Do NOT enter my home.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    One shot, better make it good.

Even if you miss, the blast will kill anything 15ft forward of the muzzle!

To answer the OP- for indoors use I have a Glock 22 w/tritium sights, +2 extension and X2 flashlight.

For outside I have a Mossberg 500 w/modified cheapy flashlight (put the LED of a Surefire G2 into a Hugsby S3).

Red Dawn long-range heavy duty total war calls for the PTR-91.

jtriron

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    HoustonTexas
    This is a good question, Now that I live alone, I have a weapon in every room of my home.
    Suppose my Mossy 500 would be my GO TO first gun / but my STI Tac 5 has shot the center out of several targets lately.
    And old blue AK just waits for her turn to shine.
    Glock
    Sig
    Dan Wesson
    CZ
    Not enough time for the knifes here..

Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas
    This is a good question, Now that I live alone, I have a weapon in every room of my home.
    Suppose my Mossy 500 would be my GO TO first gun / but my STI Tac 5 has shot the center out of several targets lately.
    And old blue AK just waits for her turn to shine.
    Glock
    Sig
    Dan Wesson
    CZ
    Not enough time for the knifes here..

Yep, what good is an unloaded gun? What good is a gun in the bedroom if you are not there. I keep them in different rooms and loaded. Of course precautions taken when kids around but seldom happens. Live in middle of nowhere, first they have to get through the gate. As they come up the drive the Great Dane and two mini pins will alert anyone that someone is here. While the dane has them scared and worried the real worry attacks them in the legs and ankles, the mini pins lol. Seriously they are the ones to watch out for. By this time I have a couple guns on me and acess to others with lots of ammo.

Thankfully I am no longer in Illinois. Then I only carried one in the home and had to unbolt a secret spot in the double wall of an upstairs attic and hide stuff when away for anytime. Gunfire in the neighborhood daily, drug deal, murders you name it. Now armed to the hilt in the open and probably never have to worry here.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Was about to say, you may have needed to actually affix bayonets. ;) LOL

Hah, that mosin bayonet never goes far back enough to turn and lock on, but whenever I tried to affix it, it got stuck :D

Very impractical for home defense, but I could stab a thief from 2 rooms away haha

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Hah, that mosin bayonet never goes far back enough to turn and lock on, but whenever I tried to affix it, it got stuck :D

Very impractical for home defense, but I could stab a thief from 2 rooms away haha

That or, with that caliber, simply shoot through all the walls from the other side of the house! ;) I'll say this much, at night, the muzzle flash would be glorious!

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    P220 loaded with 230 grain HSTs.
    AR15, 20 rounds of Remington PSP over FMJ.
    Remington 870 with 20" barrel and 7 round mag stuffed full of 00B.
    AKM and 20 rounds of soft point.
    Rossi 4" .38 special revolver.
    My buddy's Golan .40 is sitting somewhere handy...
    Soon: P226.

Whatever else I might pick up - knives, collapsible baton, empty beer bottles... I've got a little bit of everything over here!

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    LOL it's a 91/30, so every thing is burnt by the time the bullet exits the muzzle. No flash at all unfortunately. I've thought of hacking it down to 16" barrel, but even though it's the most common nagant ever I can't do that w/out feeling bad haha.

An Ideal home defense gun for me would be the smallest non NFA barrel'd shotgun I can get, preferably an 870, with one bore thunder, and the rest 00 buck. Might as well blind and deafen the BG's into surrendering before I have to actually shoot them.

EDIT: Wait, scratch that bore thunder. I doubt i'd be already wearing ear protection in the event that someone invades my house lol, assuming that bore thunder is louder than your standard 12 gauge round. I enjoy my sense of hearing.

double_r76

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Cibolo
    Whichever Glock is handy... unless the safe is open, then it's the Benelli M3 Super 90. If I have to go outside, I'm taking the Noveske Mk18. It's too loud to shoot inside. :)

-Randy

Top Bottom