• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Toyota stopped production at 2p yesterday, citing the cost of power due to lack of wind generation as being too high. Said at current market rates, this will mostly likely continue for the rest of the summer.

That doesn’t sound good.
    Sounds good to me.
    Nobody buying Tundra anyway.
    Trucks are over priced.
    Drop a huge inductive load off the grid so folks can stay cool.
    UAW should take care of the factory workers.
    Hurley's Gold

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    The problem is less increased demand and more too many renewables. The latter with the taxpayer subsidy competitive advantage has forced thermal generation out of business. This left us relying on intermittent generation resources.
    Went through the wind farms of Texas on our way to Colorado over labor day weekend last year, and it struck me as odd that damn near 1/3 and in some cases almost half of the wind turbines were not spinning.

I also noticed just outside of Wallis, there’s a big solar array they put up a couple of years ago. Seems like a waste for what appears to be an otherwise fertile ground. The pastures all around are green and seem capable of producing, then you see this carve out of maybe 20 acres of solar panels. I’d be pissed off if I had to look at that the wind turbines every day

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Toyota stopped production at 2p yesterday, citing the cost of power due to lack of wind generation as being too high. Said at current market rates, this will mostly likely continue for the rest of the summer.

That doesn’t sound good.
    The other day when supply got so tight, prices were at $5000/MWh.

And yes, we are in trouble. Winds typically die when the temps are extremely hot.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Sounds good to me.
    Trucks are over priced.

Tundra has 1.5 days supply inventory…which means if dealers receive zero new cars, they will sell out their entire inventory in 1.5 days.

To put it in perspective, the industry targets 45 days supply. 1.5 days is essentially zero inventory…trucks are sold as they’re unloaded from the transporters.

Biggest issue is trucks can’t be built fast enough due to chip shortage, and we’re part of the problem along with many other suppliers.

No UAW for any Toyota plant in the US, but workers are paid when furloughed

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    No UAW for any Toyota plant in the US
    Great reason to buy Toyota!

I had a Tundra for a few years. It made sense at the time to sell it, but I kind of regret it now. The only bad things to say about it is it's only a 1/2 ton and is automatic. Otherwise fantastic truck.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Sounds good to me.
    Trucks are over priced.

It’s less about Toyota and more about a how trying to compete in a deregulated market against government incentives is a losing proposition. Same supply side manipulation creating artificial scarcity.

Tblack89

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2022
    Hutto tx
    IF Toyota still used the V8 I would be interested.
    I don’t know, I pulled a 16’ tandem with 1 of the v8’s and was far from impressed, empty trailer floored the truck and it did nothing, absolutely nothing no get up and go.

I feel like good gas mileage and reliability Toyota is good, pulling wise it sucked in my opinion.

Tblack89

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2022
    Hutto tx
    I had the 5.7 in mine and towed a lot of cars with it. Ran great.
    Not sure what the 1 I drove was being it wasn’t mine. I just remembered It having terrible pullin performance. Compared to the 4.7 Silverado I owned at the time the tundra was not even close, as I pulled a lot of cars with that truck and could move fully loaded.

I drove a v6 tundra once that blew that v8 outta the water. So my opinion is solely based on the 1 truck that left a terrible impression.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    … I drove a v6 tundra once that blew that v8 outta the water. So my opinion is solely based on the 1 truck that left a terrible impression.
    Motor is the lesser part of the equation. Trans and final drive ratios play a huge role towing performance. No kidding, there was a time when the F250’s base motor was the 300ci inline 6 mated to a heavy duty three-speed trans with a 4.37 rear end that had a 4700-lb payload rating; it’s hard to find a 3/4 ton truck today with that kind of payload today.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Motor is the lesser part of the equation. Trans and final drive ratios play a huge role towing performance. No kidding, there was a time when the F250’s base motor was the 300ci inline 6 mated to a heavy duty three-speed trans with a 4.37 rear end that had a 4700-lb payload rating; it’s hard to find a 3/4 ton truck today with that kind of payload today.
    My uncle had an old F250 with the 300 inline 6 engine, and in "granny" low gear would dang near climb up a cliff! Wasn't much that old truck couldn't haul or pull.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Today the grid seemed fine. With the forecast temperature here in DFW at 107 tomorrow through Wednesday, it will be interesting to see if we have ERCOT warnings.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    9;45 PM it's 95 with a heat index of 97 with 31% humidity. Wind is mph SSE to NNW.

Tomorrows forecast is a low of 81 and a high of 106.

Top Bottom