• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    I just about lost it on my father in law over the rona. Keeping in mind that he is 68 now and has always been pro big pharma. He was a pharmaceutical rep for nearly 20 years and knows many of DR's. He has always taken the flu shot. Just yesterday he was saying that as soon as the rona vaccine is available he will take it. I can understand being in a high risk bracket due to age and creeping health issues.

With all that being said, his new found justification scrambled my brain. He was going on talking about his DR friend telling him that the hospital is so full of cases that they are turning people away. That there was not an available hospital bed within 200 miles.

After my brain unscrambled I prosed a question he couldn't answer. He lives in Wisconsin across the river from Minnesota. Look at a map of the USA and find lake superior (furthest west grate lake, south west tip. City of Duluth). I asked him how it is not a national story that you could go 200 miles north and be well into Canada, 200 miles west is nearly Fargo ND, 200 miles south puts you past Minneapolis / St Paul and near into iowa. Not one open bed?.....

Let me finish with this; The rona is real. People have died with and from it. I am also a free man. I will not live in fear because I am told to. I will not bankrupt my family and starve my children. My kids will play outside in groups and eat dirt. I will not comply. Oh, one last thing, if you are a liberal and you are ok with the idea of abortion because "my body my choice" **** you and your mask.

(Sorry for the language Ben)

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
    Lynx Defense

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    This is very true. We have become a world where to too many people death is not acceptable. Where "not one more death" is the only thing that matters. Well, unless it furthers a progressive cause, then it's ok.
    Much like the idea that climate change may not be a man made thing, the idea that man is mortal is not to be tolerated.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    is it a conspiracy theory if it's talked about out in the open
    The second definition of conspiracy is "to act in harmony toward a common end."

So yeah it's still a conspiracy even if it's not planned in secret. The conspirators don't even need to have direct communication.

Lots of herd animals out there just moving along with the rest of the herd.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    In my 39yrs... the one topic that nobody talks about is death. I find it profound. I don't understand why its not openly discussed.
    I don't "want to" die, but I am ready whenever I am called home.
    Being ready for death and not fearing it let's you live freely, not foolishly.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't "want to" die, but I am ready whenever I am called home.
    Being ready for death and not fearing it let's you live freely, not foolishly.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk
    Yes sir! Nobody wants to die. But... nobody is going to stop it either.

The time is now. Strive to live in the present is my conclusion on it.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    Maybe our gov finally gets it?

I certainly hope so: I cringe every time I see another state or county moving backwards into lockdowns and curfews. Latest is Los Angeles County that has enacted a non-essential business curfew. Most likely to pave the way for Newsom's state wide curfew he has been threatening.

Abbott has not been to successful in the recent past resisting the media and the Left; let's hope his desire to run for President makes him position himself as a "stand out" governor who does not cave into pressure.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    I certainly hope so: I cringe every time I see another state or county moving backwards into lockdowns and curfews. Latest is Los Angeles County that has enacted a non-essential business curfew. Most likely to pave the way for Newsom's state wide curfew he has been threatening.

Abbott has not been to successful in the recent past resisting the media and the Left; let's hope his desire to run for President makes him position himself as a "stand out" governor who does not cave into pressure.
    That sorry pos was the one who shut Texas down just like the democrat governors. His political career is caca to me.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Texas and Florida have announced this

68173af29364e3be4befff0d8603240f.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dapakattack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    DFW Area
    What is the status of bars and restaurants here in TX? Are they 100% open, or does Abbott still have them at a %? "I'm allowing bars/restaurants to operate at 1% capacity because of the higher numbers, but, read my lips, Texas will not be locking down again!"

Is he allowing city and county A-holes to dictate what can be done in their jurisdictions?

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    If he is stupid enough to do another lockdown there will be another Texas revolution. A quiet one this time just ignoring his orders.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Abbott knows that, if he calls for another lockdown, he'll have more "guests" for Thanksgiving at the Governor's Mansion than he knows what to do with.....

.....also, after the Shelly Luther Incident, no one has been arrested or fined for violating "lockdown", to my knowledge. Don't want to create any more celebrity martyrs....

Big Dipper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    ATX & FC, WI

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA