• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    Hell it wasn't till I hit about 22 that I started having those "Ohhh shit my parents were right" epiphanies, and I had alot of them :roflsmile:

It took you that long? Hell, I was experiencing that as soon as I finished my first semester in college :banghead:

And the ones that know less about guns or gun laws than they do about customer service.

Truth. Good thing that's not the case in College Station.

-TXG-

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    People on this site get in pissing matches over petty shit.

no wonder the anti gun liberals are making headway.

we can't agree on much of anything, but we sure wad some panties.
    Oh yah! Something else I hate. Wadded panties!

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    The pressure needed to grip a flimsy ass water bottle to lift it is enough to cause it to crumple.
    Can't even take the cap off without getting wet.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Hell it wasn't till I hit about 22 that I started having those "Ohhh shit my parents were right" epiphanies,...

OTOH, I hate it when adults never figure out that their parents were idiots. All too often, people automatically raise their kids like their parents raised them. They don't think it through. They never realize "Y'know, my mom and dad really were stupid and I shouldn't repeat their mistakes."

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I hate it when people try to shove black eyed peas in my face on New Years.

Guess what; I believe that you make your own luck and I hate f'n black eyed peas all year long.

F'k that nasty shit.

Put that in your swear jar meemaw.

Yeah I hate swear jars too. It's like a voluntary tax on my God given, Constitutionally enumerated right to speak freely.

Take your censorship and go back to nazi Russia meemaw!

I started reading this in Sheldon's voice as soon as I saw "meemaw"

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    OTOH, I hate it when adults never figure out that their parents were idiots. All too often, people automatically raise their kids like their parents raised them. They don't think it through. They never realize "Y'know, my mom and dad really were stupid and I shouldn't repeat their mistakes."

Very true. I think my ex is about to become one of those examples. Just found out recently the loser she cheated on me with knocked her up. And this is a guy that me and my roommates actually tried for 6 months to help him find a job and get on his feet while living at our house. He got one job and got fired and never really tried again after that so we kicked him out. Hes been living with my ex for about 4 months now and has made still no more effort to find a job, and my ex actually works for a 3rd party service contracted by the state to try and help people on social services find a job so they can get off the dole. Somehow she doesn't have the gumption to tell him to get off his ass. I really feel sorry for how that kid is going to turn out.

subseashooter

Use Your Imagination.....
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Here and There
    I hate bobbing around the North Atlantic in 5-10 meter seas for days on end waiting for that 12 hour weather window we need to install a 2M$ "brain" on an oil well. When it happens and everything works right, then there are other problems that nobody mentioned before.....I just risked my neck, darn near got washed overboard, and stayed up for a shift and a half so you could 'try something' that any imbecile coulda told you wasn't going to fix your REAL problem!?!?! WTF!?!? THESE ARE PEOPLES LIVES OUT HERE!!!!!

*sigh* thanks, I needed that rant

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Obama does something to further embarrass the office.. He's POTUS for Pete sake, and Commander and Chief.. OK, this REALLY did happen,when I first heard the story I just assumed it wa s humor.. nope

Obama stated he favored a leadership style of "lead from the rear"..

For as long as men have put on uniforms, leadership style has been studied and perfected.. at NO time did anyone 'DREAM' that one of our CIC's would ever say they led from the rear.. I have no doubt that the E ring of the Pentagon went into shock, Putin told his aid to go back and get the real translation.. and a couple dozen ex POTUS's spent some time spinning in thier graves..

you don't talk to other men while at the urinal, you don't order Quich at Joes dinner.. and NO ONE who leads our military does so from behind..

He's the epitome of a R.E.M.F.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    And the ones that know less about guns or gun laws than they do about customer service.
    I applied for a sales position at an under-construction gun shop when I was a young man. A man and his wife owned the shop and when I dropped in to apply they were both there, assembling display cabinets in advance of opening the next week. Some of the cabinets were already assembled and had guns in them.

I introduced myself and asked about employment. They stopped what they were doing and started to interview me right there. The man was very gruff. "What do you know about selling guns?"

The vagueness of the question caught me off guard so I hesitated. That gave the woman an opening. She reached into a cabinet, pulled out an old 5-screw S&W, and handed it to me. "What can you tell me about this?" she asked.

I quickly identified the firearm, condition, and approximate age. Then I started to cover the basic history of S&W revolvers to show where this piece fit in.

The man ripped the revolver from my hands. "Get out." I was taken aback and didn't move instantly. "I don't fucking need employees who know guns; I need employees who know sales. Now get the **** outta my store!"

End of interview. I walked out. As I was leaving, I could hear him verbally laying into his wife for being so stupid.

I hate it when stuff like that happens.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    One more thing I hate: Rap music.
    I used to do stand-up comedy for a hobby. I did a mean rap version of "The Ballad of The Beverly Hillbillies", complete with extended lyrics speculating on the true nature of the relationship between Ellie May and her animals. ;)

Not all rap is bad.

First album with a rap song that charted: Parallel Lines by Blondie. That wasn't bad.

Oldest rap performance on film that I can remember: Rex Harrison in My Fair Lady, 1964. He called it "speaking on pitch" but that doesn't matter. By any other name, he still rapped all his songs in that movie. That wasn't bad, either.

Don't throw out the baby with the bath water. Not all rap music is garbage - just most of it.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    When you go to a bar from a long day of whatever and they give you a warm beer.
    People who have an excuse for everything.

Top Bottom