• ...and so much more!
  • Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    1, Yes it makes it easy to get my info for my area
    2, it might help new 1911 owners to have a how to on detail stripping a 1911 and a 1911 series 80
    3, How about breaking up the handguns into revolvers and Semis
    4, Not sure
    5, Don't know...maybe the USA Shooting team?

I will take a 2x thank you very much.

rgriffin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Dallas
    1.) Do you like the new Hometown section with the events broken down into major metro area? - Yes, makes it easier to find local events
    2.) What are some good articles (topics, how-tos, etc.) you'd like to see on the forum? - The how-tos that are here are great- Anything idiot proof (within reason)

3.) What would you like to see added to the forum? - nothing comes to mind right now
    4.) What is the worst part of the forum? - Can't think of anything else
    5.) What is a charity in Texas that you'd like to see us support? - Anyone that supports our local LEO/Fire. They get overlooked as it is. While I completly support and back our troops overseas, we need to remember the ones that are still here. Personally I support the Russ Martin Police/ Fire fund.

Phoebe Ann

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Houston ish
    I think this is one of the most well run sites I've seen. Very well thought out. There is such a diverse group posting here that I'm always entertained and educated as well.

I think the hometown section is a great addition.

I'd like to see some t-shirts made for women.

What annoys me? When someone starts a thread that says, "Hey Guys..." or "Hey Fellas." :p For obvious reasons. But I can't change generations of behaviors. ;)

I'm all for charity. There are enough people on this forum who have charities close to their hearts that it would be interesting to start a thread on this topic. I'm a cancer survivor so I'd probably post up my charity. Once you have ~ four charities, post up a poll and let the people decide.

Allen, you guys have done a great job and I appreciate all the work it takes to keep it running. Many thanks!

Phoebe Ann

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    What annoys me? When someone starts a thread that says, "Hey Guys..." or "Hey Fellas." :p For obvious reasons. But I can't change generations of behaviors. ;)

Allen, you guys have done a great job and I appreciate all the work it takes to keep it running. Many thanks!
    Phoebe Ann

Okay, ya bunch of cowards, *I'll* say it....

Phoebe - I know it's a long-ingrained habit of acknowledgin' the "Superior Sex", but when you say "....you guys have done a great...." aren't you doin' the very thing you just complained about?!??

I just *HAD* ta say it......

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Alright guys and gals. It's time to get some more feedback on how we can improve the site. Here's some questions for you, and feel free to add your own comments.

1.) Do you like the new Hometown section with the events broken down into major metro area?
    Hometown is great, and I like the columned set up you just recently adjusted
    2.) What are some good articles (topics, how-tos, etc.) you'd like to see on the forum?
    I think for the most part, that's covered pretty well in the sections. Just need more contributors. Shame on me... I had intended to take pictures as I detail stripped my P226, but just plain forgot until I was half way through..
    3.) What would you like to see added to the forum?
    I think we've got it covered pretty well. Maybe a gallery section for general picture posting.
    4.) What is the
    worst part of the forum?
    Don't really dislike anything enough to complain about it.
    5.) What is a charity in Texas that you'd like to see us support?
    Ones that support and help our troupes and their families.

Lastly, if we do another run of T-Shirts, would you be interested in buying one? The last run was $13 / shirt. I need to know approx. how many we will be needing.

I'm for a T, maybe two.

Phoebe Ann

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Houston ish
    Okay, ya bunch of cowards, *I'll* say it....

Phoebe - I know it's a long-ingrained habit of acknowledgin' the "Superior Sex", but when you say "....you guys have done a great...." aren't you doin' the very thing you just complained about?!??

I just *HAD* ta say it......

Well, no, not really. And I suppose that's just one reason why we're superior. Isn't this site run by two guys? Hence..."you guys..."

Good try Redneck.

TexasDawg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    LaPorte
    1.) Do you like the new Hometown section with the events broken down into major metro area?
    Yes, just wish there was more going on on the east-side

2.) What are some good articles (topics, how-tos, etc.) you'd like to see on the forum?
    Metal-working how-tos - trigger tune-ups - home gun-smithing stuff

3.) What would you like to see added to the forum?
    How about a knife section - making, selling, buying?

4.) What is the worst part of the forum?
    Still too new to make an informed choice, but sometimes flaws are what give character to things

? I have a few that I contribute to as a personel choice

I would like a t-shirt; a long sleeve and a short sleeve. XXL

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    Not sure at this point what else could be added to the site... every time I log in it's already a "newer improved" version. Maybe a "D Cortez" section? But really, I enjoy it as it is....The only thing I have a problem with is posting pictures. Is there a way to put a direct "browse then post" button? Seems every time I use an off site link and try to down load, re-size, copy, paste, what ever... it just doesn't go well. To the point I've givin up on pictures at all.
    As far as t-shirts, YES YES YES!!! What colors? White on Black & Black on White... Large and X-large, would like 8 total please.
    Oh, you can save the ones with the "frilly collar" for D Cortez.
    Semper Fi
    MG

thorkyl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Brazoria County
    What kind of lists?

Members are already searchable: Texas Gun Talk - Members List - Search

Thinking something that displays in grid view and can be updated by the users (approved changes then displayed)

Searchable lists
    1 - FFL's and their rates, contact info and such
    2 - Ranges and their rates, contact info and such
    3 - Shops contact info and such
    4 - Smiths

n5esr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    4. The worst part of the forum is having to view this thread everytime I log in... even if I put in a different link, this pops up and then I have browse through and find what I am looking for. PITA!

JRiv77

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Copperas Cove
    I am still an FNG here but I like what was here when I got here. I would have to agree that more members=more fun though.

1.) Do you like the new Hometown section with the events broken down into major metro area? I like this.

2.) What are some good articles (topics, how-tos, etc.) you'd like to see on the forum? I would guess that more how to's would be nice.

3.) What would you like to see added to the forum? Not real sure.

4.) What is the worst part of the forum? I haven't been here too long and I haven't checked everything so I cannot really say much about the subject.

I am not sure about this, since I just got back to Texas.

Top Bottom