• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • @TX_1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Rolling Plains of TX
    For
    @IXLR8 (OP) & thanks to @alternative, I now have this, using a 2.5" cotter pin & a (approx) size 8 or 10 x 3/4" metal screw & a binder clip..
    Simple solution? Don't roll up the tube, simply lay the handle of the toothbrush across bottom of tube laying on the bathroom counter and push down and toward the cap. It will get every drop of the toothpaste out. You don't have to use the handle every day, but it works easily.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    Cranky old are free be cranky about anything but "Cranky old guy's"...

I'll start:
    Don't you hate modern toothpaste tubes? You roll 'em up and the next time you go to use it, you have roll it all up again. It was better when they were made out of lead sheets...
    On the subject of lead, My wife switched into full Chritmas decorating mode Tuesday, starting with the tree. I told her that a lot of the fun of decorating went out the windwo when they quit making tinsel out of wholesome, healthy, electrically conductive lead! I miss the sparks and lead vapor rising off of the train tracks as of pieces of tinsel fell across the rails of the train that was circling the tree.
    Those were the good ol' days!

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    I was not a cranky old guy until they told me I had to apply for Social Security. I had not had a birthday for well over a decade and had no idea that I was that old.
    But that was not what made me cranky. What did was that I had to make an appointment for the SS folks to call me. They set the appointment for 3 months from when I contacted them. They called on that date, asked a butt load of questions and then told me I made too much money to apply for Social Security. :mad: :mad: :mad:

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Sugary cornbread. WTF! Cornbread should come from corn crushed by stone mills - add eggs, flour, baking powder, oil - perfection! I was in our pantry and found a goddamn box of Jif Cornbread! Wife must have lost her mind. Dug out the real cornmeal and have a batch in the oven. Sugar should go in sweet tea, not my cornbread.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Why the hell can't people listen to and understand simple instructions? I went to get a beard trim. I told the woman as I sat down, "Okay. What I need is literally a haircut on my chin. Take a couple of inches of length off," (and at this point, I put two fingers around the length of my beard as one would do if they were about to cut it) "but do not shape it, style it, or sculpt it - just cut the length and even things up."

Not a difficult concept, right?

First thing the idiot does is grab clippers and cut a swath out of the left side of my chin.

"Annnd...you're doing exactly what I told you not to," says I, rather grumpily.

"But you said you wanted it trimmed..."

"I said I wanted the length cut, and not to shape it. But now you have to finish it the way you're doing it, which is not what I want."

"Well I'm sorry," she says defensively, "I'm a cosmetologist, not a barber."

"And I was pretty clear what I wanted. I told you, cut it like a haircut except on my chin. I even showed you how long!" As I said this, I showed her again, and once again held the hair with my fingers exactly as one would if cutting it.

"OH!" she says, "You really meant that?"

WTF? Why would I fucking say something as a set of instructions if I didn't mean it? So now I've got a beard trimmed exactly the way I don't like, which I had to fucking spend 30 minutes evening up because she did a shitty job of it even the way that she wanted to do it. Seriously - the side of my chin that she started with cutting wrong wound up almost an inch longer than the other side!

Fucking hell.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Why the hell can't people listen to and understand simple instructions? I went to get a beard trim. I told the woman as I sat down, "Okay. What I need is literally a haircut on my chin. Take a couple of inches of length off," (and at this point, I put two fingers around the length of my beard as one would do if they were about to cut it) "but do not shape it, style it, or sculpt it - just cut the length and even things up."

Not a difficult concept, right?

First thing the idiot does is grab clippers and cut a swath out of the left side of my chin.

"Annnd...you're doing exactly what I told you not to," says I, rather grumpily.

"But you said you wanted it trimmed..."

"I said I wanted the length cut, and not to shape it. But now you have to finish it the way you're doing it, which is not what I want."

"Well I'm sorry," she says defensively, "I'm a cosmetologist, not a barber."

"And I was pretty clear what I wanted. I told you, cut it like a haircut except on my chin. I even showed you how long!" As I said this, I showed her again, and once again held the hair with my fingers exactly as one would if cutting it.

"OH!" she says, "You really meant that?"

WTF? Why would I fucking say something as a set of instructions if I didn't mean it? So now I've got a beard trimmed exactly the way I don't like, which I had to fucking spend 30 minutes evening up because she did a shitty job of it even the way that she wanted to do it. Seriously - the side of my chin that she started with cutting wrong wound up almost an inch longer than the other side!

Fucking hell.
    Another day in the life of ZOD!

Was she cute? :green:

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    No! She looked like Abe Vigoda!
    1702001686815.png

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I went to a cheap haircuts place, showed a picture of how I wanted it cut. Sure I can do that I was told. Came out looking like Johnny Chan, the poker player. I should have suspected something because a guy in a suit was telling the owner that he was in earlier that week and wanted someone to fix his haircut and wasn't going to pay for it. I think the sign said haircut $5.99, this was over 10 years ago.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    Sugary cornbread. WTF! Cornbread should come from corn crushed by stone mills - add eggs, flour, baking powder, oil - perfection! I was in our pantry and found a goddamn box of Jif Cornbread! Wife must have lost her mind. Dug out the real cornmeal and have a batch in the oven. Sugar should go in sweet tea, not my cornbread.
    I can agree with your opinion on cornbread, but sugar does not belong in tea either. I never understood the sweet tea thing.

I was at a business lunch once. It was at a mexican place in San Angelo.
    One of the girls wanted sweet tea. The waiter informed her that they did not have sweet tea. She said "WTF, this is Texas!" To the waiters credit, he pointed to the menu that said "Mexican".
    I laughed and slid the sugar to her, but she said that it is not the same. I don't get that either.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    I also don't get Tequila Sunrise or any other mixed dring with Tequila.
    They all seem to me to be nothing but piss poor attempt to hide the taste of Tequila.

The same can be said about a lot of mixed drinks I suppose.

Top Bottom