• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nio

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2016
    Hello busykngt,

thanks a lot for your input, but unfortunataly changing the way we look at gun laws here in Holland is a battle lost before begining.
    The overall feeling that guns create more damage instead of preventing damage cannot be discussed.
    Venture Surplus ad

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Given the history of Europe, especially over the past 70-80 years, one would hope countries would adopt more of a Swiss approach to firearms than what most countries in the EU have. :(

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Hahahaa steenkolenengels WONDERFULL!!!!!!

Or "Dunglish," as it's known in English slang...

I worked with a lot of Dutch military personnel during my tours with NATO, and always enjoyed the experience. Their English was usually outstanding, and I remembered one time happening upon two of them talking in Dutch and for a second I was taken back at hearing it! Their English was so good that for some reason thought it was the only language they used! :D

Grtz! M2

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I've known the owner of the local auto parts store for nearly 25 years. Ronnie, like any good grandpa, had a young granddaughter visiting often, so he locked ALL of his firearms up in a safe.

One night, a man with an extensive criminal record, broke into their house. Ronnie fought with the guy bare handed while Linda, Ronnie's wife beat the bad guy with the handle of an antique farm tool. The guy ran off but not before he stabbed Ronnie 11 times.

The guy was caught and sentenced to prison. Ronnie healed up and is still as feisty as ever.

The bottom line here, is that US courts have ruled that Police have NO requirements under our laws to protect citizens from harm. If Ronnie sued the cops for not protecting him, he would lose. The duty to protect ourselves and our families falls to each of us and we need the tools to accomplish that.

Welcome to TGT! Tell us more about Holland! May I suggest that you start a thread entitled "Gun Laws In Holland"? It should be very interesting!

Flash

Nio

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2016
    Hello Roger,

thanks a lot for your reaction, and indeed maybe I should start a thread about gun laws in Holland as they are stupid.
    Asmuch as I love my country, I hate it for it's small minded policys

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Welcome to the forum, Nio:)

I would be interested in a thread showing what it looks like over there since I've never been, and I probably won't ever be able to. I'd also be interested in pictures of the immigrants and things they do if you can take any or share pics from your local news. I'll pass those along over here.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Nio

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2016
    It is not as bad compared to a war zone, but every were people are starting to resist the oncomming wave of migrants in my country.
    When there are new housing facility's for migrantsare beeing build up, riots are starting to occur by the local people resisting these plans performed by the government.
    The only thing our politicians are interested in is doing a good job for Brussels (EU) so they have a nice financial future of their own.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Howdy

Freedoms, once lost, are rarely regained.
    Good luck to both of us, for we are rapidly joining you.

Nio

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2016
    Hello Karlac,

it seems that survival is going to be the key word for future generations to come.
    Ijust hope that my children and future grandchildren don't have to suffer from the mistakes our government are making at the moment

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Hey Nio,

I see that you're reaching for some legal mens of defending yourself. Before we had legal concealed carry, I carried a "Cane Master" cane. Cane Masters are stout and I have one in solid Hickory and one in Oak. They have a whole series of self defense moves and put them on video tape.

No one thinks a thing about an old goat like me carrying a cane and the carnage the canes can do is enough to make a man wince! In Texas, we refer to items like this as "opening a giant can of Whupass!" Having the cane look so mundane, harmless and carried with no regulation, makes it even better! I can take my CaneMaster cane anywhere.

I'll post a link to CaneMasters.
    https://twitter.com/CaneMasters

Flash

Last edited:

Nio

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2016
    Flash,

yes as an alternative i got myself a black Belgian malinois and trained it for the last 1.5 years at an police dog school.
    He's really a top dog social to people, children and other dogs. But when I tell him to attack he goes of like a dog with rabies.
    If you wan't I can send you some film of him.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Flash,

yes as an alternative i got myself a black Belgian malinois and trained it for the last 1.5 years at an police dog school.
    He's really a top dog social to people, children and other dogs. But when I tell him to attack he goes of like a dog with rabies.
    If you wan't I can send you some film of him.

Having owned a Malinois, I have first hand experience in their effectiveness.

Nio

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2016
    Hello ZX9RCAM,

than you have to agree that they are the nr1 dog in the world when it comes personal defence and what purpose you can find. The are top in everything you teach them. Do you still own Malinois?

sdismukes

Bending nails and making sawdust
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2014
    Erath County
    Welcom op de firum! Glad to have you with us.

I've had the opportunity to visit Holland several times, and to drive through the country a bit. I was always impressed at the friendliness of your people, and the willingness to speak English. Some of your neighbors aren't so understanding, but then again Dutch is not easy to learn (come to think of it, neither is English!!). I speak at least some French, Spanish and Portuguese, and that helps with your neighbors!

We used to have similar laws here in Texas in the 1970's and even 80's. If our house were broken into, we had to surrender the house to the burglar - leave! If we were trapped, say in an upstairs closet, then we could only resist with the same level of force the burglar had. if he had a 10cm knife, we had to ask him to wait while we went to the kitchen to get a 10cm knife (not 11!!), so we could then have a knife fight. What happened in real life was the burglar would be shot, the homeowner arrested and taken before the Grand Jury to see if charges would be laid, and a trial held. In every case the Grand Jury (when circumstances were as I described, there not being provocations or other confusing situations) refused to indict the homeowner. In some cases the Sheriff would help drag the body inside the home, if needed, to make the ruling simpler! Eventually the people had enough of the hypocrisy, and we started electing like-minded representatives.

As was noted in an earlier post, we never had a King. In the US history we arrived to a land with no king, no standing army. We were free to settle the land, and therefore responsible for our own safety. The local inhabitants were relatively few, and disorganized. Those that were more organized, like the Comanche, were able to stop westward migration until they were eventually, over 40-50 years, defeated. Guns were part and parcel of this. When we needed a militia to defend against bands of Indians, or foreign troops, we gathered our guns and became a militia. Then we went home, with our guns. We still see this as a valid reason to keep guns. Try telling any of the Louis' or Georges or the Kaisers or whoever that you wanted a free country, free elections, the right to be independent.... His army would have been on you in seconds. That never had the opportunity to exist here. Europe has since evolved, but the history of those days (again as noted above) is carried with you.

You are perhaps a new leader in Holland - one who may help lead your people out of this swamp of political correctness, open immigration, and lack of self defense you find yourselves in. Tough fight, but you sound like just the man to get involved.

How is Wilders seen in your country these days?

The very best of luck and success to you! I look forward to seeing more of your posts!

Last edited:

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Hello ZX9RCAM,

than you have to agree that they are the nr1 dog in the world when it comes personal defence and what purpose you can find. The are top in everything you teach them. Do you still own Malinois?

Absolutely!
    No sir, unfortunately she passed away about 8yrs ago.

ETA: My avatar is a GSD male I owned that has also passed.

Last edited:

Nio

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2016
    Hello sdismukes,

thanks for the great reply, sharing information on a platform like this can really work as an eye-opener and as a way of stepping out of the European baby-sitting mentality. The way my Country and Europe is going is somewhat feeling like a down-words spiral and things are quickly seem to be falling apart. There is a major diverence between left and right minded people greater than ever, leaving the somewhat natural orientated in a vacuum position. Witch way to choose seems to be our quest for the years to come.
    In the beginning 95% of the people thought of Wilders as a mad man with Nazi ideas. But now and days he is more popular than our own king, and even the highly educated people start becoming aware that a statement has to be made, and they do so by voting for Wilders.
    For myself I don't have any political ambitions, I only want a save place for my kids and their kids to grow up in in the future. And yes if that takes violence to protect our country and family I would be the fist person standing on the front line defending our values.
    But in some sad way it seems that defending your home and culture in Europe is not accepted and we have to kneel for Brussel and their well paid politicians.

Top Bottom