• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    Welcome to TGT. I too made my way from WA to TX.

I went to high school in Tacoma, then joined the military for a few decades. Upon retirement from the military, I had heard enough about WA that I never even considered retiring there. I go back from time to time, mostly to attend conferences. In the last one, I made the mistake of taking the train from Sea Tac to downtown Seattle. I chose an empty car, shared with one other person. She too wanted the privacy so she could smoke crack. The car reeked the whole way and I had to keep ignoring her while she tried to make incoherent small talk. Once the sun went down in downtown Seattle, then the visitors were grossly outnumbered by the homeless. Fortunately most were high--shooting up right on the street, sometimes across the street from cops--but I worried about those who needed money to get high.
    Lynx Defense

Last edited:

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    Because they know people from Oregon and Washington can’t read.

Woah before you get your Douglas fir bunched up, I’m from Oregon.
    Sam my displaced relatives use to take us to a place in Oregon called Netards. We crabbed,
    fished, dug clams, and hung out on a great sandy beach. Ever been there?

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I went to high school in Tacoma, then joined the military for a few decades. Upon retirement from the military, I had heard enough about WA that I never even considered retiring there. I go back from time to time, mostly to attend conferences. In the last one, I made the mistake of taking the train from Sea Tac to downtown. I chose an empty car, shared with one other person. She too wanted the privacy so she could smoke crack. The car reeked the whole way and I had to keep ignoring her while she tried to make incoherent small talk. Once the sun went down in downtown Seattle, then the visitors were grossly outnumbered by the homeless. Fortunately most were high--shooting up right on the street, sometimes across the street from cops--but I worried about those who needed money to get high.
    I hear ya. It makes me sad to see how Seattle has become. It was a beautiful city at one time. The parks in and around Seattle used to be a treat to visit when I was a kid, and when my children were kids. I used to think "I was born here, and I will die here", but that city doesn't exist anymore. It's sad to think that a smaller portion of Washington state gets to make all the rules for the much greater portion.

Eastexasrick

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    I believe that's Netarts.
    I will defer to you. I was young, from Texas, and it was a long time ago. But it was heaven on earth with all the fishing, food, and my uncles ice chest full of Olympia, that he did not keep an eye on. . And there was a local hottie at the bait shack that liked by accent.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I will defer to you. I was young, from Texas, and it was a long time ago. But it was heaven on earth with all the fishing, food, and my uncles ice chest full of Olympia, that he did not keep an eye on. . And there was a local hottie at the bait shack that liked by accent.
    If I remember rightly, it's near Tillamook on the coast. The coast is what I miss most, absolutely beautiful.

Eastexasrick

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    If I remember rightly, it's near Tillamook on the coast. The coast is what I miss most, absolutely beautiful.
    Yes, is. It has on a bay, with a spit of land that went quite a way into the ocean. We dug for razor clams on the spit, and cockles on the shore side beach. The older men went deep sea fishing, we tossed crab traps in the bay. That was absolutely beautiful. My cousins had small motorcycles they brought. I got to ride the coast. Bigass trees, sheer drops, and the cold blue Pacific. I love Texas, but we have tar balls, and salt marshes.

Johnny Diamond

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    US
    I hear ya. It makes me sad to see how Seattle has become. It was a beautiful city at one time. The parks in and around Seattle used to be a treat to visit when I was a kid, and when my children were kids. I used to think "I was born here, and I will die here", but that city doesn't exist anymore. It's sad to think that a smaller portion of Washington state gets to make all the rules for the much greater portion.
    Sadly enough that has happened in many places.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Sam my displaced relatives use to take us to a place in Oregon called Netards. We crabbed,
    fished, dug clams, and hung out on a great sandy beach. Ever been there?
    Netarts? If so I used to go out to tillamook and Oceanside a lot. Probably closer to @Sasquatch territory.

My stomping grounds where willamette valley to east Oregon.

jnynetwk

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2023
    Victoria, TX
    My wife and I didn't think we'd ever leave. It is a beautiful part of the country, mountains, water, it is gorgeous. But it got way too expensive and way too crazy.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Exactly how we felt about the Bay Area but I could not in good conscious continue supporting people who destroyed a good place.
    I used to love going TDY to the Bay Area in the early 90's. So many great places to eat.

I laughed my ass off when the people there started whining when all the bases closed. I remembered the protests against the military presence there.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    I used to love going TDY to the Bay Area in the early 90's. So many great places to eat.

I laughed my ass off when the people there started whining when all the bases closed. I remembered the protests against the military presence there.
    Some people still do to this day as they felt the gentrification was starting with the base closing first. The only idiots protesting the bases were idiot wannabe hippies and losers from Berkely with too much time on their hands wasting away air. These types were not welcomed anywhere else like the Moffett Field base and CANG field. They would get tomatoes thrown at them if they came.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Some people still do to this day as they felt the gentrification was starting with the base closing first. The only idiots protesting the bases were idiot wannabe hippies and losers from Berkely with too much time on their hands wasting away air. These types were not welcomed anywhere else like the Moffett Field base and CANG field. They would get tomatoes thrown at them if they came.
    Yes, but the local media propagated it. My idea of "careful what you wish for".

Top Bottom