• SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I will bring a 6 foot table. We could probably use about 2 more of these (1 to shoot from at the further distances for those who wish and a couple to put our gear on, so it's not on the ground.

Also, any of those 10x10 popup canopy things would be great.

I'll bring at least one 5-6' table, and might be able to bring a second. I also have ~9'x9' popup canopy, so I can bring that too. I have 2-3 canvas foldup chairs I can bring as well.

As far as safety goes, one of the main things I want to have happen at this event is storage of all firearms up on the firing line, and pointed down range. I've seen with past events, storing guns behind the line and behind shooters, even if it's in a rack upright, makes it considerably more likely for safety issues to happen. I'd prefer to completely eliminate that problem, and we'll walk through handling, clearing, safety procedures there on the range as well, so there's no guessing involved.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Here's the updated count:

Me
    TheDan +2
    Ricklovesbacon +3
    Pilgrim +1
    Breakingcontact
    Mikeinhistory
    Mic (maybe)
    OnyxATX
    Big Dipper
    Anger +1

So that's 17 total, unless anyone is on the fence. It looks like we're going to be aiming for an 8:00am start time, run until roughly 12:00pm, then call it quits and go have lunch, for anyone that would like to. Anyone have any ideas for lunch? There's not a whole lot in Liberty Hill it seems.

I'm still waiting to hear back from the range owner, but they're open tomorrow so worst case I'll give him a call to confirm.

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    I have three folding chairs and a small 3x4 foot table. I'll also bring along a large cooler full of drinks. Looking forward to seeing y'all there.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Only a 20% chance of rain so far. It'll likely be 40° in the morning; which wouldn't be so bad by itself, but they are predicting 18mph wind, too. :p I'll definitely be bringing gloves. Maybe even a scarf.

Does it get pretty muddy when it rains out there? Some ranges have enough gravel to prevent too much mud, but I haven't been out there before.

vahtryn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2013
    Since I'm still very new to the area. How do ranges around here handle someone with a valid class 2 and carries the paper work with them?

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Since I'm still very new to the area. How do ranges around here handle someone with a valid class 2 and carries the paper work with them?

You're good to go with title II stuff. They stopped allowing anything over 5.56 in the tactical bays though, likely because someone probably destroyed some steel targets shooting 30cal AP stuff or something, but that's just a guess.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    We're on the schedule guys. The event is a go! We'll be leaving for lunch afterwards at the Dahlia Cafe in Liberty Hill. See you all there!

Date: November 23rd

Range: Best of the West
    Range Fee: $25 per person
    Start: 8:00am
    Finish: 12:00pm

Lunch: Dahlia Cafe

When you get to the range, drive through the cattleguard and down the gravel road to the range office, which is the first building you'll reach. Just make sure to let the guy at the front desk know you're there for Dillo Dynamics, and they'll point you in the right direction of the bay we'll be on.

vahtryn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2013
    Certainly won't make it this weekend. New tires and then I gotta pull the front wheels off and replace pitman arms after that. It's a fun weekend of doing more chores. One of these days I'll be able to go out and do something for myself. Probably won't be until NYE which is my birth day.

OnyxATX

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I'll bring my Glock 17 and holster, and my Glock 26 with inside the wasteband holster if anyone wants to run them.

I should (according to UPS) get my new custom made holster for my Kimber tomorrow in. If that happens, I'll probably be running 1911s mainly since I'm not nearly as good with a 1911 than I am with Glocks.

If anyone wants to use the 17 or 26, feel free. I know a couple people have been curious about the 26. All I ask is bring your own ammo, as I'm lower on target 9x19 rounds than I want to be at the moment.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Guys, I hate to say it but, we're going to have to cancel the event. The range is too wet, and with it being an 80% chance of more rain over the weekend, it's not going to get any better. BOTW turns into a mud pit when it's like that. So lets figure out another date that will work, and reschedule.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Guys, I hate to say it but, we're going to have to cancel the event. The range is too wet, and with it being an 80% chance of more rain over the weekend, it's not going to get any better. BOTW turns into a mud pit when it's like that. So lets figure out another date that will work, and reschedule.

Called them this morning. They got hammered by rain last night. Would be a big muddy mess. Unfortunately i have to concur that we need to reschedule. Im not against training in the rain but we dont need to train on a slip n slide. Will have to train indoors with my Nerf guns instead.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Thaskinny1
    Top Bottom