• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Hoo, boy. In case you didn't know, Roger/Flash is flamboyantly intolerant of anyone who dares disagree with him like that.

Who wants to bet that when he sees that post, he'll do his incredibly tiresome, bog-standard "you-aren't-a-man-because-you-did-this-publicly-instead-of-privately-I-have-a-special-dispensation-to-publicly-say-stupid-stuff-because-I've-seen-and-done-more-than-everybody-here-and-I-will-never-admit-my-mistakes-publicly-so-you're-dead-to-me-and-so-I'm-gonna-rage-ignore-you!!!!!" schtick?

I've never made mention of it, but I can't imagine I'm alone in thinking this. To me Flash comes across as someone who perhaps embellishes a bit - he's done everything, been everywhere, knows everything. I honestly question each post he makes, quietly wondering how much is actually legit.
    Capitol Armory ad

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    I've never made mention of it, but I can't imagine I'm alone in thinking this. To me Flash comes across as someone who perhaps embellishes a bit - he's done everything, been everywhere, knows everything. I honestly question each post he makes, quietly wondering how much is actually legit.

That is far from an indictment in itself.

Hard to realize, until you reach a certain age, just how much experience and expertise can be obtained in many different disciplines in the span of a lifetime.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Honestly, I don't. I have enough technical knowledge about some of the minutea he spouts, specifically about his competitive shooting experiences, that I basically believe almost everything he says and am willing to defer to his experience on the rest.

IOW, I would never call into question his statements of demonstrable fact. His statements of his opinions AS fact, though, are another matter.

And again, this trends towards a discussion that I think should not be held publicly. I'm going to go do other things for a while, away from the computer, and decide if I want to continue in this thread this evening, after I've had a chance to see what direction it takes.

I know Flash has me on ignore but on the chance this is quoted and he gets to read it, I truly did not mean to turn this into a Flash-Bash. I have the utmost respect for his technical/firearms expertise.

At least for now, I'm going to leave it at that.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Everyone acts/reacts differently on different days, and we will all (some more than others) take out turn in the box.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.

What is that link thingy in your sig

Some guys social security number. :laughing:

Its not a link, but for some reason, it does show up as one for some, though it doesn't link to anywhere. My iPad thinks it's a phone number.

ETA- I couldn't even begin to tell you how to use Skype or anything like that. I'm about 15 years behind the curve. ;)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom