• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SA_Steve

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    Back in the 80's, in Houston city limits, the sheriff and constables would both vie to be selected by my homeowner association for contracted neighborhood patrol. The constable was selected one year and the sheriff promptly abandoned service of any kind. He said, 'any crime, let the constable handle it'.

I've seen several cases in the cities in TX where I've lived that the various LEO agencies hate each other. At least Houston eventually got rid of their City Marshals.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Brazos County:
    Bryan PD
    College Station PD
    Sheriff’s Department
    Constables x2
    Texas A&M University PD
    Troopers

What a joke! All of them do traffic stops. How much redundancy in operations between all them? What about the administrative costs? How much does all that crap cost?

I’m glad someone here actually gave a breakdown of constable’s duties. I’ve asked around at work and all the born and raised Texans couldn’t explain exactly what they do or why they were doing trafficking stops. Even asked a buddy who’s a Texas transplant but a Trooper and he didn’t have a much better answer.

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fpbs.twimg.com%2Fmedia%2FBGcuGmcCAAEKSkf.jpg

Attachments

• ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fpbs.twimg.com%2Fmedia%2FBGcuGmcCAAEKSkf.jpg
      ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fpbs.twimg.com%2Fmedia%2FBGcuGmcCAAEKSkf.jpg
      33.2 KB · Views: 467

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Sounds like she announced just a bit too early . . . . If she'd waited until she was within one-year and 30 days of the expiration of her term, she'd have been ok with her "announcement"; however, now she's cornholed. Color me amused.

That was just the latest in a long run of self-inflicted stupid from her. She's a walking "Florida Man" for the local media, and the various LEO agencies around the area just shake their heads when you mention her name. I've roasted her several times on various FB pages, as has most of SA.

El Spicoli

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2019
    Grand Prairie
    Is there a minimum requirement; like at least a name tag or something?
    Name Tag? She don't need no stinkin' name tag. Any time you see all that salad dressing on a LE uniform, just assume they are admin. with no clue on policing. The constable role is pretty defined here in Dallas Co. they just like to expand their role. I guess they served all the writs and subpoenas and have extra time on their hands to generate more revenue.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    yes. Same exact training as EVERY law enforcement officer in the state but, in addition to that, all Constables and Deputy Constables are required to take the Basic Civil Process Course (TCOLE #3131--approx. 20 hours) every two years. If a Sheriff's Office has Deputies who serve such documents, then those Deputies must complete that same course as well.

The job of the Constables and Deputy Constables varies somewhat from county to county. In some counties, the Constable Offices only perform their required function of serving process and providing courtroom security for the Justice of the Peace of their Precinct. In other counties, the Constable Offices perform many, many more tasks than that, including regular patrol, toll road patrol, drug interdiction, environmental enforcement, license & weights, neighborhood patrol on contract with the county & subdivisions, etc.
    I believe Collin Co
    Brazos County:
    Bryan PD
    College Station PD
    Sheriff’s Department
    Constables x2
    Texas A&M University PD
    Troopers

What a joke! All of them do traffic stops. How much redundancy in operations between all them? What about the administrative costs? How much does all that crap cost?

I’m glad someone here actually gave a breakdown of constable’s duties. I’ve asked around at work and all the born and raised Texans couldn’t explain exactly what they do or why they were doing trafficking stops. Even asked a buddy who’s a Texas transplant but a Trooper and he didn’t have a much better answer.

Top Bottom