• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johnsecurity

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2011
    Watauga, Texas
    I remember as a kid, 410 was a round to shoot, as a starting gauge, for kids. I'm talking about shotguns. For the 410 in shotgun use, I feel the same as with the 410 in handgun use, go to something with more "effectiveness". The 45 colt chambering is a good alternative for it. But the two-in-one handgun(s), falls short. Of what other handguns can do of a single chambering...ie 9mm, 357, etc. [leaving out conversion kits]. As one sees in that video.
    I see it as a marketing idea for a camping, survival handgun, at that. And what I mean by "survival" is....if one has to shoot a snake. Protection...
    Shoot a bird, rabbit for food. Not for bad-guy zombies [smile] though. As the guy in the video "says" different.
    Target Sports

johnnymayhem

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2011
    odessa
    mossberg 500 and a springfield xd40

If anything were to happen i would get the mossberg first since i live in an apartment. I wouldnt want to hurt any neighbors

American ME!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    North Texas
    No. Not only inaccurate but underpowered. Relying on pain and/or fear to stop someone from killing you is not a sound plan.

The truth? Anything that's worth a damn at incapacitating an angry mofo that wants you dead is going to go through walls. Plan accordingly and train, train, train. There isn't really such a thing as "over-penetration." If a bullet reaches the vital organs of your target, it has done its job. There is such a thing as under-penetration, and it gets people killed. If your shot doesn't reach vital organs and/or vital structures in your target, it has failed.

And THAT is the bottom line!

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    [/U][/I][/B]

And THAT is the bottom line!

Pretty much. The bottom line is you still on your feet and unharmed. Who cares about the state of the other guy. Whether he leaves upright or feet-first, you need to go to sleep unharmed by the incident.

To do that, you'll wind up having to be more ruthless, brutal and violent than the scumbag trying to hurt you. Don't feel bad for him, don't hesitate. He made his choice when he came into your home.

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    Primary has been an FNP40 with tac light. Adding an FN TPS 12ga to the mix. I keep an Sp101 357mag handy for thewife, but I would damn sure grab it if needed!

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    ADT alarm that is not connected to ADT. I simply use it as an alerting system. With it armed any windows or doors that are opened forced or other wise will sound a VERY loud alarm. Loud enough for neighbors a block away to hear it.

On top of that I usually have the AR15 somewhere close by. Assuming I'm not going to work I've also got my Glock 26 on me that is my CC piece.

I figure there's a good chance the alarm will scare them off due to the noise but if it doesn't there's enough firepower in the house to repel an assualt from a thug.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Survive? ... Who's going to **** with a guy with a flamethrower in his own house.

heheh hell you can jsut modify an old ghostbusters costume and stuck a lit tiki torch in the end of the proton gun... not liek youd actually have to fire the thing hahah

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    that is epic.

Man_the_Harpoons.jpg

Top Bottom