0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Rolling Plains of TX
    <>

Y

<>

You say that;

but,

Everyone educated in both prefers metric.

It just makes more sense and is so much easier.

Wether you like it or not; much of our USA is already metric, and has been for decades: Pharmaceuticals, Engineering, Medicine, Machining, Tools, etc. Even illegal drugs clme in ‘’Kilos’’.

’’Arrogance & Ignorance’’ make for a bad & really dangerous combination; you seem to exhibit both in spades.

Good Luck !

leVieux

<>
    Einstein~
    The only thing more dangerous than ignorance is arrogance

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    <>

Y

<>

You say that;

but,

Wether you like it or not; much of our USA is already metric, and has been for decades: Pharmaceuticals, Engineering, Medicine, Machining, Tools, etc. Even illegal drugs clme in ‘’Kilos’’.

’’Arrogance & Ignorance’’ make for a bad & really dangerous combination; you seem to exhibit both in spades.

Good Luck !

leVieux

<>
    Well there's your problem, you're too damn serious about something decidedly insignificant and far beyond either of our abilities to change.

Slow down, it's a joke son!

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    <>

Y

<>

You say that;

but,

Arrogance & Igorance, my specialty! I exhibit both in spades.

Good Luck !

leVieux

<>
    FIFY!

@TX_1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Rolling Plains of TX
    You're new, seem okay but don't know what you don't know, you get a pass.
    I was OK, lived in OK for 7 years. hee hee hee

Native Texan, my father's grandfather was born in the Republic of Texas, family lived in Coryell County, then in 1889 moved farther North to a newly platted county and bought land. We still have our part, plus later additions.

Yes, I am new here, but I am 75 and have seen a lot of stuff. Traveled for a living for 40 years with 2 privately held wholesale distributors. Wore lots of hats. At one time I planned stores in an 11 state area.

Grew up hunting, fishing and shooting with my father's WWII and older buddies. I still like firearms. I don't like bureaucrap very much.

It that enough to put your mind at ease? smile.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Thanks! I meant some of the forum personalities and dynamics but nice to learn more about you.

I'm likewise a multi-generation native Texan and my ancestors also came here by way of Oklahoma.

I can relate to the many hats and numerous private ventures as well. Hunting, fishing (especially fishing) and shooting with family and friends.

I was sincere in that I couldn't care less about the metric system or other countries opinions, the grain of truth in the jibe.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Thanks! I meant some of the forum personalities and dynamics but nice to learn more about you.

I'm likewise a multi-generation native Texan and my ancestors also came here by way of Oklahoma.

I can relate to the many hats and numerous private ventures as well. Hunting, fishing (especially fishing) and shooting with family and friends.

I was sincere in that I couldn't care less about the metric system or other countries opinions, the grain of truth in the jibe.
    You know?

If we cut out that "foreign aid" baloney?:50cal:

Watch how fast them beggars switch to IMPERIAL! :green:

@TX_1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Rolling Plains of TX
    I haven't slept since last month.
    I went to bed last night about 7:45 PM. Wife had already gone to bed before that. She is the head cook at the local school, she spent many years at local bank. She has worked hard all of her life caring for her 3 children. She raised them almost by herself. My first wife (of 47 years) died in 2018. We married 3 years ago. Starting over again, now am 75.

Usually 5 hours per night is plenty of sleep, but lately it takes a little more at times.

Any way, I got up for bathroom run and decided to grab a snack. Will probably go back to bed. Wife is off work today. We both like to cook. God sent me another great woman, she and I both agree that he put us together. It was not anything we did and she is quite a bit younger than I am.

Anyway, Good morning, just barely morning.

Dave

@TX_1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Rolling Plains of TX
    I went to bed last night about 7:45 PM. Wife had already gone to bed before that. She is the head cook at the local school, she spent many years at local bank. She has worked hard all of her life caring for her 3 children. She raised them almost by herself. My first wife (of 47 years) died in 2018. We married 3 years ago. Starting over again, now am 75.

Usually 5 hours per night is plenty of sleep, but lately it takes a little more at times.

Any way, I got up for bathroom run and decided to grab a snack. Will probably go back to bed. Wife is off work today. We both like to cook. God sent me another great woman, she and I both agree that he put us together. It was not anything we did and she is quite a bit younger than I am.

Anyway, Good morning, just barely morning.

Dave
    Thanks.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    For
    @IXLR8 (OP) & thanks to @alternative, I now have this, using a 2.5" cotter pin & a (approx) size 8 or 10 x 3/4" metal screw & a binder clip..

Attachments

• tpaste 1.jpg
      tpaste 1.jpg
      69.9 KB · Views: 19
    • tpaste 2.jpg
      tpaste 2.jpg
      57.8 KB · Views: 21

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    I QUIT WATCHING THE NEWS TO PREVENT ME FROM HAVING ANOTHER HEART ATTACK!
    Okay, here's a related one:
    There was an active shooter at UNLV today. The outlets had zero meaningful info, yet kept saying "there were multiple victims". Now, last shooting, they said almost exactly the same. It turned out to be TWO. One victim, and the shooter.
    Now, we finally got an update from LE.The shooter is deceased and "multiple persons are being transported to area hospitals."
    Why don't they just say " At least three victims..." or something to that effect???
    Are they paid to hype the drama as long as possible??
    F that. It's sickening to watch.

ETA - now reporting three innocents killed. That qualifies for "multiple"... yet they kept saying "mass shooting".
    Nah. Try harder.

Last edited:

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    RTV and super glue. I started buying the smallest tubes available for each, because:

1) Half of the RTV left in the tube after the first use cures by the time I need to use it again. Sometimes I can salvage a limited second use but it involves cutting open the tube, which makes it a messy affair
    2) I have never gotten a second use out of super glue. The bottle is always dried up whenever I try it for a second use

You toothpaste tube complainers need to get over it. That’s trivial compared to my super glue and RTV dilemma . :cool:

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Coriolis308
    Top Bottom