• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    I don't think it that strong...here is the deal, you buy one (get a flipee if you can), don't like it, if we cross paths the beer is on me! I need to get up to Ft Hood, talked to the Museum guy about donating my 1911 (as long as they will display it)...
    What is the story on the 1911?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    DK Firearms

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    First up. Shiner Lime and Salt.

Strong citrus flavor that comes on slow, comes to a peak and then falls off with an impression of salt. It doesn't taste salty but It'd probably be good in a salt on the rim beer glass. It's a hot weather beer for sure.

Second, Shiner Strawberry blonde.

If you like strawberry it's for you. It has a strawberry hint at the very first coming on strong and lasting to the end. Flavor all the way through. It leaves strong hints of strawberries on the roof of your mouth. Not my thing but it was good.
    I love the Shiner Lime and Salt but couldn't like the strawberry flavor.

My usual beer is Bud Light but will drink Michalob Ultra Light and Busch Light on occasion.

If I feel like having a Mexican beer it will be Pacifico or a Sol. I'm not a fan of Dos Equis or Corona.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    Have not tried Shiner Bock with lime. Have had Corona with lime, of course.

I do like Shiner Strawberry Blonde a good bit. Have been getting it each summer.

I really like the Shiner 96 which was an anniversary countdown brew. They have been bringing it back as the Marsen Ale if I have the term correctly. Looking for it to come out again.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    Just realizing you are saying the Shiner Lime & Salt is a brew all it's own. I thought you were saying add salt and lime to a Shiner. My mistake. May have to try it.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    A seasonal job of mine in a beer garden more or less ruined my taste for most beers. If I'm eating Mexican food & they sell Bohemia I'll have a couple with the food.

I like an occasional Youngs Double Chocolate Stout. I really like Lambics. A Lindemans Framboise with the Double Chocolate works for me.

If Castle was available I drink them to remind me of hunting in Africa, but a gin & tonic does it just as good.

I see most major American beers as swill.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    A seasonal job of mine in a beer garden more or less ruined my taste for most beers. If I'm eating Mexican food & they sell Bohemia I'll have a couple with the food.

I like an occasional Youngs Double Chocolate Stout. I really like Lambics. A Lindemans Framboise with the Double Chocolate works for me.

If Castle was available I drink them to remind me of hunting in Africa, but a gin & tonic does it just as good.

I see most major American beers as swill.
    I traveled to Chicago almost weekly for years and as one of my software engineering contractors was there. One time they took me over to eat as some place who claimed to have more beers than any place in town. IIRC it was on Canal St. Dunno, but IIRC they served over 450 beers. I am more of a taster than a drinker. My guys were touting this to our waiter and he says I know we have a beer he has never tasted, its from Africa and he rattled off some country...I looked up at him and said you mean the Botswana Alligator? LOL the waiter said OMG I thought we were the first to have it, where did you drink that? Not sure, I fly all over the world and manage to knock out about 300k mi + per year.

Here is a current list of the most popular 26 beers in America: https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/food/2018/05/03/most-popular-us-beer-brands/573703002/

Number 1 is Bud Lite with a 15% market share! The US seems to be fixated on low cal beers as if beer makes you fat...

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I traveled to Chicago almost weekly for years and as one of my software engineering contractors was there. One time they took me over to eat as some place who claimed to have more beers than any place in town. IIRC it was on Canal St. Dunno, but IIRC they served over 450 beers. I am more of a taster than a drinker. My guys were touting this to our waiter and he says I know we have a beer he has never tasted, its from Africa and he rattled off some country...I looked up at him and said you mean the Botswana Alligator? LOL the waiter said OMG I thought we were the first to have it, where did you drink that? Not sure, I fly all over the world and manage to knock out about 300k mi + per year.

Here is a current list of the most popular 26 beers in America: https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/food/2018/05/03/most-popular-us-beer-brands/573703002/

Number 1 is Bud Lite with a 15% market share! The US seems to be fixated on low cal beers as if beer makes you fat...
    Thats a big list of swill!

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Thats a big list of swill!
    It was a HUGE menu with 4 pages, double column of beers they served.

Any of you DFW guys go to the Flying Saucer in Dall or FtW? They had and incredible amount of on tap beers, seems like they touted they had more than any place in DFW??

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Some of the better beers that I have drank were homemade! It made me think it might not be a bad hobby, but I get enough farting & belching without drinking beer!

TheProphet

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2015
    It was a HUGE menu with 4 pages, double column of beers they served.

Any of you DFW guys go to the Flying Saucer in Dall or FtW? They had and incredible amount of on tap beers, seems like they touted they had more than any place in DFW??

Been to Flying Saucer at Sundance Square. Was pretty unimpressed. They had a huge taplist but nothing that really jumped out at me as something I wanted to try. Plus the service blew. I prefer to go to Cityworks in the Clearfork shops, or over to Taps and Caps on Camp Bowie. Great lists, and some very hard to find beers usually at Taps and Caps. Just tried Avery's Fimbulvvinter friday. 16.9% ABV, rum barrel aged Quad. Hands down the best beer I've ever had. Boozy, but sweet, super deep, very caramelly.... So glad I grabbed a bottle last week.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Been to Flying Saucer at Sundance Square. Was pretty unimpressed. They had a huge taplist but nothing that really jumped out at me as something I wanted to try. Plus the service blew. I prefer to go to Cityworks in the Clearfork shops, or over to Taps and Caps on Camp Bowie. Great lists, and some very hard to find beers usually at Taps and Caps. Just tried Avery's Fimbulvvinter friday. 16.9% ABV, rum barrel aged Quad. Hands down the best beer I've ever had. Boozy, but sweet, super deep, very caramelly.... So glad I grabbed a bottle last week.
    Avery makes some good high abv beers. They aren't cheap but are very good. They also have a nice selection at their tap room.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    My favorite Beer is Goose Island Bourbon barrel aged stout. You can only seem to get it around christmas
    Next is Kentucky Bourbon barrel ale, widely available. If you like Vanilla try this Kentucky Vanilla Barrel Cream Ale if had a great vanilla finish.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    You know that's wrong because there's no expiration date.

Why you wanna do that? Beer is beer. We respect the beer. Even if it's $2.50 from 7/11. The addiction is running this.

Lol, I dare you.
    Lagers and lighter ales, like pale ales or ipa's, should be enjoyed when they are as fresh as possible. The flavor degrades with every passing day.

Higher abv beers hold up to cellaring better. Barley wines, imperial porters/ stouts and barrel aged beers. Their flavor profiles will still change over time. Some brewers even recommend cellaring some of their high abv beers so the alcohol flavor mellows. I usually buy 2-3 bottles to see how the beer evolves over time.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    FWIW

Polish "Vagina Beer" Contains "Essence" Of Two Smoking Hot Models

A Polish brewery has produced a unique concoction; beer with vaginal lactic acid from two smoking hot models, Paulina and Monika, whose "essences" are caputured by a gynoecologist and treated by a laboratory in the city of Poznan in order to isolate the specific bacteria required for production, according to CEO Wojciech Mann.

"When you drink this beer, you realize that originally there was a beautiful woman who was maybe taking a shower, dancing or laughing at the very moment. You feel a close connection with this woman,” the owner of the brewery Wojciech Mann told Sputnik.

The brew, made by "The Order of Yoni" (Yoni being the Sanskrit word for vagina) boasts 8% alcohol by volume and comes in two versions; Bottled Lust and Bottled Passion. Lust contains a "subtle nutmeg aroma and is produced using Paulina's vaginal bacteria," while Passion is a "classic light beer made from the essence of Monika's vagina."

Once the beer “containing the quintessence of femininity,” was introduced to the wider public on the brewery’s social media accounts, with a very hot advertising campaign involving Paulina and Monique, users from across the world were drawn to the Facebook page. -Sputnik

If you're wondering about STD's, fear not - "While a female netizen wondered whether the models had been tested for sexually transmitted diseases before contributing to the production of the beer, “The Order of Yoni” quickly replied that they had undergone gynecological examinations, and then the material was double-checked in the Poznan lab to make sure that the lactic acid bacteria were isolated from the smear."

From the website:

Imagine woman of your dreams, your object of desire. Her charm, her sensuality, her passion… Try how she tastes, feel her smell, hear her voice… Now imagine her giving you a passionate massage and gently whispering anything you'd like to hear. Now free your fantasies and imagine all of that can be closed in a bottle of beer. A golden drink brewed with her lure and grace and flavored with wild instincts. Imagine a beer which every sip offers a rendez-vous with this hot woman of your dreams… she hugs you and kisses you gently, looking straight into your eyes… How much would you give for such a beer?

We, the Order of Yoni, have prepared technology making creation of such unique beer possible. The beer containing quintessence of femininity. The technology enabling materializing her loveliness, gracefulness and character, giving you the possibility of conversion of a tasty beer into a date with real goddess.

The secret of the beer lies in her vagina. Using hi-tech of microbiology, we isolate, examine and prepare lactic acid bacteria from vagina of a unique woman. The bacteria, lactobacillus, transfer woman’s features, allure, grace, glamour, and her instincts into beers and other products, turning them into dance with lovely goddess.

The company hasn't said what it plans to do if the beer is picked up by a major distributor. Suffice to say Monika and Paulina's vaginas would be in for quite the workout.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Thanks for the update, been years since I lived there (Colleyville), I moved in '02 to Scottsdalel Az (mistake). Used to ride my Harley down to Sundance on Sat night and chase babes.

Found the Avery's Fimbulvvinter at Spec's here in SA, $15.78 for 12 oz btl...WOW, but will grab one on your rec and give it a shot.

Top Bottom