Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Day-tuh? Or Dat-uh?

Whichever you use is a pretty good indicator whether you come from a telecom background or a datacom background.

So, why the hangup on the pronunciation of "route"? Where did that come from?

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    [QUOTbenenglish;872669]I applied for a sales position at an under-construction gun shop when I was a young man. A man and his wife owned the shop and when I dropped in to apply they were both there, assembling display cabinets in advance of opening the next week. Some of the cabinets were already assembled and had guns in them.
    I introduced myself and asked about employment. They stopped what they were doing and started to interview me right there. The man was very gruff. "What do you know about selling guns?"
    The vagueness of the question caught me off guard so I hesitated. That gave the woman an opening. She reached into a cabinet, pulled out an old 5-screw S&W, and handed it to me. "What can you tell me about this?" she asked.
    I quickly identified the firearm, condition, and approximate age. Then I started to cover the basic history of S&W revolvers to show where this piece fit in.
    The man ri pped the revolver from my hands. "Get out." I was taken aback and didn't move instantly. "I don't $#@!ing need employees who know guns; I need employees who know sales. Now get the $#@! outta my store!"
    End of interview. I walked out. As I was leaving, I could hear him verbally laying into his wife for being so stupid.
    I hate it when stuff like that happens.[/QUOTE]

Ben; i'm curious, what do you think was the cause of his outburst.. was he interminated by your knowledge, or what?

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    [QUOTbenenglish;872669]I applied for a sales position at an under-construction gun shop when I was a young man. A man and his wife owned the shop and when I dropped in to apply they were both there, assembling display cabinets in advance of opening the next week. Some of the cabinets were already assembled and had guns in them.
    I introduced myself and asked about employment. They stopped what they were doing and started to interview me right there. The man was very gruff. "What do you know about selling guns?"
    The vagueness of the question caught me off guard so I hesitated. That gave the woman an opening. She reached into a cabinet, pulled out an old 5-screw S&W, and handed it to me. "What can you tell me about this?" she asked.
    I quickly identified the firearm, condition, and approximate age. Then I started to cover the basic history of S&W revolvers to show where this piece fit in.
    The man ri pped the revolver from my hands. "Get out." I was taken aback and didn't move instantly. "I don't $#@!ing need employees who know guns; I need employees who know sales. Now get the $#@! outta my store!"
    End of interview. I walked out. As I was leaving, I could hear him verbally laying into his wife for being so stupid.
    I hate it when stuff like that happens.

Ben; i'm curious, what do you think was the cause of his outburst.. was he interminated by your knowledge, or what?[/QUOTE]

He knew his wife couldn't resist the power of the beard....Typical dad

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    He knew his wife couldn't resist the power of the beard....Typical dad
    It was long before you, son. I didn't have a beard at the time.

As for the outburst, I think he just figured I was a guy who liked guns, not a guy who could sell them. I think he made a snap judgment and then didn't want to have another second of his time wasted by a 20-year-old looking for his first job in retail.

Anybody from Houston remember the name of the shop? It was located across the street, to the north, from the Bellaire triangle. It was across from the Dunkin Donuts that was there for decades. (May still be, for all I know.) After all this time, I've forgotten the name of the place. It was very small and only lasted a short while.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    I hate it when someone is given blatant, obvious hints, over, and over, and over, and over again, and yet, they still don't get the hint.

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    I hate it when I sit down for a little R&R on the John and I notice I only have about five squares of toilet paper to work with. Also, I hate using thin, cheap paper in public places that rips even when I'm wiping as gently as possible. Damn cheap asses.

-TXG-

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    I hate it when I sit down for a little R&R on the John and I notice I only have about five squares of toilet paper to work with. Also, I hate using thin, cheap paper in public places that rips even when I'm wiping as gently as possible. Damn cheap asses.

-TXG-
    Then you get that unwanted penteration.

Or, in your case, wanted..

Top Bottom