• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    This site is absolutely fair, Don't mess with City Hall (El Guapo/Texas1911) If somebody has a complaint the proper way is a private message in plain language without accompaning cuss words and I would imagine that you would be fairly heard....But to rant and rave at the "Boss man" out here in the open and ridicule him won't cut the mustard.

If I am doing something incorrectly and the vast majority of the forum agrees then it's something that needs to be fixed. I take alot of what people have to say into my decisions. Some of it I will ignore, some of it I will keep in mind, and some of it I can use to guide me towards a solution. If someone thinks I'm doing a bad job, then tell me why I am. If someone just wants to talk shit, I got better things to do. If someone wants to outright threaten me ... then I say get off your ass and come and get it.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    AMEN Travis.

Forums are individually owned and operated entities. Anything and everything is in total control of the admins. The first amendment doesn't mean shit (but of course you are all free to start your own forum and run it the way you wish).

We also all have the option of not logging in.

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    Oh, BTW, if you want to see what kind of shit will get you put on a GTFO list, go to members and look up West Texas and then click on his forum posts on his last coupla days. None of them got deleted because they are part of the dialogue and to remove them would have screwed up the threads.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Threatened a forum member. He wanted to meet after school on the playground to fight. Total Bullshit that he followed up with threatening E-Mails and phone calls after he was banned.

Wow. Publicly threatening people on a forum frequented by LEOs. This guy must be a rocket surgeon!

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    As far as "censorship" goes. This is a privately owned forum....the owner can censor anything they want. The first amendment doesn't apply to anything but the government.

Exactly. You'd be foolish to enter someone's house and insist on behaving in a manner they find objectionable; but some people find it hard to extend the same courtesy on websites, even though both are private property.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    This is one thing I don't like. I think when someone crosses a line and makes an ass of themsevles the post should remain as an shining example of what NOT to do.

Most do, but some are removed on the basis that they would make the gun culture look extremely bad.

jsimmons

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio
    MR. Redneck had been given a couple of vacations previously and sent PMs that were inflammatory and insulting. He has been asked to stop the threats and personal attacks and refused to do so. He jumped into threads simply to stir the pot and piss people off and continued to do so after being asked not to repeatedly.
    I don't know how in the world you could consider this board over moderated. It is loosely run and very lightly Modded. Hell, some of the stuff I say on here would get me banned in a hot second on other boards.

Like someone else said, a lot of stuff goes on behind the scenes, and I certainly don't read each and every message in each and every thread. My comment was on forums in general - not this one in particular.

My general nature is to be a smart-ass. I was kind of surprised that I was banned from Texas CHL for being a smart-ass - and I got no warnings or PMs before I was banned. Lastly, being banned from there certainly won't change my nature.

I understand the "my house/my rules" paradigm, but I think that sometimes, it's taken just a fraction of a degree too far and all of a sudden, users are effectively disappeared.

I guess the two users I mentioned never struck me as trouble makers (again, I didn't read every message on the board), but I know Mr.Redneck was also banned from TexasCHL which when you compare it to MY experience there, doesn't mean a whole lot because he could have been banned for mentioning that the last time he farted, it sounded a lot like the word "Cotton" came out of his butt.

jsimmons

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio
    Is TXI permanently banned? While being a little brash on ocassion, he was a wealth of insight and information. I would hate to see the forum lose him.

However, the others that have been banned brought it on themselves. Honestly, it kinda scares me that those people actually have firearms; as if they act the same way in real life as they did on this forum, then they are a disaster in the making...

Yep, he straightened me out a couple of times, and without kid gloves. I didn't mind at all.

ryantx23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    North TX
    I think we are all adults here, but sometimes people wear their feelings on their shirt sleeves and get their feelings hurt too easy. People are not going to agree on everything and that's just life. As long as everyone understands that, everything should be good to go. It's your website and you pay the bills here, so you have the right to run things as you see fit. All in all, I think things are run pretty fairly but I have observed some pretty silly stuff happen and people get away with it while others have only made a brash comment that hurt someone's feelings and they get banned for it. Personally, I wouldn't ban someone for speaking their mind as long as they aren't threatening other members of the forum or constantly breaking the rules. Just my .02 cents FWIW.

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    I think we are all adults here, but sometimes people wear their feelings on their shirt sleeves and get their feelings hurt too easy. People are not going to agree on everything and that's just life. As long as everyone understands that, everything should be good to go. It's your website and you pay the bills here, so you have the right to run things as you see fit. All in all, I think things are run pretty fairly but I have observed some pretty silly stuff happen and people get away with it while others have only made a brash comment that hurt someone's feelings and they get banned for it. Personally, I wouldn't ban someone for speaking their mind as long as they aren't threatening other members of the forum or constantly breaking the rules. Just my .02 cents FWIW.

No one gets banned for expressing an opinion. Hell, we like the different viewpoints. It's what makes the site fun. If we all only liked 1911s and ARs, then there would be nothing to talk about.
    People get banned for breaking the rules, plain and simple. Feel free to voice your opinions without fear of repercussion. Just do so in an adult manner.

BIGCOUNTRY01

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Amarillo
    For the short time that i have been on here i love it. Everybody on here including the Moderators and the Admins seem really nice. Everybody that i have talked to on here seem to be really helpful. I have been on a few other gun forums in the past and i have to say this is the best one i have ever been on.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom