• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    Society also plays a roll, when you are called a racist because of the color of your skin, a chauvinist when you try to show respect, a killer when you try to exhibit your rights, privileged if your ancestors weren't slaves and so on.
    Yessir, and thats what folks have allowed society to digress to.

This entire situation will NOT improve until society as a whole gets back to calling a "bad guy" a "bad guy"....

....and we seem to be quite a ways from that point in todays world. (for Gods sake, we actually have people DEFENDING MS13 from the President calling them animals)
    Texas SOT

Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    It did for some and not for others. Sad to say. Who knows what would have happened the other way after the moment to where someone is I. Real time and thinks pull or not pull?
    I appreciate the viewpoint but I have to come down on the tactical side of the fact that it creates an immediate 360* target rich chokepoint killzone.

Folks (on TV) will yell and scream to "do something"...... well first, stop flooding victims out in front of a killing machine.

Just doesnt impress me as the thing to do in these cases.

Still doing fire drills etc???? Saw numbers the other day that said there hasnt been a fire death in school in 50 or a hundred years or something like that?

Why dont we immediately declare those alarms as "ACTIVE SHOOTER ALARMS" so people can react accordingly???

Its ALL computer controlled....how bout a different noise and wall button for an active shooter??? Easy....but not done.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    There is also the fact that kids don't have much imagination. Electronics supplies their imagination, and tv?
    Well, what has been the focus on tv lately? The Florida school shooting, the latest anti-gun debates all stem from that.

dapakattack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    DFW Area
    Still doing fire drills etc???? Saw numbers the other day that said there hasnt been a fire death in school in 50 or a hundred years or something like that?

Why dont we immediately declare those alarms as "ACTIVE SHOOTER ALARMS" so people can react accordingly???

Its ALL computer controlled....how bout a different noise and wall button for an active shooter??? Easy....but not done.

Like you stated, treat them as "Active Shooter Alarms" to secure the classroom. Then further instructions can follow over the intercom or txt message.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    wow is my 14 y/o son jaded or what?

I woke his homeschooled ass up to tell him about what has happened (and ask if he knew anybody at that school, becuase it’s local) and explained that we don’t know yet but it appeared that shooter used a shotgun, and he said “it’s really sad that that happened but you can be sure that it will blow over in like two days because it wasn’t an AR used.”

Last edited:

Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague

...... he said “it’s really sad that that happened but you can be sure that it will blow over in like two days because it wasn’t an AR used.”
    No maam....I think he is firmly rooted in the reality of the world situation around him and his mental cognizance is operating at full capacity with no emotional interference.

I say good for him. BTW...homeschooled my kids too.

RobertTheTexan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2017
    Central Texas

I woke his homeschooled ass up to tell him about what has happened (and ask if he knew anybody at that school, becuass it’s local) and explained that we don’t know yet but it appeared that shooter used a shotgun, and he said “it’s really sad that that happened but you can be sure that it will blow over in like two days because it wasn’t an AR used.”

What about the shooting that was thwarted at Dixon High School in IL? That didn’t even touch media because why?! Because it was stopped by one of schools ARMED resource police officers.

Still this is so tragic. I cannot fathom losing my son. Wildcat, I hope that we never become desensitized. I hope this still breaks our heart to the point we push for a solution that can help prevent or at least reduce this kind of tragedy. We know how to do that. Armed individuals with training, LEO or former LEO, prior service etc to stand guard and protect our kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Blonde girl that was interviewed stated there was a threat a few months back but I can't seem to come up with any reports of that. Does anyone recall that?

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    What about the shooting that was thwarted at Dixon High School in IL? That didn’t even touch media because why?! Because it was stopped by one of schools ARMED resource police officers.

Still this is so tragic. I cannot fathom losing my son. Wildcat, I hope that we never become desensitized. I hope this still breaks our heart to the point we push for a solution that can help prevent or at least reduce this kind of tragedy. We know how to do that. Armed individuals with training, LEO or former LEO, prior service etc to stand guard and protect our kids.

I don’t think that we are desensitized so much as bombarded by the media of it and the same tired arguments that we can’t influence the narrative to change. So many people are stubborn and cling to their gun free zones and won’t submit to reason, and say the same about us that think how we think about armed staff protecting students.

topduarte

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2017

One retired officer was shot who was on the campus.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    The first question that needs answers is to the parents of these killer children:

"Where have you failed your children in allowing them to even consider such horrible deeds?"

Last edited:

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Blonde girl that was interviewed stated there was a threat a few months back but I can't seem to come up with any reports of that. Does anyone recall that?

Back in February or March I believe there was a threat. I remember hearing about it at the news because I had just been at the campus a week or so prior.

Top Bottom