• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I cook and eat, no cleaning. Basically just start them taters early, I wouldn't dare cook somebody else's steak (I want no responsibility).

(Damn hippie! )

I do have to say, one of my favorite parts of hunting is hanging out at the camp swapping lies (I mean hunting stories), eating some good food, and having a few drinks. Probably why I like fishing even though I never catch anything when I go.
    Texas SOT

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    If you can, consider hunting with a bow.. not from a blind, but ninja style. Gotta be quiet, sneaky, smooth, and precise. It is the best (most fun) way to hunt.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Here in georgetown, people feed deer in their front yard. I grit my teeth everytime I see a deer here.

Here's another story for the masses.

Had a girlfriend, whos aunt let us hunt. Property on the outskirts of Killeen. About 50 acres. Well we stay the night and get up in the morning. We walk to the deer blind. The glass door, decorated inside and out, with mini porch, deer stand. The feeder was 25yards from the shooting window.

This lady said to throw some sweet feed she had under the feeder. So as I walk out and throw some. Deer run up like freakin pets. I mean run like a cat to a can opener. It was sad. I get back in the "stand." Like it made a difference. As I'm watching for something worth killing. These women are talking about dillards and stupid ass christmas decorations. The deer under the feeder would just look up from time to time. Guess they liked dillards too?

They let me use a gun. A rem 700 in 270. The only thing with a rack, popped its head out at 100yards. I liquidified his guts at that range. Right after the shot, you hear,"I don't think you shot it, I can't see it, you didnt shoot it, dilliards has a sale".

So to keep from choking my "stand" mates. I walk out to the rather young buck with really bad luck. Drag his heavy butt 100+ yards. get blood on everything, all the time hearing about GD dilliards.

What has deer hunting become????

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Here in georgetown, people feed deer in their front yard. I grit my teeth everytime I see a deer here.

Had a girlfriend, whos aunt let us hunt. Property on the outskirts of Killeen. About 50 acres. Well we stay the night and get up in the morning. We walk to the deer blind. The glass door, decorated inside and out, with mini porch, deer stand. The feeder was 25yards from the shooting window.

This lady said to throw some sweet feed she had under the feeder. So as I walk out and throw some. Deer run up like freakin pets. I mean run like a cat to a can opener. It was sad. I get back in the "stand." Like it made a difference. As I'm watching for something worth killing. These women are talking about dillards and stupid ass christmas decorations. The deer under the feeder would just look up from time to time. Guess they liked dillards too?

They let me use a gun. A rem 700 in 270. The only thing with a rack, popped its head out at 100yards. I liquidified his guts at that range. Right after the shot, you hear,"I don't think you shot it, I can't see it, you didnt shoot it, dilliards has a sale".

So to keep from choking my "stand" mates. I walk out to the rather young buck with really bad luck. Drag his heavy butt 100+ yards. get blood on everything, all the time hearing about GD dilliards.

Is that where you were aiming???

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston

Sounds like you're complaining about a situation that was under your control. You didn't have to hunt and you didn't have to shoot, so i don't get the bitching.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    If it was a small buck and you didn't like how the "hunt" was going then why did you shoot it?

LOL, I shot him cause he stuck his head out. He was the biggest buck on the property. 7 point. Still bell county small.

This was 50 acres outside Killeen Tx. There all small deer. I never said I don't like eating deer. Just find hunting the critters boring. The hunt was going fine if like hearing how bunny boots were on sale in the temple mall.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Sounds like you're complaining about a situation that was under your control. You didn't have to hunt and you didn't have to shoot, so i don't get the bitching.

Kind sir,

Its not a bitch by any means. Re read it. Its funny.

Hunting deer in a stand with two women cackling over what to buy at dilliards. Only having Oprah playing on a small tv would have been better. Good God man, these women decorated the inside of this thing. thats just not right. There should be a law against curtains in a deer stand. The damn things were lace!

And I don't know a man alive that has control over a woman shopping in dilliards.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Guys here's my point.

Deer season is when deer act the most stupid. The males have a rack. The females ain't pregnant. There all horny and we know how that effects judgement. Its like a big animal toga party.

Ive bow hunted. I love Hoyt bows. But I rather bow fish then deer hunt. Deer just fall dead after a little run. A 35# carp gets pissed off.

Deer hunting is way too short. In the greater scheme of hunting for meat. Its just too damn easy.

Sure I could hang out a tree with a knife and jump on one. Get kicked in the face while i do it too. I enjoy game thats hard to hunt with a gun. That don't run right up to a bag of corn.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    :sign0101:

Thread is about deer hunting and Dillards. Fishing is off limits.
    Try to pay attention

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    Loved to hunt, wish I still could - but leases being what they are, it's just not worth it. Enjoyed the comradarie as much as anything else, and really enjoyed having the kids along - had some very special, memorable times over the years!

I miss deer camp as well. Was born and lived in Oklahoma until I went into military a year out of high school. We didn't have huge South Texas size ranches to hunt on and no high fenced land. Just hunt on kinfolks land or friends land and didn't have to pay a lease fee. Those were the good ole days.

texas_bae

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Sachse, TX
    Born and raised hunting in south Louisiana. Ducks, doves, deer, squirrels, snipe, woodcock, rabbits. Loved every minute of it. Then I moved to Texas. Nearly every hunting opportunity requires a bankroll. I admit I have lost the desire to hunt that I once had. However, I will say, I've never had better food or friendships than those shared around a camp fire at hunting camp.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Deer hunting in Texas has become BIG bitness. And I pissed off all my friends with family land when I grew up and didn't do stupid..... as much stupid shit anymore as they did. So I rarely get to eat deer anymore but blasting hogs that cause problems is still cheap nut usually we waste a lot of hog as we don't eat everything we kill all the time but it's been awhile on the pigs to. They are going the way of deer. And I refuse to pay a rancher to solve his pig problem.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Born and raised hunting in south Louisiana. Ducks, doves, deer, squirrels, snipe, woodcock, rabbits. Loved every minute of it. Then I moved to Texas. Nearly every hunting opportunity requires a bankroll. I admit I have lost the desire to hunt that I once had. However, I will say, I've never had better food or friendships than those shared around a camp fire at hunting camp.

Some of my passion for hunting has faded as well, for the same reason. What part of South Louisiana?

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Aim was on middle shoulder. His lungs sprayed out his nose. Hense liquidfied

270 @ 100yards? You could have popped him in the butt at that range and there's gonna be some major carnage.

I was always a kneck shooter.
    Did not realize a "shoulder hit" would liquify the guts as you say.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DSDExpresso
    Top Bottom