• ...and so much more!
  • navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    It's called "hunting" not shooting. If you want just pure shooting, go to Argentina and shoot ducks, and doves until your arm falls off.

Back when I used to bow hunt, I can't count how many deer I let pass because the shot was not perfect, or the deer was not to my liking. But I still enjoyed it.

I guess it's not for everyone, and I'll admit I've not made the commitment recently.. partially because of no time, and partially just a bit lazy. After I do a few things this year, I may try to find a lease with someone and get back into it.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    you're welcome mr. Smarty pants. It's central to have the proper stool if you're gonna carry it and walk all day long. I'd hate for someone to try it carrying this by mistake

ebfgp.net-wooden-chairs.jpg

lmfao!!!!!

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I don't like deer hunting. It's boring.
    I know where you're coming from. When I was a kid my dad took me deer hunting a couple times, but I thought it was extremely boring. Couldn't hang with it... I think part of the problem is that he had already done all the interesting stuff, like the tracking and picking out the best place for your stand. It's still a lot of sitting a waiting. I can understand why some people use dogs.

I always had more fun hunting squirrels and rabbits.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Went on a couple of deer hunts in Germany. Very regulated. You go out with the local Jaegermeister (sorta like a game warden) and he picks the deer (Reh) and tells you when to shoot. We hunted public and private lands (mostly forests), but since the State owned the game, the land owner had no claim to your hunting back then.

The most enjoyable hunting I've found back home was Pheasant in Kansas. Fellow I knew had permission from several land owners to hunt on their property at no charge.

All those fine people asked was that we pick up any trash we ran across, not climb any fences, close all gates after us, and let them have one of the birds we bagged (their choice).

Only thing I hunt in Texas these days is squirrel -- fishing is more productive and you don't need a lease to land a keeper!

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Try bow hunting you'll never be the same. I still have a deer rifle but I've yet to kill anything with it. Had to notches on the 30-30 I traded off. I wish I still had it. But the stick and string is a hole nother ball game.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

stx kid

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    laredo
    Personally I hunt to manage the land. over population = starving animals..

mind you hogs are shot on site.. mmmm.. pork.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Deer isn't as fun, but it still tastes good, I'd second doing a bow...

Personally, dove and duck are where it is at IMO. I love going out blasting a couple boxes of shells, picking up the one bird I actually hit and going home.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Deer isn't as fun, but it still tastes good, I'd second doing a bow...

Personally, dove and duck are where it is at IMO. I love going out blasting a couple boxes of shells, picking up the one bird I actually hit and going home.

That soooo sounds like me, lol.....

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I go with my friend to his place in Mt. Home, Tx to eat steak (cooked over the campfire), Dutch oven baked potatos, hot bread, and generally hang out with friends and have a beer or two. I've done all the killin' I want to do (except hogs) and am now the cook. They get up at some unknown hour of the morning when it's freezin' ass cold and dead ass dark and head to a blind or tree where they can freeze their ass off for a couple of hours waitin' for a scrawny deer to walk by. I start a fire in the cabin and go back to sleep a while. I enjoyed going with my father for many years but mainly just to hang out with him and other men on the lease. I do shoot paper (especially when hunting season is NOT in progress) as I find it sooo much easier to clean!

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I go with my friend to his place in Mt. Home, Tx to eat steak (cooked over the campfire), Dutch oven baked potatos, hot bread, and generally hang out with friends and have a beer or two. I've done all the killin' I want to do (except hogs) and am now the cook. They get up at some unknown hour of the morning when it's freezin' ass cold and dead ass dark and head to a blind or tree where they can freeze their ass off for a couple of hours waitin' for a scrawny deer to walk by. I start a fire in the cabin and go back to sleep a while. I enjoyed going with my father for many years but mainly just to hang out with him and other men on the lease. I do shoot paper (especially when hunting season is NOT in progress) as I find it sooo much easier to clean!

Every camp needs a good woman to cook and clean

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DSDExpresso
    Top Bottom