Lynx Defense

Cowards at Bell County SO shot my dog in the head.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    There was a case a few years ago where they went to the wrong house with a no-knock warrant and an officer got shot by the home owner. The owner wasn't prosecuted IIRC.

I can think of one instance in College Station like that. I think there have been others. However...it's rare that a homeowner getting shot in a raid on the wrong address results in any police personnel being prosecuted for murder or even manslaughter. Usually a cover-up ensues.
    Gun Zone Deals

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I can think of one instance in College Station like that. I think there have been others. However...it's rare that a homeowner getting shot in a raid on the wrong address results in any police personnel being prosecuted for murder or even manslaughter. Usually a cover-up ensues.
    MANY INSTANCES WHERE LE HAS ENTERED THE WRONG RESIDENCE TO SERVE A NO KNOCK WARRANT! OFFICERS AND HOMEOWNERS HAVE BEEN SHOT BECUASE THE HAD THE WRONG ADDRESS! I DON'T CARE IF YOU HAVE A BADGE AND UBIFORM OR NOTBUST THROUGH MY DOORS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT AND FIND OUT IF YOU WILL GET SHOTSIMPLY BECAUSE HOME INVADERS HAVE USED THE DECEPTION OF BEING LE OFFICERS TO GAIN ENTRYTO A HOME!

Last edited:

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    custom stippled Hi-Point with gold inlaid engraving.
    You rang?!?!

Its not stippled, it has $100 dolla bill grips
    IMG_5018.jpeg

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Dog was defending his family. Police were at the wrong address (bad on the dispatcher).

The dog did lunge twice at the officer. Seems like the officer was not afraid of dogs, and was not looking to shoot.

Unfortunate situation.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    If you have 911 addressing, which pretty much everywhere does, NO Road A&B.
    Get rid of auto correct.
    After watching and thinking on it, I will say this for WPD. Not as a defense, it shouldn't have happened in the first place.
    The officers general actions were appropriate for the information they had.
    They were surprised by the dogs, and the number of them. Bait was alone and they knew before they arrived she was there.
    They had what seemed an emergency situation so a justification to be on the property. There was none with Bait.
    They tried to retreat first. With Bait, they advanced.
    At least they tried to help with the dog immediately. With Bait, they waited for backup, then entered my home to wake me up to look for her. And not one of them helped me get her in the car. The only ones that would even go near her was animal control. The deputies were more concerned with me getting a gun.
    At least they showed the complete video and owned up to the mistake and appologized for it. They didn't try to cover it up. If nothing else, you have to respect them for that much.
    BCSO on the other hand showed a small clip to try to make it seem justified and cover for a deputy's stupidity.
    It was tragic and should not have happened. But at least they did not lie about it. Given more of the whole story, I can understand how it happened at least. With Bait, it was completely avoidable. And then they try to justify it and cover it up.
    To me that shows a total lack of ethics and integrity, not to mention intestinal fortitude. Just the type people that LE keeps warning us, and the legislature, that should not have guns to begin with.
    That type of LE will get people hurt or killed, not just animals.

My condolences for the family. And at least a modicum of respect for Waco PD. At least they admitted the mistakes made.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    The Waco video shows me the difference between a cop thats scared of dog, an another who was not scared by multiple dogs. I wonder what else that cop is scared of say spiders? I bet he shoots up people halloween decorations in their yards.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    If you have 911 addressing, which pretty much everywhere does, NO Road A&B.
    Get rid of auto correct.
    After watching and thinking on it, I will say this for WPD. Not as a defense, it shouldn't have happened in the first place.
    The officers general actions were appropriate for the information they had.
    They were surprised by the dogs, and the number of them. Bait was alone and they knew before they arrived she was there.
    They had what seemed an emergency situation so a justification to be on the property. There was none with Bait.
    They tried to retreat first. With Bait, they advanced.
    At least they tried to help with the dog immediately. With Bait, they waited for backup, then entered my home to wake me up to look for her. And not one of them helped me get her in the car. The only ones that would even go near her was animal control. The deputies were more concerned with me getting a gun.
    At least they showed the complete video and owned up to the mistake and appologized for it. They didn't try to cover it up. If nothing else, you have to respect them for that much.
    BCSO on the other hand showed a small clip to try to make it seem justified and cover for a deputy's stupidity.
    It was tragic and should not have happened. But at least they did not lie about it. Given more of the whole story, I can understand how it happened at least. With Bait, it was completely avoidable. And then they try to justify it and cover it up.
    To me that shows a total lack of ethics and integrity, not to mention intestinal fortitude. Just the type people that LE keeps warning us, and the legislature, that should not have guns to begin with.
    That type of LE will get people hurt or killed, not just animals.

My condolences for the family. And at least a modicum of respect for Waco PD. At least they admitted the mistakes made.

Yep. Two completely different scenarios.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Bait got the stitches out from where they removed the bullet and fragments. It healed up really good. She has one more appointment in a month for xrays to see if the bone fused together at all. After that she is done.
    She still has some of the fog in that eye. Doc says she will probably have it permanently. The droopy eyelid as well. The eye itself is very slightly pulled to the side and at least some peripheral vision loss but seems to have at least partial foward vision. Considering how swollen the eyebal itself was, the doc is happy she did not have to take it out entirely. Me too.
    So, one more visit and she is done. After that, she can go back to the dog park and westle with Bear all she wants. I miss watching her play.

jamesmrj

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Cypress, TX
    All I can sue for is what it cost.
    But once we get all the videos for court, then I will know what criminal charges to start persueing as well.

Would there be any 4th Amendment civil rights violations while they were in your house? What about mental anguish? I always hear about lawyers suing for that.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Would there be any 4th Amendment civil rights violations while they were in your house? What about mental anguish? I always hear about lawyers suing for that.
    I'm not sure if Texas has the "mental anguish" stuff but the lawyer is certain of being able to sue to recoup my actual cost and fees. Anything after.....that would most likely require retainers and filing fees up front because you may not get enough to make it worth doing.
    I will looking into filing multiple charges including 4th Amendment. As well as official complaints against the CPS investigator with the State.
    Until I can get a copy of everything for myself, the investigation is still listed as opned, there are still questions of exactly who said and did what when that will determine exactly what charges I file against who and for what.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    jrbfishn don't know if it's your style of shirt, but other styles are available...My DIL ordered a tropical shirt for our Son with his retired K9 partner on it. Urso is a beloved member of the family.....I didn't know this type of service was available..

20230614_142311.jpg

20230614_142325.jpg

20230614_142332.jpg

Top Bottom