folks see, and what just about everyone else sees (except perhaps grabbing the BBL), so do tell, what is factually incorrect here?
    FrontofTruck1.jpg

Attachments

• FrontofTruck1.jpg
      FrontofTruck1.jpg
      84.2 KB · Views: 370
    Last edited:

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Yes that is what the DA said. I was repeating that.

eta

That is what bumped it up from a CT to burglary which apparently is a felony, and allows a CA, which is how the whole thing got put in motion and why the original DA did not make an arrest.
    Mea culpa. I did not see that you were quoting the DA.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I would call it facts visible on the video and corroborated by DA statements.

Are you saying Arbery did not turn left towards front of truck and grab the shotgun? That he did not grab barrel and was NOT shot in hand? Because that is what the DA says happened. View attachment 213041
    But why did he grab the shotgun?

Was he thinking he was about to be murdered, so he might as well fight?

Or was he thinking he was gonna take the shotgun and blow that guy's head off?

We just don't know. And don't have enough info to make a valid judgement at this time. May never have enough.

Top Bottom