• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Hoo, boy. In case you didn't know, Roger/Flash is flamboyantly intolerant of anyone who dares disagree with him like that.

Who wants to bet that when he sees that post, he'll do his incredibly tiresome, bog-standard "you-aren't-a-man-because-you-did-this-publicly-instead-of-privately-I-have-a-special-dispensation-to-publicly-say-stupid-stuff-because-I've-seen-and-done-more-than-everybody-here-and-I-will-never-admit-my-mistakes-publicly-so-you're-dead-to-me-and-so-I'm-gonna-rage-ignore-you!!!!!" schtick?

I've never made mention of it, but I can't imagine I'm alone in thinking this. To me Flash comes across as someone who perhaps embellishes a bit - he's done everything, been everywhere, knows everything. I honestly question each post he makes, quietly wondering how much is actually legit.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    I've never made mention of it, but I can't imagine I'm alone in thinking this. To me Flash comes across as someone who perhaps embellishes a bit - he's done everything, been everywhere, knows everything. I honestly question each post he makes, quietly wondering how much is actually legit.

That is far from an indictment in itself.

Hard to realize, until you reach a certain age, just how much experience and expertise can be obtained in many different disciplines in the span of a lifetime.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Honestly, I don't. I have enough technical knowledge about some of the minutea he spouts, specifically about his competitive shooting experiences, that I basically believe almost everything he says and am willing to defer to his experience on the rest.

IOW, I would never call into question his statements of demonstrable fact. His statements of his opinions AS fact, though, are another matter.

And again, this trends towards a discussion that I think should not be held publicly. I'm going to go do other things for a while, away from the computer, and decide if I want to continue in this thread this evening, after I've had a chance to see what direction it takes.

I know Flash has me on ignore but on the chance this is quoted and he gets to read it, I truly did not mean to turn this into a Flash-Bash. I have the utmost respect for his technical/firearms expertise.

At least for now, I'm going to leave it at that.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Everyone acts/reacts differently on different days, and we will all (some more than others) take out turn in the box.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.

What is that link thingy in your sig

Some guys social security number. :laughing:

Its not a link, but for some reason, it does show up as one for some, though it doesn't link to anywhere. My iPad thinks it's a phone number.

ETA- I couldn't even begin to tell you how to use Skype or anything like that. I'm about 15 years behind the curve. ;)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom