• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jgjones21

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    Blue Ridge, Texas
    The kid from Cabela's should be in the cheese line!! Just as someone before me posted. Glad you jumped his case in a controlled manner, don't know if I could've done the same, I don't take kindly to guns being pointed at any part of my body, regardless of what type of gun, there doesn't have to be powder behind the ammo, C02 or spring propelled deserves the same respect.
    Venture Surplus ad

brittani555

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    Austin
    very true... thanks to pointing members here.... its something every level of gun enthusiasts should be reminded of time and again....

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    The '06 is quite damaging when loaded with hunting bullets. Not making light of the above victim, but, my buddy shot a turkey with an '06 and all we saved was a leg. People need to witness tissue damage before questioning gun safety.

I agree completely. I rarely shot paper growing up. We went hunting almost weekly, shooting all sorts of animals with all sorts of guns. Stalking, rattling, blinds, shooting from moving Jeeps, everything. I've killed and cleaned 100s and 100s of animals (I didn't keep count). When shooting while moving and tissue damage are something you see first hand, on a regular basis for years, I think it gives you perspective.

While some calibers are worse than others, I don't ever want to be shot by any sort of gun. Even with a .22 you're going to lose flesh, probably some mobility and may die if you get hit somewhere solid. Also, pointing your gun down range is one thing, but keeping it in a safe direction while moving around and interacting with stuff in your environment is completely different.

I'm not saying I know it all; I don't consider myself an "expert" at all. What I'm saying is that seeing the destructive power of these machines gives you an appreciation for safety. I think good introductory training classes should showcase the destructive effect more, and include some training of safe muzzle direction while moving and interacting (maybe with a dummy gun).

Termitehunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    San Antonio
    Wow. Simply, wow. After the loud, verbally embarrassing toung lashing. I would have had his job in question with both his manager and a letter to corporate. One day he might do something that an apology may not fix.

I have seen multiple customers do stupid, unsafe gun handling when I was working in a gun shop, and would point out the rules to them repeatedly with a sign on the wall. Some people simply don't get it. I have also seen a friend of mine almost lose a foot because he forgot 1 basic rule of safety. "Treat all firearms as if they are loaded."

When I first started introducing firearms to my children, my wife was very nervous about it. But my children's education on the subject is critical. After going over how to handle and treat the firearm, one of the first things I did is take targets out that showed what firearms can do. Water bottles, watermelons Even some canned food that "popped" really nice when they got hit. They learned respect for what kind of damage these tools can do, and now are very mindful of gun safety. And my wife's mental state is much better for it as well.
    I have seen my 10 year old son practice better gun safety than people 3 or 4 times his age at the range. He has even commented on other people's actions as being unsafe and then giving me an example.

Your never to young or ignorant to learn, and never too old or wise to practice gun safety.

Roscoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Magnolia
    Well, you didn't pull him over the counter and bitch slap him - a couple of times. I'd say you were under control of your emotions. Sounds like you
    handled the situation as well as possible.

Good think you're aware of your surroundings!!! "They're everywhere!!!

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    This falls right in line with a good friend of mine... I was headed over to his house to hang out and as I am walking through the front gate, I hear a gun shot. I immediatly run to the door to see what is going on... I walk in and and see him holding his ears with his AR15 on the ground at his feet, a hole in his coke machine, shrapnel holes in the wall behind and The Hurt Locker playing on the TV . I asked him (Yelling) what the F*** happened and his response was "I was racking rounds through my AR and I tensed up when a bomb went off in the movie, my finger was on the trigger and it went off... (Ive caught him doing this on numerous occasions and had to tell him he is going to kill himselft or someone else...) I am just happy no one else was in the house with him... He learned the hard way and got lucky he didn't kill someone, not to mention I think he shit himself.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    "I was racking rounds through my AR and I tensed up when a bomb went off in the movie, my finger was on the trigger and it went off...
    IT didn't go off, he fired it.

not to mention I think he shit himself.
    Serves him right, Bitch - don't load a weapon and watch a scary movie at the same time.

SPCHardin

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    San Antonio
    I thought of this thread yesterday while I was buying my 10/22 at Academy.

I was standing there with another guy, he was comparing the stainless model to the wooden (I was holding the wooden model). I look over, and he is talking to the sales person and the barrel is pointed RIGHT AT MY HEAD. I stop the conversation and ask him to point that damn thing away from people. He looked rather affronted and waddled away without buying. The sales person actually looked mad at me for offending the other customer!

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    I thought of this thread yesterday while I was buying my 10/22 at Academy.

I was standing there with another guy, he was comparing the stainless model to the wooden (I was holding the wooden model). I look over, and he is talking to the sales person and the barrel is pointed RIGHT AT MY HEAD. I stop the conversation and ask him to point that damn thing away from people. He looked rather affronted and waddled away without buying. The sales person actually looked mad at me for offending the other customer!

He left probably because he felt stupid. And as for the sales person, he will get over it.

Stumpy

Landman/Presbyterian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Slaton, TX
    I get so sick of people who don't respect firearms and are unsafe with them. Whenever I correct someone, suddenly I'm a "*****" or an "idiot". I just don't understand why parents won't teach this stuff to their kids.

Over Thanksgiving, a friend of mine took me spot lighting at his place in Big Spring, and he brought his little cousin as well. We saw a pair of eyes, so we killed the truck, kept the light trained on the pair of eyes. Then all of a sudden, my buddy fired his rifle. As we looked for whatever he shot(which happend to be a bobcat, we found the body), I asked him what he shot at, and he replied that he didn't know and he "just saw eyes". I proceeded to chew him out, and explained why that's unsafe, and asked him why he would fire without being sure of the target, and his only response was "You're an idiot. If you are spotlighting, and you see eyes, you shoot." SMH.

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    I get so sick of people who don't respect firearms and are unsafe with them. Whenever I correct someone, suddenly I'm a "*****" or an "idiot". I just don't understand why parents won't teach this stuff to their kids.

Over Thanksgiving, a friend of mine took me spot lighting at his place in Big Spring, and he brought his little cousin as well. We saw a pair of eyes, so we killed the truck, kept the light trained on the pair of eyes. Then all of a sudden, my buddy fired his rifle. As we looked for whatever he shot(which happend to be a bobcat, we found the body), I asked him what he shot at, and he replied that he didn't know and he "just saw eyes". I proceeded to chew him out, and explained why that's unsafe, and asked him why he would fire without being sure of the target, and his only response was "You're an idiot. If you are spotlihting, and you see eyes, you shoot." SMH.

Wow...Pretty amazing statement

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom