• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I actually ordered one from Copes yesterday, but if you ever give it another try and the costs are right, I would probably still be interested. Thanks again for your attempt at setting it up.
    Gun Zone Deals

Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I actually ordered one from Copes yesterday, but if you ever give it another try and the costs are right, I would probably still be interested. Thanks again for your attempt at setting it up.

You're welcome. Also, would anyone be interested in meeting up for some shooting this weekend? I've got an itchy trigger finger.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Wow, just picked up two of these (one hand select, the other not) + 440 rds ammo. My first C&R purchase, too! Great find... is there another thread dedicated to this anywhere? Don't want to derail this one.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Wow, just picked up two of these (one hand select, the other not) + 440 rds ammo. My first C&R purchase, too! Great find... is there another thread dedicated to this anywhere? Don't want to derail this one.

No, the group buy didn't pan out for now, but I figured I would post the deal here seeing as all the potential Mosin buyers had posted here already.

That's an awesome deal with a C&R.. Let us know how they look when you get them.

Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX

No worries. The crate isn't happening. At least not at the moment. I had a C&R for a few years, and just recently got a new one. After you get one rifles certainly start to multiply in the safe if you know what I mean.

Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    The first Mosin I ever bought was $75 out the door. It's in my dad's safe right next to the first rifle I ever got, a 22 lever action Winchester my dad got me for my 13th birthday. The Mosin was actually a 19th birthday present from my Uncle.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I'll happily report back how these two are when they come in. So far I'm impressed with Classic. Got my order confirmation and FFL on file confirmation immediately on order, so now I'm just waiting for shipping notification. Shipping for two rifles and 440 rounds of ammo was $57 to Austin.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I'll happily report back how these two are when they come in. So far I'm impressed with Classic. Got my order confirmation and FFL on file confirmation immediately on order, so now I'm just waiting for shipping notification. Shipping for two rifles and 440 rounds of ammo was $57 to Austin.

I like classic too.. they've always had good pricing and great service.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I hate to think I might be inviting competition, but if you're in Austin, there's a large auction at Austin Auctions the first weekend in December with lots and lots (60+) C&R-type firearms from rifles to handguns to shotguns. Google them, browse their catalog... and if you're going, PM me and I'll say hello on Saturday.

Note - if you have an 01/03 FFL, bring a signed copy (and perhaps your original) - they do require FFL transfer to receive firearms for this auction, apparently the seller or owner of the collection is somehow requiring this (it has NOT been a requirement in past auctions of other sellers).

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Hopefully this will lead to sub-hundred dollar Mosins at gun shows, the way things used to be...

I'm hoping for the same thing. They were $130 at the last show in Fort Worth so maybe they're coming back down.

Of course I remember getting SKSs for $85.00 and Astras for $115.00. Those days are long gone.

Like the SKS and Astra I'm glad I jumped on the Mosin wagon back when they were selling sub $100.00. Picked up a nice little collection of them then.

Top Bottom