• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nate C

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Black Cat Ridge
    Some people do not get to experience deer hunting because they don't own property and the prices associated with a lease are beyond their budget; and yet here this guy is with free access to TWO separate places (one of them in Mountain Home, no less!), and he's complaining...

If deer hunting bores you, give feral hog hunting a try, using only catch dogs and a knife. MUCH more dynamic.

Rangel

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    Crosby Tx
    I've been deer hunting one time. When I was about 7. Wish I could go again. Or any kind of hunting for that matter.

And no I don't want to go snipe hunting.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Mike D Texas

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Parker County
    Deer hunting in Texas is what you make of it. You can sit In a box 100 yards away watching a feeder or you can get out and rattle and spot and stalk. Nothing says you have to follow the sheep.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Some people do not get to experience deer hunting because they don't own property and the prices associated with a lease are beyond their budget; and yet here this guy is with free access to TWO separate places (one of them in Mountain Home, no less!), and he's complaining...

If deer hunting bores you, give feral hog hunting a try, using only catch dogs and a knife. MUCH more dynamic.

Are you referring to me? If so, where is my "other" place? And we do hunt hogs (but this thread is about deer hunting). I never complain, got nothing to complain about! To each his own.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I was referring to the original post.

Ahhh....I see. 'Scuze me for making that mistake. When I saw the "Mountain Home" reference, I just assumed (yeah, I know what it makes me!) you were talking about my post. Hog hunting at night in West Kerr County is great. Lights, red dots, lasers, suppressors, etc. .......... all the neat stuff. And there are a LOT more hogs than deer.

TexasShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Houston
    I love deer hunting. I don't do the game ranches. I like the old school hunts. Sitting under a big tree and waiting for the right one. I don't just shoot the first thing that walks in front of me. I like to find the "right" one. It's about patience and the peace and quiet of the outdoors. It gives me time to relax and clear my mind.

We have plenty of hogs that I can shoot left and right all year round. It's the deer that I get excited about. Beautiful, majestic creatures.

No baiting or feeding. Just the thrill of seeing one. I don't go out every hunt and expect to see something to shoot. In fact this past season I didn't see one worth my time to clean up so I chose not to shoot. But I still enjoyed sitting and watching.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    It's boring. Clacking horns together? I'm out. Buying or building a stand, I'm out. Paying to hunt a half breed goat, Nope.

If i want horns on my wall, the flea markets full of them.

I want to hunt something that don't jump in front of cars, and eats the flowers out my yard.

jtriron

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    HoustonTexas
    It's boring. Clacking horns together? I'm out. Buying or building a stand, I'm out. Paying to hunt a half breed goat, Nope.

I want to hunt something that don't jump in front of cars, and eats the flowers out my yard.

The bars up and down Washington Ave. are full of potential game, and you don't need a hunting permit to score a hit.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

Half breed goat? WTF....

I never hunted for the horns, they're tough as hell no matter how long you boil'em and taste terrible. And for clarification, they're antlers. Thats like calling a magazine a clip.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Half breed goat? WTF....

I never hunted for the horns, they're tough as hell no matter how long you boil'em and taste terrible. And for clarification, they're antlers. Thats like calling a magazine a clip.

If I yelled, "look at the horns on that buck!". You'd still look.

And I call all my magazines, "Bullet Retaining Module Dispensing Device".

This isn't about hunting for meat or hunting for horns. I simply find the whole deer hunting thing BORING.

How sporting is it to clack horns together. At a raging horny animal. We all know he ain't using the right brain. Hes ass gets shot for it? Its funny when you think of it.

Top Bottom