• ...and so much more!
  • Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    166C7544-74D3-460E-8FF8-66AF94F90503.png

WE MANAGE. They have been placed in charge. This is what matters, they have been given the authority, they are responsible. Stop passing the buck off. Or are they only in charge when everything works than it’s the politicians in charge when it fails?

Now again you can piss and moan about tax breaks and population which yes you can lay that those dipshits feet. Perry and hot wheels invited, begged, bribed companies to move here and bring their employees. Clearly did a shit job of planning for it and now it’s screwing most things up. Housing, utilities, traffic, etc. They do not MANAGE the grid though that is ERCOT.
    Capitol Armory ad

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    And if ERCOT isn’t to blame then why do they exist? They have failed, the experiment failed, we need to change systems. Because moving forward with power outages every time it gets hot or cold is a failure state. Unless you like living with third world standards for utilities. Personally I don’t.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    View attachment 331990

WE MANAGE. They have been placed in charge. This is what matters, they have been given the authority, they are responsible. Stop passing the buck off. Or are they only in charge when everything works than it’s the politicians in charge when it fails?

Now again you can piss and moan about tax breaks and population which yes you can lay that those dipshits feet. Perry and hot wheels invited, begged, bribed companies to move here and bring their employees. Clearly did a shit job of planning for it and now it’s screwing most things up. Housing, utilities, traffic, etc. They do not MANAGE the grid though that is ERCOT.
    Heck. Stay ignorant. Don't let me stop you.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    And if ERCOT isn’t to blame then why do they exist? They have failed, the experiment failed, we need to change systems. Because moving forward with power outages every time it gets hot or cold is a failure state. Unless you like living with third world standards for utilities. Personally I don’t.
    We need for the legislature to do its job.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    View attachment 331990

And your quote above is incomplete. "We manage the flow of Texas' power supply". That is different that what you are assuming.

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    I’ll stay ignorant then. If you have a governing body that can’t do anything but ask nicely that’s a make work position and is just there to suck up funds in the end. If they can’t do duck all it’s a failure of a system and needs to be torn down.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I cranked my a/c down to 65 yesterday just to see if I could be the one to cause the brownout. Weneed to be on a regional or national system.
    Linking to other ISO's carries risk. I recall when a fairly minor failure up north caused a cascade effect that caused blackouts in a number of states.

We can import some electricity via DC links.

I would prefer not to be exposed to other ISO's risks. We just need the legislature to provide the proper incentives for thermal generation capacity to be increased, and to slow renewables.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I’ll stay ignorant then. If you have a governing body that can’t do anything but ask nicely that’s a make work position and is just there to suck up funds in the end. If they can’t do duck all it’s a failure of a system and needs to be torn down.
    Interesting that you refuse to acknowledge the role of the legislature and you do not hold them accountable for doing what really is their job.

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    Interesting that you refuse to acknowledge the role of the legislature and you do not hold them accountable for doing what really is their job.
    Oh no I vote for the assholes and I’m on the phone with them about this. I already posted my congress critters response. “We are looking into options” guess who isn’t getting my vote unless they have a plan. Hot wheels. Yeah that dipshit isn’t getting my vote either. I’ll abstain or vote for Mickey Mouse before I help that dipshit.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    We need more generating plants in TX. National or regional grids will siphon any excess capacity to other areas that say not in my backyard to new plants.
    We don't need national control of the power grid in Texas. We need more real generating capacity, fossil fuels or nuclear IN Texas. With national control we would be suffering brownouts to enable charging electric vehicles in CA.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Wish the micro nuclear generating capsules had panned out. That was a cool idea/ design. Bury it in your back yard, power your house for about 50 years.

Neither utility monopolies, nor their government enablers, wants people to have self-sufficient energy.

There’s no money or power (pardon the pun) or control in it.

Many locations mandate/legislate a hookup to utilities.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    We don't need national control of the power grid in Texas. We need more real generating capacity, fossil fuels or nuclear IN Texas. With national control we would be suffering brownouts to enable charging electric vehicles in CA.
    #TEXIT to take back control of our own destiny...

Top Bottom