• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nio

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2016
    For me That really sounds unbelievable just walking into a gunshop and buy yourself a gun and lots of amo. I would go crazy because I probably could not choose wich gun to buy. Colt python, 1911, S&W 626, or go for the Glock...........That would be a real dream come true
    Capitol Armory ad

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    For me That really sounds unbelievable just walking into a gunshop and buy yourself a gun and lots of amo. I would go crazy because I probably could not choose wich gun to buy. Colt python, 1911, S&W 626, or go for the Glock...........That would be a real dream come true

Choices! That's the hard part. You just have to buy one of each! :banana:

Nio

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2016
    I just checked an online American gunstore, also the prices are super and really Every gun available that you can think of. Sadly they don't want to send one to Holland

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Welcome, Nio.

Do I have to bring my own ammo, or can I just step into the local texas gunshop and buy me some. Because here in Holland it's not even possible to buy ammo
    If you show up to one of the Hicksville shoots, find me. You won't have to buy any ammo and you can shoot all you want.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Kinda reminds me of those funny journalist that report, "...the shooter had a stock pile of 2,000 rounds of ammo!" (I just smile and think, I could show 'em what a real "stock pile" looks like).

I would dare say most of us here, would consider 2,000 rounds to be time to re-order!

Last edited:

Nio

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2016
    These protests are starting all over the country now. Thanks for finding and sharing this info

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    Welcome, Nio.

If you show up to one of the Hicksville shoots, find me. You won't have to buy any ammo and you can shoot all you want.

I'm sure MOST of us that are there would offer ammo and firearms to shoot for the day. A lot of us have 40 or 50 different caliber/gauge firearms. I usually bring 5 or 10 different ones from my collection.

Just find someone and tell them you are the new guy from another Country that needs to try as many as possible in one day.

Black Powder to full auto!!!!!

bob

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I'm sure MOST of us that are there would offer ammo and firearms to shoot for the day.
    Quoted for truth and, just to be clear, I certainly didn't mean to imply otherwise. I've been the beneficiary of some amazing generosity at Hicksville and I'm sure Nio would be treated royally.

Just find someone and tell them you are the new guy from another Country that needs to try as many as possible in one day.
    That is a brilliant idea! We should make it a Hicksville rule that anyone visiting from abroad gets dibs on anything they see. Personally, I'd like to see the word taken home to as many countries as possible. There's some good work being done to re-establish gun rights in parts of Europe (mostly being coordinated out of Italy, if you can believe it) and if us Texans can contribute in the slightest, I say we go for it.

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Welcome Nio!

Quoted for truth and, just to be clear, I certainly didn't mean to imply otherwise. I've been the beneficiary of some amazing generosity at Hicksville and I'm sure Nio would be treated royally.

That is a brilliant idea! We should make it a Hicksville rule that anyone visiting from abroad gets dibs on anything they see. Personally, I'd like to see the word taken home to as many countries as possible. There's some good work being done to re-establish gun rights in parts of Europe (mostly being coordinated out of Italy, if you can believe it) and if us Texans can contribute in the slightest, I say we go for it.

Once again, Ben has a Good Idea. I'm all for it. I know you would be welcome to shoot anything from my stable.

Nio

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2016
    Once again thanks for the warm welkom, I am happy to be part of this forum.....super!

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    Welcome Nio!

Once again, Ben has a Good Idea. I'm all for it. I know you would be welcome to shoot anything from my stable.

Rebel
    I just got my 1933 Remington Model 14 chambered in .30 Remington today so I can bring BOTH the models 8 and 14 (and a BUNCH of 30 Remington ammo) to the April meet at Hicksville (if I can make it). I DOUBT anyone will have their own ammo for these!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look for my YouTube video of converting 30 WCF to 30 Rem. It is 'Processing' now as I type.

bob

Top Bottom