• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I also don't get Tequila Sunrise or any other mixed dring with Tequila.
    They all seem to me to be nothing but piss poor attempt to hide the taste of Tequila.

The same can be said about a lot of mixed drinks I suppose.

A tequila sunrise is a tasty attempt to hide the taste of tequila. A margarita is a sweet, tasty attempt to hide the taste of tequila from my wife.

I did have some tequila once that was amazing...as a sipping drink! It came from Guatemala in a bottle that had a wicker cover woven over it and no label. That was some smooth, amazing tequila that I'll likely never experience again.
    Gun Zone Deals

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    A tequila sunrise is a tasty attempt to hide the taste of tequila. A margarita is a sweet, tasty attempt to hide the taste of tequila from my wife.

I did have some tequila once that was amazing...as a sipping drink! It came from Guatemala in a bottle that had a wicker cover woven over it and no label. That was some smooth, amazing tequila that I'll likely never experience again.
    But both would be better if made with something other than tequila.
    It my just be me, but i have never had a tequila drink and asked for a refill.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    The problem, of course, is that people don't drive like that which negates your good intentions and actually causes the problem you're trying to avoid. The reason people are having to jab their brakes? Because of that guy who merged into the gap you made, which means you are likely hitting your brakes to open up a new space. The guy in front of you and all the cars in front of him are happily motoring down the road. You created the cascade, pushing a pressure wave of braking back down the column. It can only subside when there's a substantial gap in traffic, or everyone is forced to come to a standstill.

There's two solutions in this situation that actually work.
    1. Don't hit the brakes when the guy merges into the lane in front of you. If he had to go faster than you to make the pass, there is likely no reason to come off the go pedal at all. Maybe back off a hair to gradually open some space.
    2. Stay in the right lane and open as big of a gap as you want.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Why the hell can't people listen to and understand simple instructions? I went to get a beard trim. I told the woman as I sat down, "Okay. What I need is literally a haircut on my chin. Take a couple of inches of length off," (and at this point, I put two fingers around the length of my beard as one would do if they were about to cut it) "but do not shape it, style it, or sculpt it - just cut the length and even things up."

Not a difficult concept, right?

First thing the idiot does is grab clippers and cut a swath out of the left side of my chin.

"Annnd...you're doing exactly what I told you not to," says I, rather grumpily.

"But you said you wanted it trimmed..."

"I said I wanted the length cut, and not to shape it. But now you have to finish it the way you're doing it, which is not what I want."

"Well I'm sorry," she says defensively, "I'm a cosmetologist, not a barber."

"And I was pretty clear what I wanted. I told you, cut it like a haircut except on my chin. I even showed you how long!" As I said this, I showed her again, and once again held the hair with my fingers exactly as one would if cutting it.

"OH!" she says, "You really meant that?"

WTF? Why would I fucking say something as a set of instructions if I didn't mean it? So now I've got a beard trimmed exactly the way I don't like, which I had to fucking spend 30 minutes evening up because she did a shitty job of it even the way that she wanted to do it. Seriously - the side of my chin that she started with cutting wrong wound up almost an inch longer than the other side!

Fucking hell.
    That is why nobody cuts my beard but me. And I don't cut it. Just wash, condition and comb it. Grandbaby loves my beard.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    That is why nobody cuts my beard but me. And I don't cut it. Just wash, condition and comb it. Grandbaby loves my beard.

I'd cut mine, but my wrists don't bend all the ways I'd need them to so it always looks like I cut it myself. Can't let it get too long - it annoys me if it starts brushing against shirt collars.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    1702080231012.png

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    I'd cut mine, but my wrists don't bend all the ways I'd need them to so it always looks like I cut it myself. Can't let it get too long - it annoys me if it starts brushing against shirt collars.
    When I want it all the same length, I trim it myself. When I want the tapered look, I have to get someone else to do it otherwise it won't be even. Barber took off 3+ inches today and I still got an inch and a half left. Feels almost clean shaven.

ETA: The wife was bitchin' it was getting too long and I told her I was gonna go full ZZTop. She did not appreciate it.

Last edited:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I'M FIXING TO CUT OFF MY BEARD IN PREPARATION FOR THE RADIATION TREATMENTS I'LL GROW IT BAC SOMETIME NEXT YEAR!

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I used to keep it trimed. Then I had shoulder surgery and let it grow. Now I like my "don't give a damn what I look like" beard.
    Besides, grandbaby like to grab a handfull, snuggle his face in it and fall asleep. Poor kid would not know what to do if I shaved it.
    d3fb1b823f3233e5ff91d3af3b8338dd.jpg

Just because I liked the post doesn’t mean I approve. It looks good on you.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Keep it tight, like your avatar. Long beards are annoying unless your Santa Claus...

Too much maintenance, plus I like it grown out a bit.

When I want it all the same length, I trim it myself. When I want the tapered look, I have to get someone else to do it otherwise it won't be even. Barber took off 3+ inches today and I still got an inch and a half left. Feels almost clean shaven.

ETA: The wife was bitchin' it was getting too long and I told her I was gonna go full ZZTop. She did not appreciate it.

I can't get the bottom straight. It always tilts to one side or another.

I used to keep it trimed. Then I had shoulder surgery and let it grow. Now I like my "don't give a damn what I look like" beard.
    Besides, grandbaby like to grab a handfull, snuggle his face in it and fall asleep. Poor kid would not know what to do if I shaved it.
    d3fb1b823f3233e5ff91d3af3b8338dd.jpg

Wouldn't be a good look for me. Plus, I'd go insane before it got that long becaus it bugs me if I can feel the beard touching stuff like shirt collars or anything. Plus...I don't need it getting all crispy if I get too close to the forge.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I told her I was gonna go full ZZTop.
    Wouldn't be a good look for me. Plus, I'd go insane before it got that long becaus it bugs me if I can feel the beard touching stuff like shirt collars or anything.
    The beard in my avatar isn't what it looks like. It looks like a full, rounded beard that one could be proud of. It wasn't. It was actually very thin. The "hairs per square inch of skin" numbers were sufficiently low that one could say I shouldn't grow a beard at all. Yet, it looks decent in the picture.

The secret?

It was long, all the way down to my belt buckle. It was definitely "full ZZ Top" length. When I doubled it up and tucked it inside my t-shirt, though, it looked normal. Actually, I think it looked pretty good; judge for yourself from the avatar picture. But when it was out front, it was a thin, scraggly, sad mess.
    ...grandbaby like to grab a handfull, snuggle his face in it...
    That's the one thing I miss about having a big beard. I've held a few babies when I had a beard and it's magical to look at them when their eyes are transfixed on it. You can see the gears turning in their head. Then they reach out to touch and realize their hands can actually go inside that mass of...whatever it is. Then they close their little fists and start pulling and you see the joy on their faces as they discover something new.

That's the only thing I'll miss about having a beard. But it was a damn big perk.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I have had some kids look at me and laugh and play with my beard. Some look at it and you can see them trying to figure what it is and what to do about it. Just not too sure about that funny looking thing on a person's face. And others that are just absolutely terrified of it. And they all make me smile.

Top Bottom