DK Firearms

Are black people better off 50 years after the Civil Rights Act?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    I've been black for quite a while and the only thing I've seen hold black people back is other black people. We are our own worst enemy. The civil rights movement, the war on drugs and the ensuing crack epidemic didn't make things any better. Pre-cival rights it was sink or swim and and we had to depend on ourselves to make it. Not the government. The war on drugs disproportionately affected the black community and put a lot of black men in jail. No men = single mothers = delinquent children = more black men in jail. The cycle started there and it's hard to break out of it.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
    ARJ Defense ad

Last edited:

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    mannings main point in the video was that the government has provided a means for keeping black people down. Welfare, food stamps and the like.
    He said government handouts were a big reason 70% of black kids grow up without a daddy in the house. Because goverment has became the daddy
    and he said as a race, socially,, they are worse off today looking at what the family structure has become for blacks

I think he is correct about that.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    I've been black for quite a while and the only thing I've seen hold black people back is other black people. We are our own worst enemy. The civil rights movement, the war on drugs and the ensuing crack epidemic didn't make things any better. Pre-cival rights it was sink or swim and and we had to depend on ourselves to make it. Not the government. The war on drugs disproportionately affected the black community and put a lot of black men in jail. No men = single mothers = delinquent children = more black men in jail. The cycle started there and it's hard to break out of it.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
    no truer words spoken.
    I am blessed to have had all 4 grandparents. Mom and dad.
    Where i am today is because of the choices i made early on.
    College didnt intrest me. I was a cook for almost 35 yesrs. A service man for four.
    Now i drive a truck. Everyone say that all these kids need to go to higher ed.
    But not true. Because when they try and fail. Most not all give up.
    And then the rev jj. And al snitchton says the white man is keepin us down.

I call bs the only thing keeping us down is us. Most black kids dont know
    That most (not all) rappers have degrees . But they want quick money, fame,
    Ho"s. Till they do someting stupid. Then its prison. Life as they know it is ruined.
    And most black kids think prison is a badge of honor.

imho civil rights kind of leveled the playing feild.
    But as we went along we as a people(black people lost our pride,
    And dignity)

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Anytime politicians think they are smarter than the people they govern, people suffer.

I'm not a victim of oppression that happened before I was born.

The hoopla in the mainstream media this week about LBJ's civil rights bill is full of carp. LBJ could not pass his legislation without Republican support. His own party was against reform.

LBJ was an ingenious evil politician: He exploited the Negro's vulnerability in White society to guarantee an never ending black vote for Democrats.

As my grandma told me many years ago, "That white man is selling us down the river."

Last edited:

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Opportunity to succeed is there for anyone who can get past the belief that government has to hold their hand and give them everything. They opportunity to succeed is what is different now and wasn't available 50 years ago.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I don't have time to watch this vid yet but this is the same guy who did an excellent movie called Runaway Slave. You can watch it on Netflix; I learned some very interesting things from it.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I don't have time to watch this vid yet but this is the same guy who did an excellent movie called Runaway Slave. You can watch it on Netflix; I learned some very interesting things from it.

they guy is pretty informed. He has been against Obama (the long legged mac daddy) since the beginning.
    He really lays into black people for supporting him simply because he is black.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I grew up in the '60's. There's no doubt that the changes in the laws have helped blacks considerably. It's a shame that blacks as a whole have not embraced the change and moved forward. Many certainly have, but you see the people waiting on their "reparations" and for Obama to take care of them. You see the NAACP working to keep digging up "racism" and going to any length to generate it so they can justify their existence (and paychecks). Imagine what have been different if they had decided to work to help blacks economically - starting small businesses, doing business training, etc.

Because a huge majority of blacks vote Democrat, they have no political power. No matter what the Republicans do, blacks don't turn out for them. No matter how badly the Dems screw them, they always turn out. Hispanics have way more political power, as they vote about 50/50 and both parties have to kiss up to them.

TwinGlocks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Houston
    For those that haven't watched the video. Manning argues that Blacks are not better off for the following reasons:

1) Black on Black crime and higher incarceration rates.
    2) No Fathers in the home
    3) Lack of home ownership (Claims that Blacks owned homes at a higher rate in 1964)
    4) Lack of Black owned businesses (Claims that Blacks owned business at a higher rate in 1964)
    5) Apathy towards education in Black youth.

He's not citing Whitey as the reason Black people are not better off. Now is he right or wrong? I don't know. I'm not in a position to agree to disagree with him.

djr46

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Carbon
    Obama has taken on the task of Destroying race relations as he works his agenda to drag US to Marxism......
    He has personally set race relations BACK at least 75 years.
    His Marxist agenda requires a big division among the people and he's still working that angle...
    DJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Obama has taken on the task of Destroying race relations as he works his agenda to drag US to Marxism......
    His Marxist agenda requires a big division among the people and he's still working that angle...
    DJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    agreed. It doesn't help the country that msnbc and supporters suspect non-o supporters racist biggot hillbillys. So according to msnbc you are a progressive hybrid/all electric car driving vegan, black, Hispanic, or racist hillbilly. I refuse to agree with their teachings, programming choices or their logic.
    Everyone is better off than 50 years ago.

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    DJ

50 - 75 = -25
    So, No.

What Salty said. The liberal media is working on a hate campaign that will slander every good working folk in this country until their "progressive" society becomes a reality, like Detroit.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I read on CNN today. "Opinion: Racism not just in the GOP" or something like that. The way it was written was basically saying "of course the GOP is racist, the GOP is racist. Dont vote for them. But hey here is something else about racism"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Iamntxhunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2014
    Thr real question is are Americans better off. The dividing/classificstion of Americans is a tried and true progressive tactic.

As a whole all Americans are better off from 50 years ago, so maybe we really need to think about what the next 50 years will be like. I hope those that will still be alive ( I wont be ) can answer that question with a yes.

Personally I have my doubts.

panther308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Austin
    +1.
    We are raising lazy ppl these days. Opportunities exist but no effort to seize the moment, reach out and grab it.
    Sitting on the couch watching Pierce Morgan much easier.

Top Bottom