• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Back in the 80's, in Houston city limits, the sheriff and constables would both vie to be selected by my homeowner association for contracted neighborhood patrol. The constable was selected one year and the sheriff promptly abandoned service of any kind. He said, 'any crime, let the constable handle it'.

I've seen several cases in the cities in TX where I've lived that the various LEO agencies hate each other. At least Houston eventually got rid of their City Marshals.

I lived in a rural county where the Sheriff Dept only serviced the area surrounding the county seat. We were the 2nd largest town in the county but at the opposite end and they were never to be seen unless a wreck occurred in a rural area. We had our city police and the two agencies despised each other. The major FM roads were deemed highways so we'd see the same 2 or 3 Highway Patrols traveling those routes. Enough to the point where I was pulled over by the same patrolwoman twice in 10+ years.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Boots can be re-soled/heeled many times..........

Most shoes are disposable............I do have an older pair of wing tips that have been re-soled...........yeah, I know wing tips = old geezer.....

Top Bottom