• Occasionally

Votes: 41 41.0%

• Total voters

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    If you can carry comfortably why not? I usually only carry one but often I have my Sig IWB and my 22mag Derringer in my pocket.

RTA48

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2014
    yeah I carry a back up, my primary is my brain!!!!!!!!!!!!! this aint Dodge City LOL

Gunns0902

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Cradle of Liberty, TX
    Valid point, unless you somehow become separated from your pistol or it is badly jammed or rendered inoperable. I'm sure both scenarios are unlikely, but they are plausible and I'd rather be safe than sorry. Both my primary and backup pistols are chambered in .40 (unless I'm carrying one of my 45's on my hip) so there's no trade off in stopping power between one or the other.

Sometimes, not always it is faster to draw a second pistol than to reload. If you have never been shot at before, and you don't practice often enough to make reloading muscle memory, you may panic when the gun goes dry, or if the position you find yourself in makes it tough to get to your magazine, or if one of your hands is injured.. That would be my largest concern, hand injury in a fight, followed by a need to use and reload my .45.

Also, I could arm the guy next to me.

Hamilly

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2013
    Backup guns would only be necessary in the case of a zombie apocalypse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Wow! Where do you guys live and hang out that you think you need two guns to be safe? If two is good, why not three? I live in the sticks and have guns around the house and garage as well as one on me most of the time (not necessarily while I'm at the house). Let me ask an honest question, at what point would those of you who feel it necessary to carry multiple firearms, think maybe it's time to move?

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    There are folks with the attitude and opinion you shouldn't carry a gun at all...

If folks want to carry 20 guns, who am I to say otherwise or chastise them for doing so?

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Sorry Charlie, wasn't implying that you were.....
    beerchug_copy5.gif

If someone carries two or more guns, for what ever reasons they have, it's okay with me. I don't need to know why... I carry two because I want to.

There are those who think we shouldn't carry at all for the same reasons some think we shouldn't carry two or more.

That's all, just trying not to fall into the trap of some gun owners say you shouldn't carry to or more guns to feel safe....it's not about my feeling safe. I shouldn't have to justify why and how I exercise my rights, nor should anyone else...

jmho....

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Wow! Where do you guys live and hang out that you think you need two guns to be safe? If two is good, why not three? I live in the sticks and have guns around the house and garage as well as one on me most of the time (not necessarily while I'm at the house). Let me ask an honest question, at what point would those of you who feel it necessary to carry multiple firearms, think maybe it's time to move?

Remember all those TM supporters who shut down the interstate? Those things happen and not always with warning.

Some carry back up guns of different types in their vehicles, but how do you know you will be near it?

Most defensive gun fights are over after a few seconds, but there is the chance you will find yourself in front of a pissed off mob of good stamp collectors with a vendetta looking for a target. Not a place you want to be, and a lot worse when your sig/1911/glock/smith/springer/best gun ever that never jams breaks and you don't have a backup.

It's just one more layer of security, one more option. The odds of a plain crashing are extremely slim. The odds of a parachute not opening are extremely slim. Still, there is a reserve chute just in case.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    We didn't have any TM supporters out where I live. I don't think they'll let me take my parachute (much less a reserve), on a commercial flight. What's up with that!!! Damnit! Has anybody mentioned .............................................(zombies) yet?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    We didn't have any TM supporters out where I live. I don't think they'll let me take my parachute (much less a reserve), on a commercial flight. What's up with that!!! Damnit! Has anybody mentioned .............................................(zombies) yet?

I consider the rioters zombies.....and most others who live on the .gov teet. So I haven't ruled out a zombie apocalypse.

It's not just TM, that was an example. I don't live in an area where any of that is likely either, but I do travel from time to time when I'm forced to.

I carry 3 guns, a 9mm, and my left and right arms if things get really bad. Just hate to try an justify the use if those cannons in court.

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    I consider the rioters zombies.....and most others who live on the .gov teet.

Honestly though, those goons are much more dangerous than zombies because they can use cunning and wit to their advantage. Zombies just stumble around and any able-bodied person could simply fast walk away. Rioters? Not so much.

-TXG-

Top Bottom