• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nio

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2016
    question: when you own a gun or buy a gun in Texas does this gun have to be registrated.
    Hurley's Gold

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Not in Texas. Some states, yes.
    Due to my schedule, sometimes I get behind on posts. Saw your thread on laws and will look throught it later.
    Are pistol crossbows legal there? They would be a little easier to handle in a hurry and at 75 pounds, definately enough power. Neither is much good against multiple attackers though. Really fun too.

from an idgit coffeeholic

Nio

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2016
    The only thing the crosbow does for me is give me That walking dead series feeling haha.
    I am now looking for other ways to get a firearm without making contact with local criminals haha.
    When I Was 18 my country send me to Bosnia Sarajevo where there was war. I was only two months in the army before I Was send on my first mission, then I was allowed to carrie an UZI. Now I am a hard working responsible family man who has served His country and Has no criminal record what so ever and I can Carry none.......... Why

shinnosuke

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    San Antonio
    The only thing the crosbow does for me is give me That walking dead series feeling haha.
    I am now looking for other ways to get a firearm without making contact with local criminals haha.
    When I Was 18 my country send me to Bosnia Sarajevo where there was war. I was only two months in the army before I Was send on my first mission, then I was allowed to carrie an UZI. Now I am a hard working responsible family man who has served His country and Has no criminal record what so ever and I can Carry none.......... Why

You sound like our kind of man. Here's my suggestion: Move to Texas. I'll pay half of your first month's rent.

Nio

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2016
    Shinnosuke I really think I would have more connection with the Texas mentality than the European ones. Man Some fun I would have shooting at an open gun ranch in Texas.....what a dream

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Forum members hold 2 large shooting events each year.
    Would sure be a good opportunity for you to shoot a myriad of guns in one place, if you had a visit to Texas.

Nio

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2016
    ZX9RCAM,

What are the dates for these events?
    Is it multiple days?
    Where in Texas is it and are there hotels in the area?

Alltough it is a long trip for doing some shooting, it maybe could be an awsome idea

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    First saturday in April and October. One day event. There are motels close by but no big hotels. Austin and Waco are a little over an hour away. It is held at Hicksville gun range in Gatesville Texas. Would be cool if you could make it to one of them. Lots of things to sight see as well in Texas while you were here.

sent from an idgit coffeeholic

Nio

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2016
    Do I have to bring my own ammo, or can I just step into the local texas gunshop and buy me some. Because here in Holland it's not even possible to buy ammo

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    You can buy your own, but there would probably be plenty for you to shoot several rounds out of several guns.

Texans are friendly folks.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Do I have to bring my own ammo, or can I just step into the local texas gunshop and buy me some. Because here in Holland it's not even possible to buy ammo
    Buy as much as you want. Buy a box of 50 or a few cases of 1,000, nobody will question you at all.

Chirpy

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Hutto, TX (kinda)

Guns stores sell ammo, WalMart sells ammo, get far enough out in the country and convenience stores and hardware stores sell ammo.

Top Bottom