• ...and so much more!
  • MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Well it was good seeing my Mom who was 94, she was in good spirits. Since my visit in June she went downhill, Oct 19th she went to Heaven, in her sleep.
    So sorry my friend. A peaceful passing is still hard. What a blessing for her and for you that you got to see her not long ago. Prayers up for you and her family. ((hugs))

TXAZ

:)
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    South of the Red, North of the Gulf
    Very bad experience many years ago. Never again.

Took a cross country train trip 10 years ago.
    cramped sleeping quarters, but glad we did it.
    Brochure said you could get off at some senic places, 20 stops across the country, about 3 - 5 minutes each. The most scenic spot wasCour de’Alene lake in Idaho at 4am. Really scenic lighted small station.
    Glad we did it once. Don‘t need to do it again.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Took a cross country train trip 10 years ago.
    cramped sleeping quarters, but glad we did it.
    Brochure said you could get off at some senic places, 20 stops across the country, about 3 - 5 minutes each. The most scenic spot wasCour de’Alene lake in Idaho at 4am. Really scenic lighted small station.
    Glad we did it once. Don‘t need to do it again.
    I didn't like it at the time, both overnight trains were full, so I couldn't fully relax. I swore once was enough but I'd try it again.

Cool 'Horn Luke

Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2022
    Corsicana, TX
    Well it was good seeing my Mom who was 94, she was in good spirits. Since my visit in June she went downhill, Oct 19th she went to Heaven, in her sleep.
    My deepest condolences. I'm glad for you that you got to see each other before she passed. My uncle (dad's brother) went while I was on the flight to him (30 years and it still hurts), got to be with my dad before he went and I'll cherish that until I leave this mess. Prayers for you and your family.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    My deepest condolences. I'm glad for you that you got to see each other before she passed. My uncle (dad's brother) went while I was on the flight to him (30 years and it still hurts), got to be with my dad before he went and I'll cherish that until I leave this mess. Prayers for you and your family.

I had just been at my mom's bedside two days before when she passed. I was going to go back down that coming weekend to see her again.

Well, I still wound up driving down the next weekend, to start helping with funeral arrangements.

Cool 'Horn Luke

Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2022
    Corsicana, TX
    I had just been at my mom's bedside two days before when she passed. I was going to go back down that coming weekend to see her again.

Well, I still wound up driving down the next weekend, to start helping with funeral arrangements.
    It's tough no matter how it plays out. But, for us, it helps to have been able to tell them goodbye and that we love them. I find comfort in knowing they're no longer in pain. How long has your mom been gone?

Top Bottom